Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell new signing

I wouldnt say he would be manager within a month...however i would certainly say so by xmas!! lets be realistic, the guy has managed truro in the conference south & played for spurs, with the greatest respect can you imagen him taking critiscim from the bench if he belived what he was doing was correct! Also why would he travel from home in devon to play at poltair(£££). Now is it money, or is it for his love & affiliation with st.austell football club!? there must be a hidden agenda in there somewhere

Maybe it could be the most shrewd signing of the close season! Brings experience to a very good team! And maybe if the club do gain promotion, then perhaps he could be the man to take them forward! I take my hat of to you Mr Nancarrow.

This thread epitomises what is good and bad about this forum.Good in that the rubbish that is expressed by some ,is quite amusing and bad in that unfounded rumours are spread without thought.Alan Carey suffering on a different thread.Let me assure you Dan is very much the manager and will remain so.Secondly the club is not offering Lee a living ,just a chance to enjoy playing with a good bunch of lads who are desperate to win something.There are people who enjoy the game and not everybody is a mercenary as assumed by those not in the know.He trained earlier in the week.Quiet ,unassuming and hard working.Just a great attitude,in line with that of all the others who trained.I rarely post but couldn't let this set of Chinese whispers gain credibility.

Western Morning News today

"Hodges wants to stay in management and he has applied for the manager's job at Salisbury. The ex-Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United stalwart has had offers to play at a higher level than the Peninsula League, but he does not want to travel just to play any more."

This thread epitomises what is good and bad about this forum.Good in that the rubbish that is expressed by some ,is quite amusing and bad in that unfounded rumours are spread without thought.Alan Carey suffering on a different thread.Let me assure you Dan is very much the manager and will remain so.Secondly the club is not offering Lee a living ,just a chance to enjoy playing with a good bunch of lads who are desperate to win something.There are people who enjoy the game and not everybody is a mercenary as assumed by those not in the know.He trained earlier in the week.Quiet ,unassuming and hard working.Just a great attitude,in line with that of all the others who trained.I rarely post but couldn't let this set of Chinese whispers gain credibility.

Well said Kelvin, I agree with every word you had said. This is a good opportunity for both camps - Lee to keep match fit at a good competitive level while ne seeks another managerial position probably at steps 2 - 4 (applying for the Salisbury vacancy confirms this) and St Austell to benefit from his skill and experience. Nice to see some common sense comments. Good luck to Lee & the lads.

Argyle has been great to my lad bud and he has been there since 5yrs. I just would love more ex pro players to get involved up there. Yes i am down there and the reason he stays at Argyle is he is better were he is Best. Apologies again

"Hodges wants to stay in management and he has applied for the manager's job at Salisbury. The ex-Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United stalwart has had offers to play at a higher level than the Peninsula League, but he does not want to travel just to play any more."

If Salisbury are looking for a new manager,they wont get a better one than Lee Hodges.His best playing days are behind him now and is a bit prone to leg injuries which you expect at his age.But as a person and manager you wont find better.I still think in the future he will be managing at football league level.Without a doubt the best manager Truro have ever had.

Salisbury have appointed Mikey Harris as new boss having stepped up from Assistant Manager.