Cornwall Football Forum

Marazion v Newquay a waste of time???

Was thinking about watching this game on Saturday but will Newquay be able to field a side to travel all the way to Marazion to probably take a thrashing from the Blues who need the 3 points to win Trelawny 5. They couldn't even raise a 2nd team to travel to Pendeen a couple of weeks ago to play Combination football and a £200 fine so I can't honestly see many of the Newquay youngsters making a 70 mile round trip on a bank holiday weekend to play a team that has already hammered them 7-1 at home a few weeks ago for a 4th team game??? Seems to be too many games cancelled recently through one reason or another but I would say non commitment as it never seemed to happen in the old days! Especially to One of Cornwalls biggest clubs. In Newquay. Maybe youngsters have too much these days, all I had when I was a kid was a football and a skateboard!!

Totally agree Dave, would be great to hear why a young player or any Newquay player for that matter would not be proud to pull on the famous old peppermint shirt. I'm by no means having a go at the club Mr. Wendron just SOME of the players. After the efforts of Ludgvan and a very young Mabe team in midweek to get great draws against top sides to take this league to the wire i wouldn't want to particularly go and watch a game where the opponents don't show or lose 10-0!?

Once again it's another thread about Newquay, and this one is regarding an issue that hasn't happened yet, Jesus grow up, yes the combo side failed to fill a fixture and we took the punishment, it's done and dusted.

At least wait till something happens before posting.

the same ludgvan that could raise a side 2 days later!

Totally agree Dave, would be great to hear why a young player or any Newquay player for that matter would not be proud to pull on the famous old peppermint shirt. I'm by no means having a go at the club Mr. Wendron just SOME of the players. After the efforts of Ludgvan and a very young Mabe team in midweek to get great draws against top sides to take this league to the wire i wouldn't want to particularly go and watch a game where the opponents don't show or lose 10-0!?

I just find it interesting how someone who is called Sticker Forever, and I am assuming lives near Sticker, would make a trip down to Marazion to watch their second team play Newquay thirds when they are suggesting that the match may not even be on.

It just appeared that this thread was seemingly having another go at Newquay, like Savo says, about an event that has happened yet.

There is already a thread that is bad mouthing Newquay and there is already a thread about teams not fulfilling fixtures.

I'm by no means Newquay's biggest fan, but like all clubs, there seems to be a lot of hard working people at Newquay that have been let down in some way or another. Take Savo for example, been here a matter of weeks, no connection with Newquay, but has taken a massive responsibility in helping take them on and is clearly passionate about the club.

Dobbie, I work with a lot of the Ludgvan boys and they really didn't want to cancel the game but as they work shifts too many of them were working including the manager. The league needed to give a bit more time. They went to Gwinear with a bare 11 and were expecting a beating so they do try and fulfill their fixtures.

We've not been told that Newquay aren't coming down so let's not bash them for something they might not do. And as for the 7-1 win at theirs, they played well in stages and have a good group of lads. I think the difference in the two sides was the finishing. Hopefully they will turn up as I wouldn't want to win the league by being given the points.

I do realise that blue nose. ..my comment was more to make the point that Newquay are getting a hammering on here for no reason.

Dobbie, I work with a lot of the Ludgvan boys and they really didn't want to cancel the game but as they work shifts too many of them were working including the manager. The league needed to give a bit more time. They went to Gwinear with a bare 11 and were expecting a beating so they do try and fulfill their fixtures.

I do realise that blue nose. ..my comment was more to make the point that Newquay are getting a hammering on here for no reason.

I take it back....thought it was a comment about Ludgvan not raising a team.

Absolutely right Mr Sticker. The only thing I objected to was the way your post came across. It's such a shame for Newquay. It's a great away game if playing at Mount Wise, so it is a shame to see several of their sides struggling. Sure Marazion would have liked to of won the title the correct way, but well done to them!

Best of luck to both Newquay and Marazion next season.

It felt like we had lost the league when the manager told us Newquay couldn't raise a side but then we played a friendly between us, where the manager's even played, had a bar b q and a few beers and it put it in to prospective. Think we were worthy winners in the end....roll on next season