Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Do you realise the population of that team you lost to last night,is LESS than what the Emicrates hold.

Thats how bad you are.

Me good ?

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Do you realise the population of that team you lost to last night,is LESS than what the Emicrates hold.

Thats how bad you are.

Sorry thought The Arsenal played at the Emirates ? , but thanks for letting me know on population and capacity of the Emirates , it is true you can learn something new every day  , even from SSS  , I knew you wouldn't be away to long from the forum , welcome back old chap :thumbsup:

Absolute disgrace from the scum.

Monreal having to go off after doing his back in,DIVING.

Wilshire also DIVING trying to con the officials.

Ozil who just signed a new contract,believed to be around £300,000+ a week,just strolling around with no interest.

Ramsey and Xhaka walking back,not tracking back when Silva scores.

Fans leaving after 65 mins,when Kompany scored.

Gary Neville was spot on.

Arsenal ,are just not worth talking about.

Joke of a football club.

2 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Absolute disgrace from the scum.

Monreal having to go off after doing his back in,DIVING.

Wilshire also DIVING trying to con the officials.

Ozil who just signed a new contract,believed to be around £300,000+ a week,just strolling around with no interest.

Ramsey and Xhaka walking back,not tracking back when Silva scores.

Fans leaving after 65 mins,when Kompany scored.

Gary Neville was spot on.

Arsenal ,are just not worth talking about.

Joke of a football club.

But you are SSS :yahoo:

Not Arsenals finest hour !!!!!!  Have to agree with Gary Neville comments on the gunners , to be honest I thought city let us off the hook and really didn't have to get out of second gear after the first goal  . SSS  you don't have to use insulting words about Arsenal all genuine fans know there are big problems with the team . Major overhaul needed . But can the board grow a pair and put up ????.

Man City are the best team at the moment. In trying to argue Arsenal's poor performance, the Man City performance get side-lined. It's almost as if Arsenal lost to Oldham or someone like that, a shockingly embarrassing display. It was not that. Man City were superb, the movement, confidence, ability. They were better with the ball, and without the ball. Arsenal tried to play "their game", but City stopped them. Arsenal were outclassed on the day. It happens. I am an Arsenal fan, and I am gutted. But I see through the thin vale of ignorance that is most fans and commentators. They are basically fed-up with Arsene Wenger, who in fact, should still be applauded by every Arsenal fan, who has worked small miracle's with the club within the constraints he has had to work with. "Why did Wenger sell off all their strikers?". I am not sure which ones you are referring to, how long ago, but was it Wenger making those decisions, and getting rid. Or was it the board (financially demanding it), the agents looking for their big pay-packets, and of course the players.....? Did you read what Hleb said about leaving Arsenal? I recommend Googling it, and reading what happened to him, and then try telling me this was not the case of some others too! Who knows, Thursday comes, Arsenal meet Man City in the PL at the Emirates. What will happen? MC are sure favourites to get a result, but the Gunners are in with a chance. We will see.

Mangle i think you are probably in the minority for your continued support of Arsene , and we have different ideas on the club . Arsene I am afraid and the board are behind the times  in the twenty one years he has been at the club the other top clubs have caught up and now passed them with fresh ideas be it coaching diet ECT ECT . Having read several articles,  books on Arsenal and Arsene  there is no doubt what he has done for the club sometimes under financial constraints and history will show that he has been their greatest manager , he lives and breathes football  . But he i am afraid to say he has run his course  and I think the players sense it . It's not just the city game , notts forest , Bayern  , ossterunds  , Liverpool , and numerous other defeats . He can't get the team to defend they take one step forward two steps back , back three , back four they still make basic errors , what Steve Bould  does is beyond me . 

17 hours ago, Mangle said:

Ha ha ha. I love the plastic ridicule from the Spurs boys. The trophy laden WHL mob lol. Utter tripe. Keep it coming.

You are a prize ----.

Cant discuss your shower of ----- because there is not much to say.

So guess what.Lets attack the YIDS.

We have won trophies,and done it FIRST.

3 hours ago, Mangle said:

Man City are the best team at the moment. In trying to argue Arsenal's poor performance, the Man City performance get side-lined. It's almost as if Arsenal lost to Oldham or someone like that, a shockingly embarrassing display. It was not that. Man City were superb, the movement, confidence, ability. They were better with the ball, and without the ball. Arsenal tried to play "their game", but City stopped them. Arsenal were outclassed on the day. It happens. I am an Arsenal fan, and I am gutted. But I see through the thin vale of ignorance that is most fans and commentators. They are basically fed-up with Arsene Wenger, who in fact, should still be applauded by every Arsenal fan, who has worked small miracle's with the club within the constraints he has had to work with. "Why did Wenger sell off all their strikers?". I am not sure which ones you are referring to, how long ago, but was it Wenger making those decisions, and getting rid. Or was it the board (financially demanding it), the agents looking for their big pay-packets, and of course the players.....? Did you read what Hleb said about leaving Arsenal? I recommend Googling it, and reading what happened to him, and then try telling me this was not the case of some others too! Who knows, Thursday comes, Arsenal meet Man City in the PL at the Emirates. What will happen? MC are sure favourites to get a result, but the Gunners are in with a chance. We will see.

More bu££ from the Goons biggest bull-----er.

Hmmm, those responses are not as bad as I thought they would be. Are you feeling alright guys? C’mon, get stuck in. Tear the Gunners, especially Mr Wenger, apart. Remember, it’s all about trophies, and the boys just got stuffed 3 nil in the final. No trophies this year. Top 4 has gone, AC Milan about to knock them out of Europe. Another defeat (this coming Thursday) in the league. The plot has well and truly been lost. Signing existing and new players on huge contracts, but get nothing back from them in terms of performance. Arsenal are there for the taking, on and off the field. I await a real dressing down of the club, management, board, and everything associated with the club....... 

Dear Mangle  , how can you defend yesterdays game ?  They didn't turn up ,not for the first time this season. Defensively at worst was naive at best crap  !   Mustaphi a German international player wrong side of his man , and then eased of the ball stands up with his hands in the air awaiting for a free kick  . No doubts city are a class side but then didn't even have to be at their best to beat Arsenal . There is nothing wrong in losing to a better team IF you give a good account on the pitch they didn't .  What is your answer ? Can you not see what has happened to the club ?  It has gone backwards , we buy a forward and can't even give him the ball , he had nothing to work with , no Arsenal player this season has hit double figures for goals  . This is not what Arsene and Arsenal were about  they were ( past tense )  attact minded , passing football  , quick movement  on and off the ball , anda tight defense .  So who in your mind is at fault , the fans ? Pundits the media ? ,or the manager , coaches , players and board ???   . I am not anti Arsene but a realist , his time has come to step down  he is 68 now,   time stops for no man . Remember it is Arsenal FC not Arsene FC  and the club will still be here after he has gone and long after we pass through this life .

I’m not really defending yesterday’s performance. Man City have kept 12 clean sheets in the PL so far this season. They walloped Liverpool 5-0, Stoke 7-2, Watford 6-0, Palace 5-0, Bournemouth 4-0, Swansea 4-0, Spurs 4-1, Leicester 4-1, as well as beating Chelsea and Man Utd away from home. See a pattern there? They are exceptional, and Arsenal came up against a team playing fantastic football yesterday. Arsenal only lost to City 3-1 in the PL at their place, so not too bad! You never know, we could get a draw when we face them on Thursday.

So, Arsenal did turn up, but were outplayed, out thought, out fought, out performed, out scored. Do you think they just didn’t bother? I don’t think so. They had a go, and fell well short, like most teams are doing against City.

Mustafi, made a mistake, got punished. It’s football. In a game they could ill afford to make a mistake in, he did. I can’t defend him, and I’d guess he is not trying to defend himself either.

Yes I can see what has happened to the club. I believe Wenger has kept that club going, punching above their weight for ages. The boardroom is where the finances are handled. And they know Wenger, financially, has been he best thing for the club. Remember, which you will forget immediately, football is now big business. It’s not about trophies. It is for us, but no the owners. It’s about money. Why did the owners offer Wenger another 2 year contract last year? Money.

Anyway, it is what it is. When Wenger does go, and they bring in someone else, whoever it is, will get my support through thick and thin. I will hope they win every game, and every trophy. But they won’t.

With the amount of practice you mob have had, there are years of catching up to do.....

With the amount of practice you mob have had, there are years of catching up to do.....

Just go back and read your post's after the scum have been done big time.

You attack Spurs.

Take it on the chin ,big boy.

Your time has come to an end.

On 2/26/2018 at 16:42, somersetspur said:

You are a prize ----.

Cant discuss your shower of ----- because there is not much to say.

So guess what.Lets attack the YIDS.

We have won trophies,and done it FIRST.

More bu££ from the Goons biggest bull-----er.

I have not only been on this forum i have read other one linked to Arsenal  and I was shocked with what I read with the insults and racist comments between Arsenal and Spurs fans , this isn't football but pure hatred  . I am glad our forum has not stopped that low . After all it is football  perhaps I have lived to sheltered a life down here in  Cornwall .?

12 hours ago, stevieb said:

I have not only been on this forum i have read other one linked to Arsenal  and I was shocked with what I read with the insults and racist comments between Arsenal and Spurs fans , this isn't football but pure hatred  . I am glad our forum has not stopped that low . After all it is football  perhaps I have lived to sheltered a life down here in  Cornwall .?

I have been watching Spurs for years,and have had to stand on the terraces for Goon games,taking all the utter hatred they spew at us for the so called dominant years.

Well my friend,if you think Im going to come on forums and be nice to the scum,now they are having their a££ kicked,Im afraid it aint happening.

Said to Miss Mangle,Arsenal are a joke,man up and take it on the chin,because there is plenty more to come.

Agreed stevieb, at least we have some decorum on this forum, well, some of us. I refrain from throwing insults, using ridiculous names for teams or supporters. Unnecessary. You know my feelings about slang for the cup competitions. They are what they are, trophies worth winning.

And SSS, yes, Arsenal are in the doldrums, and it happens. Other teams, including Spurs, have the edge on them, but I must say that until these other teams win something, it is all wasted breath. Perhaps you can end your 10 year wait for a trophy this season, and then you may actually have something to shout about!

2 hours ago, Mangle said:

Agreed stevieb, at least we have some decorum on this forum, well, some of us. I refrain from throwing insults, using ridiculous names for teams or supporters. Unnecessary. You know my feelings about slang for the cup competitions. They are what they are, trophies worth winning.

And SSS, yes, Arsenal are in the doldrums, and it happens. Other teams, including Spurs, have the edge on them, but I must say that until these other teams win something, it is all wasted breath. Perhaps you can end your 10 year wait for a trophy this season, and then you may actually have something to shout about!

Still use pub cup ,just for Older ?. For the record I thought SSS went quiet on the forum because it became childish ?????   Only saying ? 

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

I think you are big enough to look after yourself ?

Might be ....lol

1. Premier League
    Standings · Scores and schedule
    • -
    Team PTS GP W D L GS GD
    th?id=AR_e90e122d4c9f69d08457dfd3d124293
    Manchester City 75 28 24 3 1 82 62
    th?id=AR_2b734a13e07fea2f74a0d23659f51b9
    Manchester United 59 28 18 5 5 53 33
    th?id=AR_b3cb51751aafdcce1dee8ddeef407d2
    Liverpool 57 28 16 9 3 65 33
    th?id=AR_4a6c02c01c81156c6736a9a8b25f654
    Tottenham Hotspur 55 28 16 7 5 53 29
    th?id=AR_df9424e96c97e1f9b3fea6e16679ae8
    Chelsea 53 28 16 5 7 50 25
    th?id=AR_9363eb214e6c3ecb3a7ba413810fe3d
    Arsenal 45 28 13 6 9 51 12

9 hours ago, Keith B said:

Wenger should just retire and enjoy his money. Best manager the Gunners have had in many a season, but his time is now up.

Keith i have to agree , and I have been saying this for a while ,  but he did cut a sad figure last night after the game when being interviewed , he looked drawn and all of his 68 years such a shame the spark seems to have gone  from his eyes , he usually has a quip or retort to questions but it just wasn't there . I know the weather wasn't great but the fans voted with their feet , who are the club trying to kid that 50+ thousands turned up the stadium wasn't even half full ??  I hope the board let Arsene to move up into an ambassador role at the club , or even that he could have a last hurrah  managing the French national team . The players have to take some of the blame as they seem to hide behind the manager and let him take the flak for their efforts or lack of on the pitch . His time is coming to an end , we will never see a manager last so long at one club like he has done , but modern football has moved on managers and players move or are removed very quickly if not doing the business .  And as previous posters have posted the modern era is about making money for owners , fans and trophies come secondary .  Arsene should have gone last season after the record FA cup win , but he didn't  and the board and Arsene are reaping  what they sow , a great shame that the fans ( including me ) the media are all focused on Arsene and not the way the team plays as in the past they played fantastic football which seems a long time ago , now city get all the plaudits and deserved their football is fantastic as they proved yet again last night . 

It still makes me smile. You lot listen to the likes of Keown and Wright. And Shearer of course. The man who went in to rescue Newcastle a couple of years ago, and took them down. Ha ha. And Lawro, brought in as defensive coach at Newcastle that same season I seem to recall, only for them to get even worse, and Lawro shown the door. I don't know what the ex-Arsenal players agenda is, just getting paid as pundits I guess. All doom and gloom. Get over it. Arsenal have had a few bad results. Playing below the required standard to win anything. Yes. Get over it. Wenger looking all of his 68 years. Hmmm, I guess all the other managers look younger than their actual age? C'mon, what has that got to do with anything? Wenger's best days are behind him. No one is going to argue that. Let's see what happens next. Lose to Brighton, lose to Milan, and sack the manager? Still possible, but I doubt it. I must say that I am intrigued to see what eventually transpires when Wenger does go. It will be exciting, to see what happens, but there are no guarantees that it will automatically bring success (which is what the "experts" seem to be alluding to). Thank god i am travelling out the country for the next few days, I may miss the football results!!

Sorry Mangle but very rarely watch match of the day and the pundits , usually fishing Saturday nights , so sorry I am not part of a herd or swayed by ex Arsenal players  but make up my own mind , my observation on Arsene was what I could see with my own eyes , he looked tired  and his age is showing  he has given a lot to the club and been rewarded handsomely with one of the biggest wages in prem league for a manager . But as it happens to us all he has aged  and looking at him the pressure looks to be taking it toll ,  . However and when someone does eventually takes over it is a big job and won't be rebuilt with a quick fix , I have no illusions about what lays ahead , unless a new owner takes over and invests in player recruitment , can't see silent selling as the club makes money but two many seasons outside the top four will put a dent in that . He will go down as Arsenals greatest manager but everything comes to an end , do we want to see him going out through Ill health ? Times change for us all everyday we just have to roll with the punches and  to a future without Arsene  someday in the not to distant future . Arsenal Will still be here but in what capacity .????

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

Oh - so Osil's  £350,000 per week has upset the rest of the team. I wonder why ?

There ought to be a law against paying a person this sort of wage. I wonder how he makes ends meet.

Also Keith , Sanchez wages at utd it has upset some including Pogba   same at most clubs to be honest and it also happens in daily life , we have all worked with someone alledged to be earning money x per week and everybody bitches about it .

Next round of the Europa league  ,  but shaky when A.C. Scored and a  dubious penalty to level the game but over two legs they deserved the win . Quarters of the ( just for Older ) pub cup ,cheers :smiley20:. Older ha ha ( sorry Mangle)  couldn't resist .

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Next round of the Europa league  ,  but shaky when A.C. Scored and a  dubious penalty to level the game but over two legs they deserved the win . Quarters of the ( just for Older ) pub cup ,cheers :smiley20:. Older ha ha ( sorry Mangle)  couldn't resist .

Pub cup for sure ....would rather win the junior cup....more prestigious.:c:

• 5 weeks later...