Cornwall Football Forum

bullying in football

Bullying is the use of aggression with the intention of hurting another person. Bullying results in pain and distress to the victim.

Bullying can be:

Emotional being unfriendly, excluding

(emotionally and physically), sending hurtful text messages and tormenting, (e.g. hiding football boots/shin guards, threatening gestures)

Physical pushing, kicking, hitting, punching or any use of violence

Racist racial taunts, graffiti, gestures

Sexual unwanted physical contact or sexually

abusive comments

Homophobic because of, or focussing on the

issue of sexuality

Verbal name-calling, sarcasm, spreading

rumours, teasing.

is it a riddle or do you just read riddles?

if you doubt bullying then perhaps you are not on the inside

it exsists where senior players condescend and demoralise younger players because they fear new talent and fresh legs

perhaps you should elaborate on your vantage point as i have this season seen senior agression actual intent to hurt physically in training and upon complaint from the recipients , quality junior players with masses of potential , they were just told to shut up by the bully and if they didnt like it to go forth and multiply

easy to say it dosent exsist when you dont see it and are not the victim

these kids just move on as instructed

try reading the fa policy given

ive played old skool in the 80s where pecking order exsisted and they even depict it in movies about football

but cornwall deserves better for the young potential , they have a geographic disadvantage big enough as it is

ive seen it you want details and can change it call me, you know who i am

I think for anyone to take notice of what you're suggesting realitycheck, this is definite one occasion to come out in the open.

From your experience are you talking about one club in particular or bullying goes on across the board? Are we talking about in training, or during proper competitive matches?

If you would rather not come out in the open with more specifics - PM me as I just cannot believe the coaches at most Senior clubs would allow this to go on.

Even phone me to discuss more - 07759 502408

Cheers

dave

firstly are you at liberty to divulge your position in football

secondly it goes on and i can elaborate but would want it to be taken seriously not whimsically

thirdly unless you are the 16 or 17 year old who is on the end of it people can easily dismiss it including coaches as horseplay or banter but the fa clearly give examples as bullying includes hiding kit for example

when this happens between senior players it is accepted but as we are past the days of cloughie and the promotion of institutional bullying on and off the pitch it is important to address it

whilst the media continues to praise the hairdryer manager albeit a myth it perpetuates emulation

so to answer your question ive seen it and heard it, had complaint of it and overheard it in training in travel in text and facebook and on gameday

as for its extent surely fa policy should be followed in the ethos of all inclusion

Reality check, are you sure that somebody at this un-named club is being bullied by this un-named person(s). You are making serious allegations here and need to be sure that what you are saying is true before you open a can of worms. Have you heard directly from a player who has stated that they feel they are being bullied or is this just your interpretation of the situation, two very different things.

very eloquent to quash but not very brave to take it on

and pitiful idioms such as can of worms is just personal drama

someone actual gave a stuff to take it up privately if i had dealt with the offender he would have been on his arse and i in bother

dont waste your time patronising me with supercilious remarks

if you aint part of a solution you are part of the problem

if you think id put names up on a public forum you perhaps should move to soap operas

contraversial enough for ya?

If this is an actual issue, and you have evidence of this happening Jeff then you should have already reported it to the clubs welfare officer!

Coming onto a public forum to highlight the fact you have seen it and not yet done anything about it, in some people eyes will be seen as condoning it.

Having known the club you where helping last year I really hope it's not them but if it is! Please speak to the Welfare officer I know the have a good one, and get the problem solved for everyone involved! That does not mean putting someone on their arse!

marksy 21?

i need a solicitor? for?

i look everyday and follow the ethos of football being inclusive of all ability and without discrimination

you?

ill reiterate for you? if i saw a grown man with kids wilfully foul to hurt my child (45 5 kids) or reduce them to tears or insult verbally abuse or bully them as i have done i would put them on their arse and so would most caring loving dads

bullys are a disease and to try and dilute it with drama is the reason it exsists

so if you want to do your bit read the fa policy and ensure you help to ensure it dosent exsist

its real easy just search fa bullying and if you can say you have never seen it then id like to cone see

dudas 26?

you talk as if i know you yet dont personalise it

oh its actual and plenty have ignored it

evidence would be the exodus of young players leaving because of it be my guest if you can obtain retrospective depositions

i expressed concerns and beyond that am powerless, out of interest who is the welfare officer??? is it published? informed ? and do they actually actively watch what is going on in training or the dressing room??

interested to know where you fit in

not saying anything at all would be condoning it pm me , i can elaborate as i have done to officials already

again who is the welfare officer ??? i was never told or introduced and met one person in 2.5 years with regard to child welfare , not adult welfare

pm me if you prefer privacy but dont hide in the cloisters

Perhaps then RC you need a solicitor. Perhaps also the way you are talking you may need to look at yourself, are you not by putting someone on his arse ( your words not mine) as bad if not worse than him.

The someone else that he talks about is a grown man, old enough to know better. The individuals that have been allegedly bullied are 16 and 17 year olds that felt they had to leave their club. That's the real issue here.

Perhaps then RC you need a solicitor. Perhaps also the way you are talking you may need to look at yourself, are you not by putting someone on his arse ( your words not mine) as bad if not worse than him.

The someone else that he talks about is a grown man, old enough to know better. The individuals that have been allegedly bullied are 16 and 17 year olds that felt they had to leave their club. That's the real issue here.

cheers for that soccer fan

i have no confidence in anyone who is not proactive or interested in facts

but its caught the attention of county now and will be followed up

like you said in the other thread the pointers or issues were there to see

That's gibberish, read your post, full stops and comma's help. Reality check your spelling as well.

Your trying to post showing some sort of command of Elizabeth Windsor's English, well, you can't without punctuation.

As for giving me a list of your problems, go see your doctor, I'm not a therapist.

Go and deal with the bully man, its your problem not mine.

Sorry guys - I'm now locking this thread for obvious reasons!

In the meantime, if anyone would like to contact me - that's either any players that have left the club due to the alleged "bullying", or anyone that can give genuine input into this issue, why not get in touch with me via PM, text (07759 502408) or email to davedeacon@cornishsoccer.info

Dave Deacon