Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that you have the depth in the squad? Ozil injured who comes in?Giroud out, who comes in? Not sure you have as good a squad as the spurs mangle. A better manager, no doubt there.

Well Rob, the Arsenal bench at Cardiff on Saturday: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Gnabry. Shall we compare that to the Spurs bench later today?

Despite his excellent midfield, Arsene has nobody to cover an injury to Giroud.

Which Chamakh equivalent will he be trying to sign in the January window ?

Il sera francais, sans doute....

Loic Remy is looking good at Newcastle.

Is that the best you can do? What if. What if. What if. Ummmm, Arsenal won 3 nil yesterday, Giroud was not on the scoresheet. What if it doesn't matter if Giroud gets injured?

Comfortable win for the Gunners v Hull. The only "warning sign" I can see is the lack of a ruthless streak. They were in so much control of the game, yet won 2 nil. By not scoring another goal or two, the opposition are always in it. At 2 nil, a goal back with 10 to go inevitably results in "hanging on". At this level, like any level really, chances will occur for the other team. Hull could have got a goal. They didn't. It was a run-of-the-mill win, but not convincing enough.

A tougher test v Everton coming up at the weekend.

Good luck to Arsenal, Mangle. That Arsenal team still wasnt good enough to beat a poor united side!! Just like spudnum hotpiss.
;)

Bench last night....Vermaelen, Arteta, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott, Fabianski, Gibbs. Not bad. Do you still stand by your comments about the Arsenal squad? You said "Do you think that you have the depth in the squad? Ozil injured who comes in?Giroud out, who comes in? Not sure you have as good a squad as the spurs mangle". Care to rethink that one yet?

I haven't said we had won anything???!!!??? I am merely asking if you still think Arsenal do not have depth in their squad? You either cannot bring yourself to answer the question, or you still think they do not have depth in their squad? I was previously voicing my opinion that the Arsenal squad is looking good, you disagreed. I am only asking if your opinion has changed?

I haven't said we had won anything???!!!??? I am merely asking if you still think Arsenal do not have depth in their squad? You either cannot bring yourself to answer the question, or you still think they do not have depth in their squad? I was previously voicing my opinion that the Arsenal squad is looking good, you disagreed. I am only asking if your opinion has changed?

I don't like the goons.

But it is just as good,hearing all the big gob Mancs,spitting their venom at everyone.

Your just Mid-table s--t.

Come on Roy where are you.?

I don't like the goons.

But it is just as good,hearing all the big gob Mancs,spitting their venom at everyone.

SSS, i do enjoy your um, how can i put this?? um, less than original comments. It would seem, that you are back after a win at fulham, where have you been up til then?? AVB under the spotlight cos your team are not performing after spending Millions on players, when all along you were a one man team!!
Yes, united are lower in the league at the moment, but as a supporter of a team that hasn't won the league since 1961/62, you more than most should appreciate that no one has a given right to win the league, you have to earn it. Something your club isnt very good at doing.
In reply to mangle, why would i of changed my mind? The only difference is you have the better manager.

I don't like the goons.

SSS, i do enjoy your um, how can i put this?? um, less than original comments. It would seem, that you are back after a win at fulham, where have you been up til then?? AVB under the spotlight cos your team are not performing after spending Millions on players, when all along you were a one man team!!
Yes, united are lower in the league at the moment, but as a supporter of a team that hasn't won the league since 1961/62, you more than most should appreciate that no one has a given right to win the league, you have to earn it. Something your club isnt very good at doing.
In reply to mangle, why would i of changed my mind? The only difference is you have the better manager.

Roy,
You may have a good chance of maybe winning the Premiership,next season,after all you wont have any midweek European games to worry about.

LOL.

city ,utd ,chelsea , liverpool ,everton and dont write off  outside chance spurs are all in the mix for this season could be a very close run epl this time around and hopefully the gunners there or there abouts this year , we need to bring in a couple of players in the next window to boost the team / fans but January is always a hard time to buy quality players as they are either cup tied or not in the right frame of mind at their present clubs , perhaps maybe we can win a trophy this year but it has been a long time since our last one perhaps the club has lost the so called winning mentality ? all top teams have,

phew scrapped that one   still need a couple of players to sustain the push , knock out stages ahead but we wont win this trophy , still bit short on class up front ,and difficult fa cup draw as well slowly the cups may be a dwindling away , hope not but tough games ahead for the Arsenal , but to win any silverware you must beat the best

When were there going to be easy games? It was not a good result tonight, and once again the draw will be tougher due to finishing second again in the Group stages, but all the games will be tough. I don't suppose the other teams are licking their lips at the thought of playing Arsenal in the next stage. We'll see.

agree mangle over two legs have a chance but we have made the task a lot harder , some players are looking a bit jaded but hopefully we will be back to our best against city weekend ,  we need a good result to boost the club /fans again and make others aware we are hard to beat

well what an embarresement looked jaded, city very good all over the park , we need  to regroup and beat Chelsea  hopefully just a blip but who knows lots of players off the boil but theo played well , blow with injury to Kos ,chance for Vermallen to cement his place in the team for the next few games  , onwards and upwards to next week ,

issac  giroud has been leading from the front for weeks and has so far a great season , but the whole team were jaded the only plus was theo looking back to form  Chelskie  next for us now that will give the gooners a real insight if we are cut out for a title run in , hopefully we can but our record against the blues lately has not been good , hopefully old man terry plays  and we can give him the runaround , it is all to play for would be nice to be top at xmas but even better come the end of may , who knows ?

I don't throw money away you know. Not that I am saying that Arsenal will not finish higher than Chelsea in the league, but I am not confident enough to put any money on it. Remember, I am not like you blabbermouths, insisting that my team will conquer all on the back of one or two results. You said earlier in this thread that "Chelsea will only get better". Really, are they getting better? I think they have potential, and my prediction for this year for the PL is Chelsea or Man City. As the weeks go by, Man City are looking more like the potential champions. Chelsea are not firing on all cylinders yet.....but will they ever? Arsenal were not completely blown away by Man City, unlike Spurs and Utd. On another day, the penalty for handball would have been given (although the correct decision was made yesterday - not a penalty), and Bendtners goal would have counted, and Milners "fall" would have not resulted in a penalty....the game yesterday was between two very good teams, and for over an hour, Arsenal were potential winners. Anyway, nice way to end the evening, going to bed with the 5 nil thumping of Spurs at home making the news headlines!

Yes, it was a penalty Rob. But one of those ones that see the player already going down a split second before the keeper takes him out. We only know that due to the super-slow replays. In the centre circle, Milner would have skipped over the challenge and stayed on his feet. In the box, he goes down. Penalty.

All the talk is about Spurs,at the moment.
But just look at the League leaders for a minute.
Thumped at the weekend.
The two German's arguing and falling out.
Already out of the Capital One cup.
Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Spurs in The F.A.Cup.
New Year approaching and the wheels are coming off as usual.
9 YEARS.?????????

All the talk is about Spurs,at the moment.
But just look at the League leaders for a minute.
Thumped at the weekend.
The two German's arguing and falling out.
Already out of the Capital One cup.
Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Spurs in The F.A.Cup.
New Year approaching and the wheels are coming off as usual.
9 YEARS.?????????

Well at least they will still have the FA cup to play for

sss only you would be more woried about the gunners than your own clubs situation we are still top of the league through to the champs league ko stage ok bayern a tough draw  and yourselves in the fa cup which is probably your cup final  , ok will be hard to pick ourselves up after a big defeat but city are scoring for fun at home as your team found out and we still scored three to your zero , you miss bale no doubt about that and the players avb has bought are either not good enough or have not gelled yet , avb and levy sanction your 100 milion plus spending and now you have combo to pay for avb sacking as well. who many managers have you been through since arsene has been at the helm? yes all gunners know our shortcomings including a small class squad compared to city and chelsea but we are now moving in the right direction with the mood changing with the signing of ozil , and alex and podolski still to come back , and you have still not got a new stadium  we are in a slightly better place than ste spuds at present and we probably wont win the prem this season but we Have won it when was spurs last league win  1961?  you will need a new manager pronto maybe hoddle or maclaren ? and get back to playing the spurs attacking football of old this would worry me more than how the gunners are doing  

sss only you would be more woried about the gunners than your own clubs situation we are still top of the league through to the champs league ko stage ok bayern a tough draw  and yourselves in the fa cup which is probably your cup final  , ok will be hard to pick ourselves up after a big defeat but city are scoring for fun at home as your team found out and we still scored three to your zero , you miss bale no doubt about that and the players avb has bought are either not good enough or have not gelled yet , avb and levy sanction your 100 milion plus spending and now you have combo to pay for avb sacking as well. who many managers have you been through since arsene has been at the helm? yes all gunners know our shortcomings including a small class squad compared to city and chelsea but we are now moving in the right direction with the mood changing with the signing of ozil , and alex and podolski still to come back , and you have still not got a new stadium  we are in a slightly better place than ste spuds at present and we probably wont win the prem this season but we Have won it when was spurs last league win  1961?  you will need a new manager pronto maybe hoddle or maclaren ? and get back to playing the spurs attacking football of old this would worry me more than how the gunners are doing

So tell me.

Is your 8 year wait coming,to an end.???????????

will be 9 next year  not prem league top three  if we get past spurs maybe fa cup , champs league no chance  but we are building and going in the right direction stadium nearly paid for , full most weeks , money from champs league , new sponsorship coming in we will be ok and perhaps a couple of quality signings in jan and who knows , now sss what about the all conquering spurs where do you see yourselves this season ?   top four  ? fa cup ? europa  glory ?  or no europe   struggling to get a stadium  fans disenchanted?  unable to secure top players  mid table  ?  i am not worried about spurs you have reaped what you sow  paying big money for average prem players  and not playing good football  and being boring  ,you miss bale badly 

will be 9 next year  not prem league top three  if we get past spurs maybe fa cup , champs league no chance  but we are building and going in the right direction stadium nearly paid for , full most weeks , money from champs league , new sponsorship coming in we will be ok and perhaps a couple of quality signings in jan and who knows , now sss what about the all conquering spurs where do you see yourselves this season ?   top four  ? fa cup ? europa  glory ?  or no europe   struggling to get a stadium  fans disenchanted?  unable to secure top players  mid table  ?  i am not worried about spurs you have reaped what you sow  paying big money for average prem players  and not playing good football  and being boring  ,you miss bale badly

Selling club!!
Still aching from laughing

Any Club would miss Bale.

I haven't got a clue about this season.

The appointment of the new manager,will help.

If Sherwood gets it until the end of season,as rumour's has it.

We are up to our necks in it.

I still can't believe they got rid of him. Not even half way through the season. His win ratio is better than ANY OTHER Spurs Premier league manager (over 53%). Only lost 13 games in 54. Still in the League Cup. Still in Europa League (100% win record). Still in with very good chance of securing CL place this season. WTF do you have to do? Mental!!

I still can't believe they got rid of him. Not even half way through the season. His win ratio is better than ANY OTHER Spurs Premier league manager (over 53%). Only lost 13 games in 54. Still in the League Cup. Still in Europa League (100% win record). Still in with very good chance of securing CL place this season. WTF do you have to do? Mental!!

Not get stuffed by liverpool and city. How can you think your job is safe losing by so many to your rivals? 6 attempts at goal on sunday 0 on target!! £100 million spent. He has no pedigree, if he was any good would chelsea got rid of him?