Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

3 points away from home will take that ,good to see jack and ollie on the score sheet both goals taken well , but we had to hang on for the win , we tried to be to clever at times and were showboating which on another day could have cost the team dear , credit to villa they took the game by the scruff in the second half and battled for the point lucky with kos and per in the heart of defence they dealt with the long balls pumped into the box,so scruffy win perhaps not the quick attacking game we are used to but 3 points in the bag will settle for that

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hardly an achievement to win at Villa Park, is it?

I mean, surely to God anybody can win there?

Oh, hang on a minute..........................

:wacko:

just  3 points away from home ,last season we would have probable threw them away , may come in handy at the back end of the season who really knows , still think city for the title

Southampton, first goal, foul at the far post. How is that not a foul?!?! Anyway, over 90 mins, Southampton deserved at least a draw, probably a win, although Arsenal were much better in the second half. Two good teams both trying to win. Tough games coming up for the Gunners soon, it will be a stern test with injuries still plaguing the team. The Flamini red card was correct in the rules of the game. No worries there, although the game is a little "softer" these days.

Ox-Chamberlain was outstanding the other night.  We can question Arsenals depth at times, but him coming back is huge if he can play central midfield like that again!  Got to also be considered for England also, no questions.  I do think that the Gunners have the depth to las the pace.  But Chelsea and Jose have been grinding out some hard results lately.  I think Arsenal and Chelsea in a tight run in..... City showed some signs of inability to finish without 4/5 starters the other night.

well arsene missed a trick with only signing a crock on loan , we needed cover up front but then again there is always a shortage of top strikers that clubs will release at this time of the season , and after all the hype yet again we missed out on draxler  roll on the summer , shortage up front could cost in the chase for silverware

couple of descisions went our way today [ penalty was one] but we held on thought sanogo showed promise no world beater but held the front line well and troubled the pools defence with his commitment and chasing lost causes alex slowly getting his fitness back ozil much better podolski was much better and took goal well , only bayern up next stroll in the park ha ha

The January window is not the time for big signings. Reinforcements perhaps, as you say. But the real business should be completed in the summer break, the earlier the better. Arsenal did not recruit enough last year, but we're not far off now. Keep this squad and add to it this summer and the only way is up! Bayern will do Arsenal over the 2 legs this time with something to spare.

Don't forget, winning the Premier League is number 1 priority. No matter what you or anyone else thinks, Arsenal have a better chance to win the PL than the CL. I liked the team choice tonight, Sanago was worth a start, give Giroud bit more of a rest. Podolski and Rosicky rested, Arteta banned, should have a good team selection on Saturday, a must win game to stay in the PL title hunt.

Don't forget, winning the Premier League is number 1 priority. No matter what you or anyone else thinks, Arsenal have a better chance to win the PL than the CL. I liked the team choice tonight, Sanago was worth a start, give Giroud bit more of a rest. Podolski and Rosicky rested, Arteta banned, should have a good team selection on Saturday, a must win game to stay in the PL title hunt.

Absolutely agree with you, winning the Premier League is certainly more important than the Champions League. I assure you I am not saying this just because of our little mishap at the Etihad on Tuesday night. It is simply because you can sometimes be lucky to win a cup competition, but you can never be lucky to win a league title. No matter which league or which level it is that you are competing in, the best team always comes out on top.

Look at some of the teams who have won the CL over recent years. Liverpool in 2005, Chelsea in 2012........hats off to them both for winning it, but they were hardly the best teams in Europe at the time, were they?

Don't get me wrong, I desperately want to see City winning every trophy available, starting with the League Cup in a couple of weeks time. But the Premier League has got to be the jewel in any crown.

Well, I think I might respond to that in two ways.

Firstly, it is not only the "super rich" teams who field weakened sides in the cup competitions these days, at least in the early rounds. It is becoming depressingly familiar throughout the entire Premier League and Championship. Indeed, there is a growing number of Mickey Mouse clubs headed by third-rate managers who seem to be positively delighted to get knocked out as quickly as possible, so they can concentrate on their sole ambition of avoiding relegation. These clubs seem to have happily accepted the notion that they only exist at all in order to make up the numbers, and they are cheating their own supporters by making no attempt to win any silverware, ever.

Second, Sunderland have actually got plenty to play for in the league if they wish to stay out of the bottom three. This makes their achievement in reaching the League Cup final all the more impressive, as it shows they are a 'proper' football club with sort of ambition that all proper clubs should have.

By the way, the last seven meetings between City and Sunderland have only resulted in two wins for the Blues. I think it is safe to say that none of our supporters are going to be counting any chickens!

Arsenal have used the league cup to give squad ,reserves a run not ideal but a lot of prem teams have done the same ,and this over the last 8 seasons was probable our best chance of a trophy. Bar the Birmingham cock up the prem as Steve g has said is the grail for all the so called top teams and to get in the champs league is a massive cash cow so the top teams keep the no disrespect to any sides ,a. Distance financially from the rest perhaps a fairer way is to give the fa. Cup winners the fourth place for champs league and then maybe the so called top clubs would give it more respect and at least they have one something not like runners up places , the champs league is really a European league split into groups by another name and style ,and euafa won't want to chance it because the tv rights are massive for their coffers

Sorry Steve, my point with the super-rich sides was that they can field two equally good sides in league and cups.

I concede that Sunderland have something to fight for in the league, but only one route to glory and silverware. And yes, it should be a gripping final, although I suspect that the bookies will favour your blues.

Yes, I suppose that's true, but I certainly hope we're up to full strength at Wembley!

We could definately do with Aguero back, that's for sure.

squad to short on top class players , striker a must and holding / defensive midfielder  for starters , linked with remy should have got him in jan , and bring in a top striker in summer . tonight showed we are short, all fans know this but i am afraid more of the all eggs in one basket and then find out it has a hole in the bottom and they fall out

north london derby sun both teams struggling with injuries , any bodies game form means nothing , both teams fighting to stay in touch with the european slots for next season , this game could be a turning point for both teams on the run in ...... a draw then?