Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you gooners if you follow the rumours on tinternet the arsenal are signing a complete new side lots of players i have never heard of,from every corner of the world , bloody hell the so called 70 million is going so far my personal opinion we need a keeper to keep shzeny on his toes [ never good at spelling] a holding midfielder , aright back to replace sagna and at least one out and out goalscorer and get rid of the chaff as the club has already started to do .at boardroom level we need a shake up with more thought to the future and younger football minded people on side , and bring back some of the ex players in coaching roles liam brady is retiring this season perhaps a chance to bring back berkamp to coach the youth with maybe a chance to take over the first team when arsene eventually steps down , tony adams as man and boy he was arsenal through and through and perhaps he could install the will to win , the basis is there but now is the time to act we need quality brought in all over the club to help us to start challaging for all trophies and make teams to fear playing arsenal once again

• 4 weeks later...

well guys have had a little break mon the 1st july and the transfer window opens again .will we have the new signings we require ? or will it be much of the same as usual ? we do have a new chairman sir chips another old codger oh and a banker to boot as well that will please silent stan and ivan the terrible . loads of players linked but who will we get will it be higuan ,rooney torres or none of them will it be a big strong holding midfielder or will we get a loan again some other teams cast off ? this could be the defining preseason for the gunners and mark out the clubs intentions for the coming years or we could find out if it is all smoke and mirrors , on a plus side we have shifted some so called fringe players ,but no club has signed yet the football genius bendtner [well thats what he believes]

• 2 weeks later...

well hello fellow gooners 11th july and no major /star players signed YET but will we ? the preseason has started and suprise suprise vermallen is injured . what a great start  ,spurs have made a couple of class signings to boost their squad and so far we have sanoogoo  [another arsene project]  , at least we have a new away kit [like the shirt ] but no new players to wear it ,sigh will be a long summer again and i suppose we will have a rush of last minute buys as last season which will take time to adjust to the club ,we as fans need some good news to help us have a glimmer of hope for the coming season , 

Happy days......TEH HEH HEH HEH !!!!!

thanks older thats all i need tonight  bloody spuds fans  boting the boot in

sorry i meant putting the boot in   ,so frustrated cant even get my words out

oh well better start washing worms again weekend for my kicks  [bloody bass dont like my bait]  cant catch fish the club cant catch players

Just trying to help.....TEH HEH HEH HEH !!!! No doubt you'll have a few laughs at our expense.

day 12 in the big brother house  not much happening  AGAIN  ,[big sigh]  websites blah blah  linked with this player and that one  new messi .new viera  ,the next cesc ,the old cesc new henry [probable a dyson more like]  one wag even said frank mcclintock making a come back .please arsene ,silent stan and ivan the terrible make a bloody move stop waiting for other clubs .as fans we know we are falling further behind the top three sides and closing fast are spurs liverpool and everton,we made a good start with getting rid of expensive  deadwood but still left with the danish messi .pay him off get rid he is a no good  sponger with ideas far above his quality . chamack another before he came to the emirates his average was about 8 goals a season  no wonder he wont leave when he can pick up big wages for doinging sod all .is there really money to spend or the usual bs to keep the fans quiet ? and to sell season tickets ? the club has shelled out good wages to below prem quality players for to long.  oh well rant over looking forward  moving lug worm from their cozy houses to a nice seaside location tomorrow ,and giving them a nice bath

well well arsenal win 7-0  in preseason friendly  arsene will be pleased as will ivan and stan [sounds like a comedy duo] so we score 7 they will decide we dont need anyone as they played so well ,we dont need a striker and defensive midfielder or a back up centre half as we already have them ,and then we get back to dear old blighty and they loan all the youngsters out ,happens every season yawn yawn , as for relocating the lug worm last night they did not like that and scared all the fish away  oh well at least the sun is shinning the birds are singing and back to work tommorow  .... fantastic

still no signing  getting tedius now , please help us poor gooners arsene ,stan ivan and sir chips please give generouslly help the deprived fans with a glimmer of hope for next season ,probably after another preseason win they will think giroud hatrick why do we need a new striker ? bloody hell even i am taking the party line now .if they wont invest sell stans shares for a tidy profit  and bring in some new blood for the future

well well arsenal win 7-0  in preseason friendly  arsene will be pleased as will ivan and stan [sounds like a comedy duo] so we score 7 they will decide we dont need anyone as they played so well ,we dont need a striker and defensive midfielder or a back up centre half as we already have them ,and then we get back to dear old blighty and they loan all the youngsters out ,happens every season yawn yawn , as for relocating the lug worm last night they did not like that and scared all the fish away  oh well at least the sun is shinning the birds are singing and back to work tommorow  .... fantastic

In my humble opinion (for what it's worth) I don't think your discomfort is going to ease any time soon.

I know I'm likely to upset a few people by saying this, but I have honestly never rated Arsene Wenger as a manager. The praise that has been heaped on him by the media ever since he arrived in this country is quite ludicrous, and the man is an excellent example of The Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome. Sure, he had a purple patch some while ago when he won a few trophies, but when you've got the best back four in the world to call upon (plus the services of Bergkamp, Henry, Viera et al) then it would be rather difficult not to. He got lucky, that's all.

Bearing in mind that Wenger has had a full seventeen years in charge now, Arsenal haven't actually won all that much silverware during that time. The mystic genius seems to regard playing in the so-called Champions League as the pinnacle of existence in football. Not actually winning the bloody thing, of course, but just taking part in it by virtue of being the fourth best team in England. There is no way that a genuinely great manager would feel any pride in finishing second, third or fourth and not having any silverware to show for a season's hard work. It pains me to say it of course, but Fergie (so recently of our nearest-and-not-so-dearest down the road) would feel thoroughly ashamed of himself, and certainly wouldn't have the gall to celebrate such non-achievement. He understood that winning trophies (all trophies) is the only thing that matters, and to hell with the rest of it.

Anyway, prepare for yet another season of relative mediocrity. It will all be praised to the skies by Arsene's buddies on the radio and in the papers, of course, so I hope that will be of some consolation to you.

He lost it a long time ago, not recently. Eight years without a pot is a long time to be stubborn. Arsenal are now reduced to celebrating a narrow 4th place finish as if they have just won a domestic treble.

There comes a time when change is essential to move forward and, in my opinion, Arsenal reached that point quite some time ago. I believe that the people in charge at Manchester City were wary of falling into the same trap when they decided to change the manager this summer. By God, it was ruthless, in view of everything that Mancini had achieved for us in such a short space of time, but the owners clearly felt that he was not the man to take the club onwards and upwards to the next level. They recognized that quickly, after just one season of mostly miserable underachievement.

I'm just praying that, having got that decision right, they got the next one right as well, and that the new man in charge produces the goods. You've just gotta have faith, as it says in the song.

now now older your touretts has started  again  ,can the spuds hold on to avb and bale ? you change managers like i change my underwear  ha ha ,the club likes hanging on to their money as long as possible so we can save up for our little trip into the champs league every season  the mighty spurs might try it sometime  ,and in answer to a previous post [not yours ]  perhaps arsene has gone stale and this could be his last chance to change the way we get players ,but and this is a large but at present he seems reluctant to change and the board must not offer a large longterm contract until he can start to challenge  for the big trophies this season  if not maybe a change of direction .

day 21 in the big brother house [ emirates] not a lot hapenning normal day for us gooners spuds make another signing we sign .....??? another day near the season and no new players , we have replaced the trophy room at the stadium and moved a large vault in so silent stan ivan the terrible and sir chips[ banker /chairman] can count the lovely luchre the fans have splashed out on next seasons ticket sales oh well look forward to work again tomorrow but on the plus side my hours of worm washing paid off and i caught a bass last night but as true gooners style had to throw it back .

Arsenal's No 1 target,Gonzalo Higuian set to sign for Napoli for 37 million Euro's.
Another one bites the dust.

if its one thing i dislike is a spurs fan being right  ,and we have done it yet agin looks like me and thousands of others have been fooled by silent stan and ivan the terrible with their smoke and mirrors trick  they and the lovely  assistant arsene are better magians than dynamo ,so every player we havel supposedly bid for has disappeared before our very eyes  happy belated birthday for me  thanks arsenal .

Tourettes, tourettes !!!!! no b****y f****ing way - twitch, twitch. I'm a Spurs supporter, that's bad enough !!!!

sorry cant help you with being a spurs fan  ,but there are help groups you can join ,,,,,,,, if they will have you

Made me laugh - a lot, thanks.

glad to be of help

well all you gooners there is less and less top players to bid for every day the so called TARGETS  move to other clubs so sure ivan the terrible  is already counting his next season bonus and silent stan in the good old usa seing the dollars mounting up ,they better be careful because the legs might fall of the cash cow of champs league nxt season

Saurez?? Whats that all about steve?? Wenger doesnt like trouble makers in his teams, do you think this is a bit of smoke and mirrors??

definately smoke and mirrors and the transfer targets have also gone in a puff of smoke great magians our club officals

• 2 weeks later...

rumours rumours and more bloody rumours ,is there a player we will sign who will improve our team? time is running out for us to beat the deadline ,spurs are signing more quality players swansea have signed players only arsenal and man u dont seem to want to at present ,sss and older must be having one of their best ever preseasons with the amount of players coming in and if bale moves on they will invest in more ,could the white tide be turning to become the best team in north london ? even some arsenal fans say levy is playing a cracking game with real and telling them what spurs want and wont budge , what is ivan the terrible doing ? counting cash for silent stan? bring back david dein he was crucial to arsenals transfers of the past ,he was a football man through and through ,ivan is a bloody bean counter and is not a great football fan ,andd as for stan he never turns up at the emirates as we all know the usa is a hot bed of football [or soccer as they like to call it] ,the frustration is killing the fans i would pull my hair out but it would have to be out of my ears [ or nasel] sorry have to have a lie down in a darkened room and try to stay away from arsenal sites

If you pulling hairs out your nose and ears - your as old as me :yahoo:

the joys of the over 50s and being a gooner or should that be gonner as well deffo need a lie down

I wish I was 50 again, that's a long time ago for me I'm afraid ...... anyway you go and lie down, you're going to need your sleep to get through this season - night night. :thumbsup:

If you pulling hairs out your nose and ears - your as old as me :yahoo:

the joys of the over 50s and being a gooner or should that be gonner as well deffo need a lie down

I wish I was 50 again, that's a long time ago for me I'm afraid ...... anyway you go and lie down, you're going to need your sleep to get through this season - night night. :thumbsup:

night older

rumours rumours and more bloody rumours ,is there a player we will sign who will improve our team? time is running out for us to beat the deadline ,spurs are signing more quality players swansea have signed players only arsenal and man u dont seem to want to at present ,sss and older must be having one of their best ever preseasons with the amount of players coming in and if bale moves on they will invest in more ,could the white tide be turning to become the best team in north london ? even some arsenal fans say levy is playing a cracking game with real and telling them what spurs want and wont budge , what is ivan the terrible doing ? counting cash for silent stan? bring back david dein he was crucial to arsenals transfers of the past ,he was a football man through and through ,ivan is a bloody bean counter and is not a great football fan ,andd as for stan he never turns up at the emirates as we all know the usa is a hot bed of football [or soccer as they like to call it] ,the frustration is killing the fans i would pull my hair out but it would have to be out of my ears [ or nasel] sorry have to have a lie down in a darkened room and try to stay away from arsenal sites

Well, I was going to suggest that Emile Heskey might be available, but a quick check on Wikipedia shows that he's otherwise engaged in Australia right now.

I suppose that rules out everybody, then.

Darren Bent & Carlton Cole still available.

like this so would arsene cheap  and ivan and stan would save a packet and have more wonga to count , shame about darren bent always thought he could have made a better striker than he has  but time not on his side now ,and carlton cole another who has not lived up to his potential,unlike the world class striker who has not played for the gunners for 2 years bentner and is so good he rather take the money and not move on to pastures new what a class act

and older and sss yes i know the spuds are about to buy capoue who many have you bought now ? please dont answer as i cant take the flak we surrender 4th spot next season ...... only joking about that one boys hopefully life in the old dog yet and arsene if not he may have to be retired

Teh heh heh heh !!!!! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

THANKS older thats just what i need on a friday night ,damn spurs fans taking the michael and spending MONEY on players ,lucky sods enjoy it while you can it cant last forever or in my worst nightmares you get above us in the mini league fight for champs league places shock horror i better have a lie down