Cornwall Football Forum

Teach Truro A Lesson

I noticed Newquay Ladies were brought into the discussion, I must admit that witnessing the infighting on these boards over the past months between groups within the Newquay 'MALE' set up, they could have reaped what they have sewn (a ladies section who had enough of the male ego's), I am sure the Newquay Ladies haven't had the same bitterness along the way achieving what they have to date. Well done Ladies.

In the terms of English Women's football, Newquay are fast reaching the summit, to play at that level COSTS MONEY, that money WAS NOT AVAILABLE at Newquay to the level needed to maintain that footballing standard, perhaps (I do not know) the volume needed will be available with their move.

As a Cornish exile living almost 300 miles away, I take an interest from afar, I have done this for decades, I have witnessed the St. Austell, St Blazey and Falmouth, glory years, during these years THEY SPENT FORTUNES without rebuke, this time it is TRURO's TURN, unfortunately for the simple minds their ambition is greater than that of any Cornish team before, now that is not a CRIME, it is bloody marvellous for the City of Truro AND Cornish football.

The statement about Cornish clubs paying fortunes to players at the level of Cornish football is confusing, why pay them at all, bar expenses for the furthest travellers, to pay anyone to play that level of the pyramid is MAD, small village teams in my area are playing at the standard Truro are playing now or above in some cases, not for them the big bucks being bandied about on local soccer forums and in the press.

Someone mentioned Ian Gosling as a Truro local, there is also Truro's own Jake Ash, already I have doubled the total, I can double it again, Ross Pope and Johnny Ludlam are also local lads, WOW we are up to FOUR already, I would carry on but the web may run out of space.

CORNWALL's NUMBER ONE.

We are NOT Brazil, we're Truro City, We are not Brazil, we're Truro City,

We are NOT Brazil, we're Truro City, The dream goes on and on.

Guest postman pat

if Truros 2nds get promoted will the 3rds play in the combo lol good luck to Truro does not ever club want to get as high up the ladder as possible is this not what football is all about. promotion and relegation is what followers live for. why do most of the country hate Chelsea. at least mr Heany has got the balls to put his money up to back his passion for the game.if he ever gets tired of Truro he can always come and back Titans f.c we are only just behind Truro f.c but are just as eager to get up the leagues lol :clapper: lets all get behind the cornish teams and increase the profile of cornish football.where Truro go others can follow. :thumbsup::yahoo: :clapper: