Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Tuesday 21st May

ECPL Fixtures Tuesday 21st May

Premier Division

Elburton Villa 0 Launceston 0

Division One

Bodmin Town v Polperro (switched to Polperro) Bodmin concede match Division One title to Polperro

A farce that a senior side can do this, unfortunately as you said old man it's not the first time that a team has done it.

On a selfish Polperro note, congrats to the boys (I can say that and mean it at my age!) of the 1st team, after the way they have performed in the run in they totally deserve to go up as champions. There's going to need to be a table just for the silverware at presentation night!

The only sad thing is that they don't get to celebrate the title at Killigarth tonight.

Trophy will still be presented tonight,6.30. As much as we'd have loved to have won it at the final whistle tonight,I think the form we've shown during an incredibly tough run in have,I think, shown we are worthy champions. Harsh on a good bunch of lads at Kilk,but out of our hands.

That's good to know Gelly, it's a shame I can't make it because there haven't been enough trophy presentations at Killigarth, even with some of the great sides we've had. I'd liked to have seen it.

Definitely well deserved, I can remember talking about what was needed to get to this a couple of months ago and it looked like a mammoth task. Congrats again!!!

That's good to know Gelly, it's a shame I can't make it because there haven't been enough trophy presentations at Killigarth, even with some of the great sides we've had. I'd liked to have seen it.

Definitely well deserved, I can remember talking about what was needed to get to this a couple of months ago and it looked like a mammoth task. Congrats again!!!

I can remember a good one mate!

Well done lads, looking forward to another great local derby..........weather permitting!!

MQx

I can remember a good one mate!

Well done lads, looking forward to another great local derby..........weather permitting!!

MQx

I remember that one too, and the up afterwards, I couldn't have had enough if I still remember!!! :smiley20:

The problem is that there aren't many of us still playing from that team.

I should think they're looking forward to the derby, just as long as it's not the same shortsighted lino! :closedeyes:

Bodmin got 2 senior sides so should have been able to raise a team no problem. Maybe the league should ask that Kevin Marriott who cuddles up to Bodmin every week in the Guardian why his wonderful club can't raise a team. Absolute disgrace for any club never mind one as big as Bodmin.

Matt well done to you all at Polperro Fc on the title this season . Good luck next season matt and I`m just sorry I`ll will not be officiating you next season as your a great bunch of lads . ian spurling

ps well done to Kilk as again what a great bunch of lads too

well done to polperro from everyone at roche fc, cant believe the ecpl 1 has ended like this after a season that any team from 5 could have won, what will happen to bodmin now. Get points deducted at the start of next year?

Well done Polperro on winning the League - well deserved. Great bunch of lads. Great Manager! Look forward to meeting you again next year. Thanks for the messages St Teath - you deserved to be up there with us.

All the best from Kilk Management.

Well done to polperro.

Surely this would not be allowed to happen in other leagues.

Although I am delighted for the lads at polperro where a game has an effect on other clubs chasing honours it must surely be played even if it means rearranging the fixture.

Nothing that happens in the ECPL management committee surprises me anymore, they seem to make up the rules to suit themselves as they stumble from farce to farce.

Gooner - And when do you suggest this should have been played. Perhaps next season will do. This can all be discussed at the AGM when it comes to discuss rule changes. You can't force a team to play. I'm sure Bodmin will be suitably punished.

Bodmin may receive a punishment but that will not change the fact that kilkhampton may have missed out on the league title because a team who had nothing to play for couldn't be bothered to play.

Maybe the penalties should be harsh enough to deter this from happening again?

Congrats to Polperro, great achievement and especially for the the guys that have been there so long. Totally deserved double.

Shame they weren't given the chance to win and celebrate it properly (they would've beaten Bodmin I'm sure) but a farce again from Bodmin as a club (I actually feel for the manager and he has done very well considering the lack of support he seemingly has). The fine will be minimal (less than the first teams weekly budget no doubt) and the Bodmin committee can carry on with no thought about their reserves.

The league have to be strong. Clubs were effected by the Camelford debacle at Roche and Callington in the subsequent game (how is that amended teamsheet by the way?). Now is the time to sort things out, set precedents for the future and move forward.

Deduct bodmin points for the start of next season, make tham realise how serious their actions have been,a fine isnt going to be enough.its harsh on us and although on current form Polperro probably would of won,but we will never know.its a shame the league ended like this, as the the last couple of months the league has been tight.

No disrespect to Pete Charlick, who has done a great job with little or no support from the powers that be at Bodmin, or to the players who performed well in the Supplementary Cup Final against Bere Alston last week....where, low and behold they had a full quota of players & subs by the way....but surely Bodmin as a club cannot be allowed to continually make a mockery of all that is good about the ECPL.

Last year it was the fiasco with the pitch and the fact that towards the end of the season the club wouldn't allow the 2nd team to play on it, resulting in postponed matches and the 2nd team having to play 'home' matches 'away'

Certain assurances were made by Bodmin at the ECPL AGM and as far as I'm aware the main pitch at Priory Road has been used all season by the 2nd team up until this week, when, with one game still to play, the club decide to reseed the pitch now that the 1st team have completed their fixtures forcing their 2nd team to reverse the fixture against Polperro.

Having subsequently then failed to fulfil the fixture and with the club clearly divided between everything for the 1st team and nothing for the 2nds, perhaps it's about time the ECPL did what they should have done last season and throw Bodmin out of the League.

After all, I believe that not one player from the 2nd team actually comes from Bodmin (the majority are from Plymouth) and such is the disinterest in the 2nd team that apparently only one member of the committee bothered to turn up to support the team at last week's Cup Final.

Yesterday would have been Pete's last one in charge at Bodmin. The least the club could have done is shown him a bit of respect and made sure from all the resources they have that they had eleven players to turn out last night.....probably also goes to show that the none of the 1st team players give a stuff about the 2nd team either.

Come on Bodmin lets have a few comments from you as a club about all the remarks being made about you as a club.

I know one thing if every you applied to join the WVS thery wouldn't even have you as cleaners.

Hope they get points deducted at the start of next season. Its about time your Committee had a back bone and stopped

hideing away.

They should enforce a points deduction on not just the ecpl side but the south western league side as well - maybe then they'll start taking their reserve side seriously.

Agree entirely with those saying that kilk have been let down with a chance of winning it - but also polperro would have wanted to win the game, league properly and celebrate accordingly.

Absolute joke.

They should enforce a points deduction on not just the ecpl side but the south western league side as well - maybe then they'll start taking their reserve side seriously.

Agree entirely with those saying that kilk have been let down with a chance of winning it - but also polperro would have wanted to win the game, league properly and celebrate accordingly.

Absolute joke.

Anychance, great idea, lets see the response to that cus they are a "football club" HA HA

Good to hear that Bodmin have replied mate, most people know that having 2 or 3 teams doesn't mean that you have lots of players or solidarity and there are only a few clubs that make this work I.e. Torpoint who have managed to keep it going without upsetting too many!!

You can have my trophy and you deserve it, you were going to win it anyway!

Well done boys.

MQx

Absolute joke.

This seems like an excellent idea!

Bodmin's 2nd team should be removed from the ECPL for at least one season, and their 1st team should start next season in the SWPL with a points deduction of 10.

I think that might stop them behaving like this again.