Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a "nothing game" for Arsenal. Hence the team selection. Newcastle fighting for their lives, Arsenal looking to the Europa Cup, which is now Priority No. 1 for the team. Completely understandable. Completely annoying and questionable.

11 hours ago, Mangle said:

It was a "nothing game" for Arsenal. Hence the team selection. Newcastle fighting for their lives, Arsenal looking to the Europa Cup, which is now Priority No. 1 for the team. Completely understandable. Completely annoying and questionable.

I know Mangle  , but before they qualified for the Europa league semi , they still haven't ,  won an away game in 2018 .  30  points  behind city  ....... Not the finest league campaign  for a long time .? .

27 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Stevie - I think Ospina should be the number one keeper now - Cech beaten at the near post again.

Personally thought it was a well taken goal , yes Cech  is not the keeper he was , Keith not quite sure of Ospina as the number one either .

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Agree with that.

Older agreeing with Mangle ????  What the hell is going on ?????  You sure you haven't been sampling some exotic baccy ???   ? . 

11 hours ago, Mangle said:

Also Arsene should have had more experienced players on the bench , 

Wenger going. So at last, the angry Arsenal fans will be happy that a new manager will come in and Arsenal will be restored immediately to their rightful status of the most successful club in the world, and win everything. Of course, if this does not happen, it will be Wengers fault for the very poor squad he left behind. However, onwards and upwards.

10 hours ago, Mangle said:

Wenger going. So at last, the angry Arsenal fans will be happy that a new manager will come in and Arsenal will be restored immediately to their rightful status of the most successful club in the world, and win everything. Of course, if this does not happen, it will be Wengers fault for the very poor squad he left behind. However, onwards and upwards.

The timing should have been last year after his seventh FA cup.win , Arsenals greatest ever manager . But he had run his race . Sorry Mangle no easy fix  , But will the next manager be given the time and resources to succeed .

Good grief. What I see is a great man who did exceptionally wonderful things for Arsenal football club. I took some time yesterday to read quite a few of the many things on the internet. Most of them from past players or adversaries. Quite literally they were unison in the praise for this man. What he did, what he achieved, and not just in football, in life outside football. The only negative thing I read was from an “Arsenal fan”. Typical. A person highly likely never to have met him, but had probably thrown insults at him. And in all the times when some of his fans shamefully turned on him, he carried on with the same dignity and fortitude, even acknowledging some of the “fans” behaviour in an understanding way, never shirking his responsibilities of his job.

We all have opinions, no problem with that, and going last season after the FA Cup would have given him a tremendous send off. He risks now ending with his lowest finish since his arrival, trophyless, in his last game away at Huddersfield. Not the same send off for sure.

But this guy, who took charge of well over 1000 games, with a win ratio over 57%, deserves nothing but admiration and praise. This era is over, never to be repeated.

I would always support him, and now look forward to supporting the next Arsenal manager.

19 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Good grief. What I see is a great man who did exceptionally wonderful things for Arsenal football club. I took some time yesterday to read quite a few of the many things on the internet. Most of them from past players or adversaries. Quite literally they were unison in the praise for this man. What he did, what he achieved, and not just in football, in life outside football. The only negative thing I read was from an “Arsenal fan”. Typical. A person highly likely never to have met him, but had probably thrown insults at him. And in all the times when some of his fans shamefully turned on him, he carried on with the same dignity and fortitude, even acknowledging some of the “fans” behaviour in an understanding way, never shirking his responsibilities of his job.

We all have opinions, no problem with that, and going last season after the FA Cup would have given him a tremendous send off. He risks now ending with his lowest finish since his arrival, trophyless, in his last game away at Huddersfield. Not the same send off for sure.

But this guy, who took charge of well over 1000 games, with a win ratio over 57%, deserves nothing but admiration and praise. This era is over, never to be repeated.

I would always support him, and now look forward to supporting the next Arsenal manager.

Good summing up of Arsene Mangle .   Now the speculation will start on who will take over , interesting time for the club , I expect some players will be worrying about their squad places  ,  and rightly so.

Wenger coming was the best thing that could've happened to Arsenal at the time. Wenger leaving is the best thing that could happen to Arsenal now. For all the achievements he's had with the club, he's been past it for a very long time. Massive respect for what he did over 15 years ago, but the last 15 years have been poor

On 24/04/2018 at 09:48, Keith B said:

I'm sure they will make the right choice stevie. Arsenal - the very name makes football followers lift their heads - whether they hate or love them. 

It's a big chance for Arsenal and a new manager to hopefully improve their league results, it will take time to weed out some under achieving players and bring in players to improve the team .  Arsenal are still a big club  but have slipped down the league in recent seasons ,  personally I think the board already know who the next manager is but can't name him until the end of season  . 

10 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

POTLESS SEASON.

THEIR GREATEST EVER MANAGER,LEAVING

LEFT FIGHTING BURNLEY FOR 6th PLACE.

YEP,THIS CLUB IS GOING PLACES.?.

???  

Defensively naive yet again !!!!!! The end of an era the king of North London  abdicating  , good luck to him in the future  . 

18 hours ago, somersetspur said:

You know very well,you have informed me before on here.

So why are you asking.

Losing your marbles a bit with your old age.?

??? ?  typically spud response , .can dish  it out but can't take it   . 

Well it is nearly over Arsene 22 years ,   the club should name a stand  after him as well as putting up a statue outside the stadium , After Fergie  he is the last of the long serving managers , some fans no no different ,  trophies  , New training ground , New stadium  his legacy will last  , just a shame there was no trophy to see him off , good bye to Arsene   and the history he leaves behind , thanks for the memories , but I look forward to the next stage of the Arsenal future .

First away win for 2018  not a good record to have , Arsene final game as manager of The Arsenal , fantastic tribute by Huddersfield  today ,  the legend which is Arsene Wenger has left the building  , the king is dead long live the  ? .  

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

First away win for 2018  not a good record to have , Arsene final game as manager of The Arsenal , fantastic tribute by Huddersfield  today ,  the legend which is Arsene Wenger has left the building  , the king is dead long live the  ? .  

Pity he's gone, he could have kept you as also ran's for years.:yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mangle said:

Ere, SSS, you ain't alf awful, but I like ya!!

Classic line Mangle , I didn't think anyone else would remember it  , great response to ??? SSS .  Or Dad I did it wrong again !

23 hours ago, somersetspur said:

So it looks like its going to be **** Emery.

Well he seems to have all the correct credentials.

Sevilla,never won an away match when he was in charge for a season.

A big bonus he speaks better English than Kane aaaaaaa  after every sentence ?

On 24/05/2018 at 13:02, stevieb said:

Classic line Mangle , I didn't think anyone else would remember it  , great response to ??? SSS .  Or Dad I did it wrong again !

A big bonus he speaks better English than Kane aaaaaaa  after every sentence ?

Real classy.Showing your real colours.

I hope Kane gets injured in the World Cup friendly,and gets ruled out of the competition.

He can have a nice break for the start of next season.

Then you with the rest of the Goons and bin-dippers,can look forward to the World Cup,with Henderson leading the side from midfield,with one-leg Welbeck up front,maybe even old Jack Wheelchair could get called up.

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Real classy.Showing your real colours.

I hope Kane gets injured in the World Cup friendly,and gets ruled out of the competition.

He can have a nice break for the start of next season.

Then you with the rest of the Goons and bin-dippers,can look forward to the World Cup,with Henderson leading the side from midfield,with one-leg Welbeck up front,maybe even old Jack Wheelchair could get called up.

Awww diddums , did I upset you?  , if you can't take a bit of stick  don't give it out , Kane the best English striker , hope he gets a hatfull  of goals for England , true colours yep I have a sense of humour ,  Jack Wheelchair ,ohh  I am offended ( not )  doesn't deserve to go ,  Welbeck hard working not a lot of goals , one legged , I am so upset ?   , England world cup squad is the best there is to pick with only 33% English players available from the premiere league , shock , horror   . Hope they do well but the odds are stacked against them , I am afraid ??? SSS you are becoming an old grump , lighten up man . Lifes to short ?????