Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

older you crack me up   ....... and you are probablly right specaily now we beat man city 3-1 in friendly arsene ,silent stanand ivan the terrible  will think fantastic we dont need to buy any more faces as our policy is paying off  .........   which is  buy cheap sell on and make handsome profit  and fool the fans with empty promises to fill the fantastic stadium very week , a great buisness model but the fans want to compete for the top trophies ,history does not show your bank balance but trophies won .eight years and still counting and if the so called people at the top carry on we will be in the wilderness for a lot longer

And Spurs signing everything with a heartbeat, maybe things they  are a changing - I've been waiting long enough.

yes older we all know ..... you spuds have been ladies in waiting for ever and a day  but you may become the bride soon and not the bridesmaid

And Spurs signing everything with a heartbeat, maybe things they  are a changing - I've been waiting long enough.

yes older we all know ..... you spuds have been ladies in waiting for ever and a day  but you may become the bride soon and not the bridesmaid

Hope so. Looks like I may be your only bright spot this season, I'll do my best to lift your spirits - like hell I will. LOL

great news arsene is working on signings only trouble all the top targets have been missed and who is left?  and arteta could be out for six weeks  ,great start to the prem league ,and perez the player who played preseason against city cant be signed as they cant get a work permit ,whats going on at the club what a bunch of number crunchers ,they cant even find out if a player can get a permit before giveing him a trial  unbelievable ,all the money the top guys take from the club and they cant sign players and do background checks

well well  arsenes transfer policy is really working  ,and he has the bloody neck to say who should we buy ?  it is up to him to target players and put it into the hands of ivan to sort out transfers but neither are doing their jobs at present which they are paid really well for ,if they are not up to the job perhaps it is time to move on and replace them with somebody who is able to lead the club forward  ,we have more injuries and still have to qualify for champs league .arsene has been great for the gunners but he seems to becoming more eccentric like an old uncle , villa were more composed and seemed to be quicker to the ball ,as usual we had lots of possesion but yet again no end product , i like scezny and think he will become a great keeper but he needs someone to push him and his decsion  making  sometimes leaves a lot to be desired , if arsene is not careful wilshire will become fed up and will leave just as all the top players have over the years ,and after yesterday will any top players want to come to the emirates ?  cant see it myself  i will not stop my following of the gunners but i can see another hard season for the fans and if they dont get some quality in  we will struggle to get in the top five let alone win a trophy  

Wenger is a reasonable manager, but, he inherited a decent team with which he won a lot of trophies. Now, he has to target players and seduce them to Assenhole, something he seems incapable of. Maybe not as good as his reputation ??? 8/9 years and counting.

Lucky to make top 4 for the last two seasons imo.

He's definitely not as good as his reputation, which is massively over-inflated. Bearing in mind that he's been in his current post for seventeen years, and bearing in mind also that he's been competing in four different competitions every season, how many trophies has he actually won? I think it's seven, isn't it? Out of sixty-eight! And it will be seven out of seventy-two by the time this season is over, don't be in any doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining Arsenal's current predicament. As a City fan, I'm perfectly happy for the 'Gooners' to keep hold of Wenger for the rest of all time and creation, as it makes our lives just that little bit easier than they might otherwise be.

well we got a result last night  hurrah   for the board  what a team of shysters  even lady bracewell smith has come out and stated she wished she had not sold her shares to silent stan  and had backed dein and usmanov [like bolting the stable door after the horse has ...]    BIG NEWS today  flammini to sign  well just what the doctor ordered another so called freebe  lock away the transfer chest   put up the white flag we surrender   lets not play european football next season lets just have a season off and give those lovelly folk up the road a chance  .... fat chance spuds  , 

yippeee we won against fulham ,so the squad is good enough we dont need no new signings  ,arsenes thinking save the money save the boards bonus  let stan the man keep his profits  ,arsenal  are the role model for the new age of how clubs should be run ,high ticket prices  bonus for the top men ,no trophies for the fans  top stadium what more could we want?

yippeee we won against fulham ,so the squad is good enough we dont need no new signings  ,arsenes thinking save the money save the boards bonus  let stan the man keep his profits  ,arsenal  are the role model for the new age of how clubs should be run ,high ticket prices  bonus for the top men ,no trophies for the fans  top stadium what more could we want?

A team as good as Tottenham :yahoo: We'll find out this week.

A team as good as Tottenham :yahoo: We'll find out this week.

older this is your cup final  and maybe your time to win a trophy the 4th spot as arsene calls it ,with all spurs investment  you should be aiming a lot higher ,but give credit when its due  6points out of six great start for the spuds  we are on catch up already  ,ready for the fun and games  and early season banter and bragging rights for a few months ,probably be a draw then  and maybe spuds turn for champs league next season and our cost  would be a nice change for you ha ha

You lot do talk a load of bollurks. Look at the background to the Flamini signing. Makes sense doesn't it. Would Arsenal fans be happy with all the signings that Spurs have made? Not me. Sure, it would be nice to bolster the squad here and there. But Spurs recent actions almost look like panic buying. RKIG, Flamini was not a crap player before he went. I know it is all about opinions, lets agree to disagree. He will be useful to Arsenal.

We got the wizard of oz ;)!!!!!

The most creative player in the top European leagues in last 5yrs and his record is improving each year.....world class, times are changing, haven't had a signing this big since we shook up the footballing world by signing Dennis "Ice-Man" Bergkamp

You lot do talk a load of bollurks. Look at the background to the Flamini signing. Makes sense doesn't it. Would Arsenal fans be happy with all the signings that Spurs have made? Not me. Sure, it would be nice to bolster the squad here and there. But Spurs recent actions almost look like panic buying. RKIG, Flamini was not a crap player before he went. I know it is all about opinions, lets agree to disagree. He will be useful to Arsenal.

Every time Flamini name was mentioned in his previous spell, you could here collective groans from Arse supporters,if he was that useful to you,why let him go??

well roy flammini snuffed out spurs sun , still waiting for the BIG SIGNING  ?   have tried to keep off line but you cant keep a concerned gunner away lol

Flamini snuffed the yids out??? Dif game from what i watched. Spurs, never had a clue in the last 3rd, hence they have not scored from open play in the prem league yet. Dont get me wrong, Arse were well worth the win, better organisation, more desire and better quality in players!!

well roy flammini snuffed out spurs sun , still waiting for the BIG SIGNING  ?   have tried to keep off line but you cant keep a concerned gunner away lol

Flamini snuffed the yids out??? Dif game from what i watched. Spurs, never had a clue in the last 3rd, hence they have not scored from open play in the prem league yet. Dont get me wrong, Arse were well worth the win, better organisation, more desire and better quality in players!!cheers rob a compliment from a united fan what an honour

Flamini snuffed the yids out??? Dif game from what i watched. Spurs, never had a clue in the last 3rd, hence they have not scored from open play in the prem league yet. Dont get me wrong, Arse were well worth the win, better organisation, more desire and better quality in players!!

That's only because they know each others names.

They say that RVP is unhappy at Man U now that Moyse is in charge. What are the odds on him returning to The Gunners ?

as much chance as me catching a 10lb bass   zero chance

Good fishing stevieb - as for RVP - we will see, but no, I don't expect he will return to Arsenal.

felt like terry wogan last night as i had a blankety blank [now showing my age]  ha ha  may have better luck tonight

They say that RVP is unhappy at Man U now that Moyse is in charge. What are the odds on him returning to The Gunners ?

as much chance as me catching a 10lb bass   zero chance

Good fishing stevieb - as for RVP - we will see, but no, I don't expect he will return to Arsenal.

felt like terry wogan last night as i had a blankety blank [now showing my age]  ha ha  may have better luck tonight

like les dawson blankety blank again

otzil a great signing but we still needed another couple to shore up the squad  either another striker a defensive midfielder and or a defender ,o role on january

Panic buy - to keep the punters quiet. (you) must read this forum. LOL

well we had to spend some money and save some for a rainy day  not like spurs who spent all their pocket money in one go and still may come up short

otzil a great signing but we still needed another couple to shore up the squad  either another striker a defensive midfielder and or a defender ,o role on january

Panic buy - to keep the punters quiet. (you) must read this forum. LOL

perhaps we should have followed spurs lead and spent big  and bought a new team

So, tonight's win in Marseille for Arsenal means a 10th straight away win in competitive matches. Not bad. In fact, very very good. So all this rubbish about whether Wenger would buy a new team seems a bit pointless now. No? Since the 1st PL game lost to Villa, Arsenal have now won 6 straight games, scoring 14 and conceding 3. Is this all down to poor refereeing, luck, playing "average" teams etc etc? Nah. It is down to the fact that Wenger has assembled (at last) a very good squad. The recent extensions to contracts for existing players, plus the acquisition of the new players this year should bear fruit. Still a long way to go. Every team has a difficult task to win a trophy, but the present Arsenal team is capable.

So, tonight's win in Marseille for Arsenal means a 10th straight away win in competitive matches. Not bad. In fact, very very good. So all this rubbish about whether Wenger would buy a new team seems a bit pointless now. No? Since the 1st PL game lost to Villa, Arsenal have now won 6 straight games, scoring 14 and conceding 3. Is this all down to poor refereeing, luck, playing "average" teams etc etc? Nah. It is down to the fact that Wenger has assembled (at last) a very good squad. The recent extensions to contracts for existing players, plus the acquisition of the new players this year should bear fruit. Still a long way to go. Every team has a difficult task to win a trophy, but the present Arsenal team is capable.

Blah, blah, blah - COYS

Great reply. Comment freely on all the shite that gets plonked on here, but try to get a reasonable point across, and you get your reply. Top notch. Go back to talking about your buns....f**cking waste of time.

You just called your own post shite, when actually it was quite good, but, I'm a spuds fan - so - work it out.

Don't be so touchy, I can't help it if no-one comments on Assenal compared to the mighty Spuds.

The poor relation to Spurs on this forum - not my fault.

I was hoping Assenal would fail miserably after the Villa game, but picked a bit to nicely for me - long way to go. COYS

Do you think that you have the depth in the squad? Ozil injured who comes in?Giroud out, who comes in? Not sure you have as good a squad as the spurs mangle. A better manager, no doubt there.

The squad is fine, just not full of well known tried and tested players. People therefore, wrongly in my opinion, just assume it's a weak squad. As you say, a better manager, one with whom I have faith in, and who has assembled the squad. How many injuries are you supposed to cater for? Arsenal have 6 first teamers injured right now, so if you looked at the bench on Tuesday, you may have noticed a couple of youngsters. They all start somewhere. I'm not claiming that Arsenal have the all conquering squad that is destined to clear up all the trophies this year, but they are stronger than a lot of people give them credit for.

Depth? Bearing on mind 11 players start.
Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Sagna can also play in the middle as he has recently been proving.
Gibbs, Jenkinson, Monreal, Sagna. Not a bad set of fullbacks.
The Ox, Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Flamini in the midfield. Pretty good.
Giroud, Podolski, Walcott up front.
There are others, just not as well known, but good. So, Ozil out, Cazorla in. Giroud out, Podolski in. Or Sanogo. Need I go on?

Depth? Bearing on mind 11 players start.
Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Sagna can also play in the middle as he has recently been proving.
Gibbs, Jenkinson, Monreal, Sagna. Not a bad set of fullbacks.
The Ox, Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Flamini in the midfield. Pretty good.
Giroud, Podolski, Walcott up front.
There are others, just not as well known, but good. So, Ozil out, Cazorla in. Giroud out, Podolski in. Or Sanogo. Need I go on?

So that's the Premiership sorted and the Champions League.

Stop smoking that stuff,Mangle.