Cornwall Football Forum

Teach Truro A Lesson

Truro expect to win the Western League Premier and gain promotion meaning that if their 2nd team win the Combo they will automatically gain promotion to the SWPL Div 1 West.

Not so, as it is up to the SWPL members to vote Truro in and it is a choice between the winners of the Combo or ECPL. Lets hope if the winners of the ECPL are not a reserves side and apply to join the SWPL league.

Then the member clubs of the SWPL could vote for the winner of the ECPL or even a team from Devon if they are close enough to the border to join the SWPL Div 1 West.

Surely the winner of the combo would go into the Div 1 west and the Winner of the ECPL go into the Div 1 East?????? this meaning it wouldn`t be a choice of the Combo or Ecpl.

Also could you please enlighten me as to what you mean that Truro arn`t doing nothing for Cornish football???

What doesn`t Truro do that the likes of Penzance, Falmouth, Porthleven, Newquay do?

Guest Postie Pidge

And the winner of South Devon League/Devon & Exeter League/North Devon League?

It could end up with one of those going for the East Division and ECPL/Combo going for the west

Devon have teams in the Championship, Conference, southern and a host of them in the Western Leagues.

No wonder we are the poor relations with some of the attitudes I see.

Lets confine all Cornish teams to the lower echelons and then we can all travel to Devon to see some good professional football.

And as for a Cornish Team winning the FA Vase... well we can all dream can't we..!!

By having a semi-professional outfit like Truro they are forcing other local clubs to offer inflated wages to try and keep thier decent players. In 12-24 months these clubs are going to be in finacial difficulties.

Look at the money floating round the Combo as teams try to put the brakes on Truro.

Now we hear they are going to pinch the most sucsseful ladies football team in the County. Not to help the team but for Truro's gain.

By having a semi-professional outfit like Truro they are forcing other local clubs to offer inflated wages to try and keep thier decent players. In 12-24 months these clubs are going to be in finacial difficulties.

Look at the money floating round the Combo as teams try to put the brakes on Truro.

Now we hear they are going to pinch the most sucsseful ladies football team in the County. Not to help the team but for Truro's gain.

what a load of dribble,teams have been paying out silly money in the combo for years,way before mr heaney came along,just because you seem to hate truro,thats your perogative but get your facts right. :angry::angry: :angry:

im sure some teams have been paying money like truros in the combo for years!! just like truros mr m says!

its happening you wont stop it and im sure we have had this conversation before many many times!

dont suppose any of the people posting on here used the FA vase final to take a cheeky trip to wembley though did they??

Cornishteddyboy

Combo teams spending money to put the brakes on Truro, why?

That's like saying put your money on this horse, it's got no chance but what the hell.

I'm quite sure Combo teams and their backers haven't got Truro in mind when they try and entice players to their club.

As for your comments about in another 24 months, Clubs will be dried up financially and all the best players gone to Truro, your kidding yourself.

Only one or two will make the first team squad at Truro who come from other clubs here in Cornwall. Truro will have to entice players of better quality from further afield. We're talking about Southern League Premier, if all things go according to plan, and I can't honestly see many local boys playing that standard.

As for Truro's seconds, they need to support the first if only by having games against the best opposion possible so as to keep those guys "with it" who don't make the first.

Having seen Truro play recently, they play some good football and well worth watching. There's no surprise they get the gates they do.

As for going to watch sides from Devon, who would you suggest outside the professional outfits?

how are truro not helping cornish football. before they came along and did anything cornish football was all ameteur and unknown to most teams up country. now truro have put cornish football on the map all everyone can do is slag them off! i think its good for cornish football and if other teams try 2 emulate them maybe cornish football would be a much better standard!

Guest Postie Pidge

Cornish football was mainly professional in the 1950s and 1960s and I think you'll find (in an unbiased position) that Falmouth Town put Cornwall on the map football-wise before Truro City

I don't know anything about "putting Cornwall on the map" -- but what 'lesson' would it teach Truro? "Don't bother winning because it won't do you any good"? "Don't spend money on players"? "Your rivals are a bunch of mewling crybabies throwing their toys out the pram and not promoting you so you can thump some smaller clubs by increasingly wide margins"?

Even assuming Truro City is a rather thick student -- what 'lesson' could possibly come from such action?

Paps, you ask what is different about teams like Pz, Newquay and St Austell and Truro.

They are bring on the future of Cornish football in their reserve sides by playing young players. If the youngsters are good enough then they get into the 1st teams. Teams such as these have 6,7,8 youngsters from around their local area.

How many of the Truro squad are local to Truro but are bought in just to get succsess.

Wayne Quinn does not play for Pz Combo, and I believe nor does the club pay him directly with them having the same relationship as Illogan did with some of their players last year. A sugar daddy in the stands.

Also before the season started we knew it would be tough at Pz Combo this season with our manager Norman saying that this is a team building year with us finishing fairly low in the league. We won't win many games and as long as we finish 3rd bottom as last year then that's OK.

Yes Pz Reserves are going to have a SLOBBERKNOCKER of a season.

Yahoo, got it in!

I know it's wandering off the "let's all have a go at Truro" topic but we played Penzance Combo last Saturday and they are a very young side. However, from the way they played I can see them coming good next season if they can stay up this year - good luck lads :thumbsup:

Paps, you ask what is different about teams like Pz, Newquay and St Austell and Truro.

They are bring on the future of Cornish football in their reserve sides by playing young players. If the youngsters are good enough then they get into the 1st teams. Teams such as these have 6,7,8 youngsters from around their local area.

How many of the Truro squad are local to Truro but are bought in just to get succsess.

Wayne Quinn does not play for Pz Combo, and I believe nor does the club pay him directly with them having the same relationship as Illogan did with some of their players last year. A sugar daddy in the stands.

Also before the season started we knew it would be tough at Pz Combo this season with our manager Norman saying that this is a team building year with us finishing fairly low in the league. We won't win many games and as long as we finish 3rd bottom as last year then that's OK.

Yes Pz Reserves are going to have a SLOBBERKNOCKER of a season.

they have 3 sixteen year old local lads all played in the first 4 games,only get bus monies,FACT,like i said get them right before spouting off on here :angry:

cornishteddyboy,you ask how many local lads from the Truro area are playing in the City first team.Only one as far as I am aware,and thats Ian Gosling,as you well know.Now let's be honest,do you think it would be possible for Truro to fulfill there ambition to climb the leagues and get up into the Southern Premier league with local talent,you would be lucky if you picked the best Cornish lads from the whole of the County,you would be lucky to compete and win at Western League Div 1 level.Lets be honest at the moment we have not got the facilities or the top level coaches to bring out the best of our local talent.At the moment Truro have 23 teams on there club books,and yes bringing out the best of the local talent that we have.With a bit of luck in the near future if the plans for the new football acadamy are passed,the facilities will be there for not only the youth of Truro to progress,but youth of the County.So my advice to you,is before you shout your mouth off about teaching Truro City a lesson,and the lack of local lads in the Truro set up,think again,and look to the future.

KIT 65.

As I quite clearly stated,when you talk about Truro City Football Club,its not just about the team that play in the Western League premier Div,it's about 24 other teams as well,with lots of local youth involved.So get your facts right the anti Truro brigade.

NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE,WE ARE TRURO,. SUPER TRURO

KIT 65.

Kit65, you said yourself theres only 1 local lad in the first team. So why you having a go at Cornishteddyboy?

I think the only and prob best way to teach Truro a lesson would be to beat them on the pitch :P

Bring it on babe,bring it on,and dream on.It would'nt be fair if you were linno though.

KIT 65.

Kit 65 don't ever call me babe :angry: I didn't say people will beat Truro i said the only way to teach them a lesson would be to beat them. I've ran the line for a few Truro matchs and have always been fair, not that i'd expect you to know that coz you prob only ever watch the first team.

Kit 65 don't ever call me babe :angry: I didn't say people will beat Truro i said the only way to teach them a lesson would be to beat them. I've ran the line for a few Truro matchs and have always been fair, not that i'd expect you to know that coz you prob only ever watch the first team.

i was at that game and i thought,that you ran the line well :D

i was at that game and i thought,that you ran the line well :D

but i dont think kit means any thing about the babe bit

'NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE,WE ARE TRURO,. SUPER TRURO

KIT 65.'

I just wondered if anyone else thought this was an interesting motto for a club member to have?

Surely all clubs and teams need as many supporters/sponsors/spectators and members as they can get - I wouldn't have thought an attitude of 'we don't care' has a particularly good reflection on a clubs overall image?

Guest el nino

Why is every one against Truro? I bet a lot of you went to watch them up at wembly, and IF they got through to the FA cup and drew a decent team a lot of you would go! Also you would want to use the facilitys they plan on building, it will bring a new level to cornish football. Hope we can produce a few more top players! :c:

Guest Peppermint

In reply to el nino - is it any wonder that Truro City are not flavour of the month when they hi jack a ready made and successful 2 ladies teams and then someone like Kit 65 comes on the Forum and states that nobody likes us and we don't care etc.

I would have thought that they would get more suppport if they cared a little more about their public image and forgot the arrogance.

I can't recall when Falmouth Town had a fantastic team in earlier years and swept all before them they had the same arrogant image. I am not sure of the exact years when the Falmouth team were very good but no doubt Mike Odgers or Postie Pidge can enlighten me.

Excuse me but Perranporth have been using the "no-one likes us and we don't care" line for donkeys years - the meaning attached to it is that we don't need anyone else to like us because we like ourselves enough as it is :yahoo::thumbsup: . KIT 65 get your own song & stop nicking other peoples.

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth won the SWL in 1970/71 and went on to win it a further three times and after the four in a row, decided to join the Western League and won that a further four years in a row, making 8 championships in a row. All sadly before my time but I'm led to believe that everyone wanted to beat Falmouth as they were by far the biggest and best club in the south west. To my knowledge there was no arrogancy from Falmouth but perhaps an older person could correct me if I'm wrong?

Falmouth won the SWL in 1970/71 and went on to win it a further three times and after the four in a row, decided to join the Western League and won that a further four years in a row, making 8 championships in a row. All sadly before my time but I'm led to believe that everyone wanted to beat Falmouth as they were by far the biggest and best club in the south west. To my knowledge there was no arrogancy from Falmouth but perhaps an older person could correct me if I'm wrong?

pidge they didnt have pcs back then,so no one knows do they,we can onyly guess :lol:

Guest Urban Spaceman

Excuse me but Perranporth have been using the "no-one likes us and we don't care" line for donkeys years - the meaning attached to it is that we don't need anyone else to like us because we like ourselves enough as it is . KIT 65 get your own song & stop nicking other peoples.

not truro nicking something else that wasn't theirs to start with :clapper::drink:

i cant wait to stay in the treyew hotel when its built or even one of those luxury houses. id like one where the centre circle is now

Guest Helston Patriot

Jonny Ludlam is from Helston.. Is that not local? 15 miles too far??

We forget, Truro haven't won the combo yet! We've only played 4 games! Injuries to first teamers and fixture build ups can take there toll... Its a long season! They will take some stopping and hopefully We will!

Personally i think Truro has raised the profile of cornish football in the last year. Anyone who says otherwise i think is a fool. They just won the FA VASE for christ sake!

Well well,at last we have two people with an unbiased view,thanks chaps.

I expect by now you have guessed that I am a Truro City supporter,and proud of it.

The bit that I put in about NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE was in no way being arrogant

it was a verse of a song we sing at matches just to wind up the opposition a bit and all done

in fun.It certainly wound a few up on here didn't it?I thought it might.And I don't think that

Perranporth can take the credit for the song,so we didn't pinch it off you.I think the original

was sung by the Millwall fans some years ago.

KIT 65.

I can remember those years very well, Falmouth were not at all arrogant,

But let's be fair to Truro City todays Football is completly different, from the Falmouth Town glory days, to start with there was not the amount of money involved as there is today,

as you all know money does talk,

this is something that we have to accept, although I do not agree that clubs which are based in other towns should move to where the money is, we have to face the facts Money does talk, & people today think money before loyalty,

Hammers, :o:c: :c:

I'm not sure what spurs this debate to continue? For absolute years players have been crossing the Tamar border to play for Cornish clubs. And have always been paid for it. I can't think of one club that hasn't done it!

If you look at the best comparison of "greatness" and examine the Falmouth side of the 70's, where did the majority of the players come from? Plymouth or thereabouts!

St Blazey have done it for years, going back as far as the 50's.

As for Truro's Reserve side - I would have thought the other Combo sides would have been happy for them to move on. Let's face it, and managers from within the league have agreed with me on this one, the competition for them is second place! What good for a League is that. If they don't go up, the League will have to put up with it again next season.

At the end of the day, I can only put it down to pathetic jealousy. Let's get a Cornish team up the league pyramid structure as quickly as possible - whatever anyone says - it will improve the exposure of Cornish football wholesale!

Guest blue203

I think people should sit back and think what they are saying,!!

Would this CornishTeddy if he had an 18 yr old son who was approached by Truro to play football, turn to his son and say no you are not to play for them because he was not from Truro or because its not good for Cornish football Um lets think about that.......