Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer News

Sounds like very good news to me that in signing these lads from Bodmin, Parkway will hopefully have a team capable of winning the SWPL Premier and then take promotion to the Western League. I've often wondered why a city the size of Plymouth don't have a club capable of holding it's own in league's such as the Southern and Western leagues. It's a big gap between Argyle and the SWPL although like most other places, supporting local football isn't at the top of people's priority list.

Shane will be a huge loss to bodmin, most definatley the best midfielder in this league by a long long way. With Carts reportidly moving aswell i still feel that in Chris Lux we have the best all round striker in he division. Quick, & good infront of goal...could do with that at Elland Road next season!! Was informed yesterday that Flybe have pulled out sponsorship of Newquay...any truth Nemesis?? Hope the lads that you were very `giving` to this season repay the favour & stick by you when & if the hard times are at the door.

Shane will be a huge loss to bodmin, most definatley the best midfielder in this league by a long long way. With Carts reportidly moving aswell i still feel that in Chris Lux we have the best all round striker in he division. Quick, & good infront of goal...could do with that at Elland Road next season!! Was informed yesterday that Flybe have pulled out sponsorship of Newquay...any truth Nemesis?? Hope the lads that you were very `giving` to this season repay the favour & stick by you when & if the hard times are at the door.

Already common knowledge that the well had run dry at Mount Wise, that will be why Hoops threw the towel in, same as he did when the cash ran out at St Blazey. Hopefully for Newquay's sake he has left a better squad behind than the one bobby Oaten inherited at Blaze Park, and has since turned things round.

Already common knowledge that the well had run dry at Mount Wise, that will be why Hoops threw the towel in, same as he did when the cash ran out at St Blazey. Hopefully for Newquay's sake he has left a better squad behind than the one bobby Oaten inherited at Blaze Park, and has since turned things round.

RealityCheck and I rarely sing from the same Hymn Sheet, but there is little I can add to what Jef has said. As for players, who knows, lets see who is appointed as manager before we see who is staying, who is coming in and who are leaving.

Hoops attended the Nqy presentation evening today and gave his reasons for resigning and money was not mentioned.

As always there will be a player merry-go-round and we will have to see who the new manager is and which players stay.

Plenty of young talent at the club and I'm sure some will come through and represent the 1st team.

As has been said before many times, the club will spend only that which it can obtain from commercial activities and sponsors.

How was the evening Baldy, was gutted I had to miss it, was happy with the reserve team award recipients, not happy with how in limbo the club is at the moment.

Other clubs making plans for pre season looking at their squads and where to strengthen, but Newquay can't really do anything until the manager positions are filled, I know Trevor us doing all he can to find suitable replacements but needs sorting ASAP.

Newquay are now in the same boat Penzance were last summer.

Absolute nonsense. PZ are in submarine mode. NQY may have had their wings clipped as Flybe cut costs across the board, but we knew it was a 2 year deal and had taken it into account when looking ahead. The club has zero debt, a full 60 year lease on Mount Wise, floodlights have been uprated, further plans are ongoing at Quintrell Downs, a link up with SWFL Adrenaline in Florida, which will see some of our youngsters going to the States for a two week training camp next year.

We are looking at appointing the right management team to take us forward, but won't rush for the sake of it, it's not all about the SWPL side. Savo has indicated he would like the Combo job, he has the backing of the players and supporters, one hopes that Butterly, Steggles & Mewton will do the right thing. Tell them what you want Savo, sometimes a kick up the bottom is needed when they are concerned.

PZ may be a sinking ship, but NQY still have life jackets, life boats and a fully functional ship currently moored up on the Gannel. A crew will be appointed during the next few weeks, the Captain will take his place at the wheel and the new Admiral and Commodore just need to take the helm.

Our First team are a Division above PZ and our Reserves are 2 Divisions ahead of PZ, same boat ? Not even in the same league, literally in the case of the Ressies. I'm not knocking PZ, they are one of my favourite clubs with some fantastic people at Penlee, but CTB must have been on the Rum, he must have many yard-arms down Penwith way.

Back to transfer news, I thought that during June, players could de-register themselves from one club and then sign for any other club without 7 days notice, in effect, no transfer.

Nemesis it's not my place to make demands, it's up to the club to speak to me and tell me what they want then I'll discuss what I want/need to turn the combo team around. To be fair to the board, I've been talking to Trevor Mewton a fair bit over the last few weeks, think the club are waiting to sort out the first team before tackling the combo side, in the meantime I'll just keep planning for pre season unless someone tells me I'm not needed.

Not knocking PZ? Which of the 2 had more problems fulfilling fixtures during the season?

Magpie 291 absolutely spot on we at Penzance fulfilled every fixture did you Nemesis, I think not. Oh and the comment was you are in the same boat as us, referring to us last season, lets see if you are in a league above us next season. What is the saying ' be careful who you upset on the way up as you may meet them on the way down'

Perhaps this time next season our paths may have crossed and you may be looking up at us.

Sad times if Gav has left. Burgess will have to pull something major out of the bag to replace him.

Very sad times to see Gav leave Saltash, but he has been a great servant of the club and I truly wish him well. Thoroughly nice guy and always has time for the supporters. His leaving will surely have a big impact on the team next season.

Not knocking PZ? Which of the 2 had more problems fulfilling fixtures during the season?

Magpie 291 absolutely spot on we at Penzance fulfilled every fixture did you Nemesis, I think not. Oh and the comment was you are in the same boat as us, referring to us last season, lets see if you are in a league above us next season. What is the saying ' be careful who you upset on the way up as you may meet them on the way down'

Perhaps this time next season our paths may have crossed and you may be looking up at us.

I sincerely hope that Penzance do get back to both the SWPL Prem and Combo Leagues where they belong. Newquay AFC and Penzance have a very good relationship, I have several friends who are Magpies. However, Paul is incorrect in stating that NQY are in the same boat as PZ were last summer. Both clubs SWPL & Reserves were a Division apart but I'm going to summise that he was referring more to the off-field situations of each club. Again, Newquay are in fine fettle as described previously.

Please do not try to make more out of this than there actually is, Paul and I get on great, there is a small amount of banter involved and some fact correcting statements, leave it at that.

Back to transfer news... There will be players who turn up at training at one or more clubs, then sign for someone else. I'd suggest that until the end of July, there will be managers and players swapping clubs on a daily basis, the same as every other season in fact.

Is that you really saying don't upset people ????? Bloody hell...you upset every one !!!!!! you must be feeling your age.

Savo .. the presentation night was it's usual unrehearsed affair but everyone muddled through and had a good time. Lots of honest comments from the managers (Hoops, Sam, Jim and Andy). The date change didn't help but a good turnout all things considered. Will PM you with my thoughts.

Savo .. the presentation night was it's usual unrehearsed affair but everyone muddled through and had a good time. Lots of honest comments from the managers (Hoops, Sam, Jim and Andy). The date change didn't help but a good turnout all things considered. Will PM you with my thoughts.

"Comments from the managers" - presumably "Sam" is Sam McKune, but I thought it was Rob Flack.

Sad times if Gav has left. Burgess will have to pull something major out of the bag to replace him.

Very sad times to see Gav leave Saltash, but he has been a great servant of the club and I truly wish him well. Thoroughly nice guy and always has time for the supporters. His leaving will surely have a big impact on the team next season.

Have also heard that Demitri Kanakh, Sean Joyce and Lewis Russell have left too.

Very good signing for parkway.is that with a view to playing in centre midfield now kracs gone tiverton or to replace heveran at centre back?hear danny lewis is next on the shopping list with buckland having a bit of a squad revamp.

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE : PREMIER DIVISION

Top 10 Leading Goal-Scorers

Players Name

Club

Goals

Adam Carter

Bodmin Town

Levi Landricombe

Elburton Villa

Jordan Charran

Witheridge

Ryan Richards

Plymouth Parkway

Mark Gusterson

Camelford

Seb Broomfield

St Blazey

Steve Ebdy

Witheridge

Mike Body

St Austell

Sam Davey

Launceston

Sam Stevens

Elburton Villa

Luke Weldhen

Newquay

Top scorers in the league , any of these on the move and not one saltash player in the top 10