Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

The players proved  they can do it  , they caught Chelsea cold , Arsene pulled it off  today  , just wish we could have played more like this during the season.

...and because these players, the same players we had all season, didn't, then sack the manager, call for his head on a plate, fly aeroplanes with horrible banners, moan about it all and forget what an absolute brilliant manager he actually is. He stands alone, all the time, not shirking the task of talking to the media like others do, fulfilling his duties where others do not, defending the players, accepting the criticism of some fans due to his "public job", and all the time, doing is utmost, giving 100% to the club. The awful way some fans have reacted over this season is awful. They are not true fans, they are idiots. They do not realise what a tough job this is, for any club to win any trophy takes skill, patience, and luck. Thin margins divide success and failure. Whatever happens to Arsene Wenger, stay, or go, I will be very happy, and support him or the new manager as a true fan, realising that any success will be very hard to find. 

Will he or won't Arsene sign a new deal ?  All will be made clearer this week  , he admitted that the uncertainty hasn't helped the league campaign this season , if he goes he goes on a high , or perhaps he thinks he can put another team to challenge for the title next season ?.  He has come out and admitted that some personal attacks he won't forget and many are way over the top , he doesn't deserve personal abuse  for what he has done for the club , but he can be criticised for some of his mistakes this season , that is not in doubt , what ever happens he goes down as Arsenals greatest ever manager .

The speculation is caused by the media. Who are continuously asking if he is staying??? Who are driving the speculation??? He does not have to answer. It is a decision for the club, for the person. Why get hooked-up on it. It distracted the players he says. Was that his fault, the uncertainty? No it was not. Look at the reaction after the game yesterday, they all hugged Wenger. Just let them get on with it. You said yourself,  "just wish we could have played more like this during the season". It was the players who did not grind out the results.  Ramsey says this after the game: "Of course I think he'll stay. He's been fantastic for me and the players. We changed the formation and had a lot of success. Fair play, it paid off and hopefully he'll be here next season. We owe him a lot." That is a player, not the media, not a fan. A player who is at the club, trains and works for the club, is in the dressing room before and after the game, who talks to the manager and other players. I really fail to see why there is any type of campaign against Wenger. Ian Wright has not helped with all the crap he has been saying. Not helpful, but he works for the MEDIA. 

Mangle , his contract is up we all know that , yes the media are after a story , but it has drawn out , and I blame the club for this , I don't think the uncertainty has helped in the league this season , yes the players have a responsibility as well , I have supported Arsenal since 1970  and have seen highs and lows  but no matter what I will still support the club , Arsenal AFC will be there after I go  , but I have never seen it through rose tinted glasses silent Stan has a great money sports franchise , and if Arsene stays I want to see the owner back him and give him the chance to win the league compete with the top Premiership teams , if they can compete but lose out to the better team I can accept , so can most fans . That is my beef with the club .

Whatever Wenger decides he will go down in history as one of the most successful managers in English football. Seven FA Cup wins will take some beating.

I am not an Arsenal fan but the gamble to play Mertesaker yesterday paid off. Rob Holding also impressed at the back. 

Perhaps a season without Champions League football may help them to make a better challenge for the Premiership. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, PzFan said:

Perhaps a season without Champions League football may help them to make a better challenge for the Premiership. Who knows. 

Sadly, I am not sure it will. The Europa will be just like the CL in terms of amount of football. Possibly more. The calibre of opposition will be different, but that does not make it easier. The last 2 winners of the Premier league have not played in Europe at all in their winning season. I would have been content to see Arsenal finish outside the Europe placing's, however, it would have been a torturous season!!

29 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Sadly, I am not sure it will. The Europa will be just like the CL in terms of amount of football. Possibly more. The calibre of opposition will be different, but that does not make it easier. The last 2 winners of the Premier league have not played in Europe at all in their winning season. I would have been content to see Arsenal finish outside the Europe placing's, however, it would have been a torturous season!!

It was anyway (!)

10 hours ago, Mangle said:

In a previous post play the squad , youngsters a good chance to see who is up to the level the club needs  .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arsenal were great at everything apart from scoring. Lacked a bit of luck at times, but Stoke deserved the win, game plan worked. It's a game plan Arsenal has faced many times before, and will do again. They have to be better at working out the answer. Brought Giroud on for last 20 (good idea, be more direct), and put about 3 crosses in (what's the point)?? Each time he created havoc, with one header missing by a whisker. I don't get it. Wenger looks frustrated, but can't work out if they are following his orders, or not. Do they still not realise that being a goal down with time running out, having the ball and passing it intricately between them for several minutes won't help. Getting it in the box and creating maybe a chance could do it!

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Arsenal were great at everything apart from scoring. Lacked a bit of luck at times, but Stoke deserved the win, game plan worked. It's a game plan Arsenal has faced many times before, and will do again. They have to be better at working out the answer. Brought Giroud on for last 20 (good idea, be more direct), and put about 3 crosses in (what's the point)?? Each time he created havoc, with one header missing by a whisker. I don't get it. Wenger looks frustrated, but can't work out if they are following his orders, or not. Do they still not realise that being a goal down with time running out, having the ball and passing it intricately between them for several minutes won't help. Getting it in the box and creating maybe a chance could do it!

Same old Arsenal.

Thumped,  no shots on target for the whole match,  fans leaving early , players walking , as Gary Neville said who would want to buy these players after their performances ?  Play for the fans at least show some bottle , commitment , put a shift in earn your big salaries , two losses already eight goals conceded  . It looks like a very hard season ahead  .

Older can't even Respond , even Thierry is gobsmacked to see what has happened to the club , I have to say I could see this happening today with the way Arsenal defend and the speed with which Liverpool counter. spoke to a couple of Liverpool fans yesterday and I predicted a stuffing but not the way it happened .

23 hours ago, stevieb said:

Older can't even Respond , even Thierry is gobsmacked to see what has happened to the club , I have to say I could see this happening today with the way Arsenal defend and the speed with which Liverpool counter. spoke to a couple of Liverpool fans yesterday and I predicted a stuffing but not the way it happened .

Oh yes I can ...Arssenol are too big and slow now, don't know what he's going for - a rugby team (?)

I'm just pee'd off with the draw against Burnley, I would have shot my self if I had let the attacker get inside me to score that cheap, cheap equalizer.:SM_carton:

Bloody millions of pounds a week and lets that happen (!)

Older I don't think spurs have that many things to worry about ,  Arsenal have problems ,Arsene hinted at that after the loss on Sunday , a club steeped in history seems to be at the moment rudderless , and just going through the motions on the pitch , is it the managers selection or player / agent power ?  Or does it go higher to the board ? I was hoping after the soap opera of his contract last season the team could move on and concentrate on the pitch  ,but after the Anfield debacle it looks if the players don't want to play for him or the club .

The club is falling apart and Wenger just doesn't seem to care. I read that after the game on Sunday Wenger refused to criticise the players in the dressing room, and it was left to Cech to read the riot act to the players. How can you manage a club if you aren't willing to grill players for poor performance? Wenger has been long past it for the last 7 years or so, and Arsenal will only fall by the wayside with him in charge. If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd be fuming with the club. Firstly they blamed paying the stadium off for years as to why they never bought players, something I always found funny as they're one of the richest clubs in the country and could easily pay the ground off much quicker than they claimed. Secondly, the move to the ground was meant to help the club financially compete with the top fees and wages being offered by other top clubs. Instead Wenger seems content in one player being bought for a decent fee, with no one else to back him up as well as selling players to make that money back. Thirdly, Wenger has too much power at that club, and it isn't healthy. For the club to progress he must leave, and leave soon. The fact that he's under achieved for so many years, yet he gets a contract extension with a pay rise is just ridiculous! 

On another note, I do love the implosion of Arsenal! 

Just when I think ,there is nothing left for me. to laugh at Arsenal,about

Along comes  their last day transfer window fiasco.

Which now leaves them with their best player,who does'nt want to be at the club,and is running down his contract.

So due to the goons negligence,he will be able to move for nothing,when his contract expires.

Add to that,you must ask yourself,how the hell is Wenger going to get 100%  from this player for the rest of this season.?

SHAMBLES.:yahoo::yahoo:

You lot are just like the media bandwagon. So "you read" that Wenger refused to criticise the players after the game. Hmmm. So the players are "just going through the motions". I doubt it. They don't want to play for Wenger. Really?

Not one person has congratulated Liverpool on a fantastic display, with only 49% possession at their home pitch, in the last game. It was a poor Arsenal performance, but sometimes, you get beaten by the better team on the day. Just like Chelsea did in the FA Cup Final a couple of months ago, when no one gave their opposition a chance.

Who was man of the match when Arsenal played Stoke at Stoke? The Stoke keeper. Just your rotten luck when things don't go your way. It will change.

All Arsenal have done so far is to prove (twice) that no team will go through the season unbeaten like they themselves achieved, under Wenger, a few years ago. The Invincible's. Spurs have also chipped in with their "home" loss to Chelsea. There are still 7 unbeaten teams in the PL so far, but this total includes Huddersfield, Watford, WBA and Southampton, and we all know they won't last much longer. The other 3 teams, ManC, ManU and Liverpool will hang on for a while longer, but we all know the defeat will come.

I stand by my team, through thick and thin. Support is what they want, and need, not a bunch of so called "supporters" crying over things they read in the papers.

So it's a "shambles" keeping hold of one of the best players, who never submitted a transfer request? I'm not so sure.

Up The Gunners!

Shambles that a club the size of Arsenal would allow so many players to run their contracts down , someone is to blame , would never happen when David Dein was there , but then again Stan and his mates hounded him out of the club , funny since he left Arsenal have never  won a title , coincidence or what ?  

Winning titles don't come easy. Arsenal have no automatic right to win, it's hard work, dedication and luck, not necessarily in that order, required. The football world has sadly been destroyed by money. It doesn't surprise me about the contracts, largely, it's the greedy agents running the show. Very few different teams have won the title since Arsenal last did it. It's a hard job. I take it you feel Arsenal have no chance this season?

Agree about money , but this is the football world at this time , my head tells me we won't win the league , at present Arsenal have a soft underbelly and teams exploit it . It's not the lost games so far it's the way they lose ..The board stated the move to The Emirates would generate income to compete with the top teams  ,be it salaries of funds for transfers this has not happened , apart from Iwobi how many players have come through the ranks ?  These are all there for everyone to see , the same problems happen every year there seems to be no charge . 

But Arsenal have been there or thereabouts consistently for ages. I agree that winning the league is No. 1 priority, and we have failed. But only one team can win it each year. it's a tough ask. We have nearly made it, but not quite got over the line. The CL runs have never helped, and we are usually quite successful in the domestic cup competitions. So at a certain point in each season, we seen to get 3 or 4 "must win games" in 3 or 4 different competitions, and balls them all up. Last 2 teams to win the PL were not in Europe that season. That helps. Arsenal have always been in European competitions, and this helps make winning the PL even harder.

Look, all I'm saying is that most of the stuff being written/spoken about at the moment is rubbish, designed to fulfil ex-player egos and fuel media success/money income. Who cares what they say. They are paid to say it, and the more "controversial" they are, the more follow-up they generate, the more the media promote it. It is clear the media is on Wenger's back, and have been for some time. If you actually listen to what he says in interviews, it makes a lot of sense. Take it from the horses mouth, not the mainstream media. Some of what they are reporting is not true, but we don't know which bits they are until much later, when someone writes their memoirs about it! Just get behind the team, support them through ups and downs, support the manager.

I know all about ups and downs have supported them since 1970/71  my cousin bought me my first shirt , Charlie George was my favourite player back then , when my Mum passed away she had kept model of him from my childhood in a cabinet in her bedroom , seen my first televised game In colour at my dad's cousins house which was the 1972 centenary cup final which Leeds won one nil  surrounded by Leeds fans , remember losing to a Brooking header in a final , and I still support them .  Nothing changes about my support but I can question what happens to the club and which direct it is heading but the club is bigger than any ,manager , player or owner some just need to realise they are custodians of the club and how they leave it for future generations .

12 hours ago, Mangle said:

But Arsenal have been there or thereabouts consistently for ages. I agree that winning the league is No. 1 priority, and we have failed. But only one team can win it each year. it's a tough ask. We have nearly made it, but not quite got over the line. The CL runs have never helped, and we are usually quite successful in the domestic cup competitions. So at a certain point in each season, we seen to get 3 or 4 "must win games" in 3 or 4 different competitions, and balls them all up. Last 2 teams to win the PL were not in Europe that season. That helps. Arsenal have always been in European competitions, and this helps make winning the PL even harder.

Look, all I'm saying is that most of the stuff being written/spoken about at the moment is rubbish, designed to fulfil ex-player egos and fuel media success/money income. Who cares what they say. They are paid to say it, and the more "controversial" they are, the more follow-up they generate, the more the media promote it. It is clear the media is on Wenger's back, and have been for some time. If you actually listen to what he says in interviews, it makes a lot of sense. Take it from the horses mouth, not the mainstream media. Some of what they are reporting is not true, but we don't know which bits they are until much later, when someone writes their memoirs about it! Just get behind the team, support them through ups and downs, support the manager.

Mangle is back,and so is the football.

Must go to sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Read what Ozil has posted on his Facebook page. It's well put.

Of course you can challenge/question things. But it gets tedious with everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Including the ex-players. Just change the record. The owners can do what they like, they own it. Like it or not. It's their money. They have no responsibility to leave the club in any particular way. They can asset strip it and sell it on if they like.

I met Charlie earlier this year on a legends Emirates tour. Brilliant bloke. I was Charlie George when I was a kid playing on the estate!

Watched a BT sport's film on Rocky and Wrighty on their  football at Arsenal , very good if you get the chance with it , David Dein explained how he signed Ian Wright and George Graham was at a charity golf day with a lot of sports journalists and did not let on . 

Saw it! Good stuff.

16 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Mangle is back,and so is the football.

Must go to sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jeeeez, we've started with the zzzzz thing already. I've already beaten you into submission. You can't debate. You can't stand up to be counted. You have nothing constructive, or even deconstructive to say. It's going to be a long season for you. 

5 hours ago, Mangle said:

Saw it! Good stuff.

Jeeeez, we've started with the zzzzz thing already. I've already beaten you into submission. You can't debate. You can't stand up to be counted. You have nothing constructive, or even deconstructive to say. It's going to be a long season for you. 

Thats how boring you have become Mangle.

Nothing to debate.

We're at the Bernabeau.

Your on after Emmerdale.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

41 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Thats how boring you have become Mangle.

Nothing to debate.

We're at the Bernabeau.

Your on after Emmerdale.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Nice bit of payback there SSS .....we've had stuff like that for a few years now ...always best served cold.

As for debate Mangle, over thinking a simple game again, football is all about today.

I've seen the Assenhole game, should have been labelled as land of the giants, big and slow is the way to go it looks like for Wanger.

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

While the YIDS demolish the top team in Germany at the moment,3-1 at Wembley.

The Goons take on the bottom side in Germany,without a win ,and on a Thursday night.

That is the big difference.

MIND THE GAP.

Well it's a first that Arsenal aren't in the Champs league , Thursday pub cup a new experience for the club  but that is were they are after missing out on 4th last season , perhaps some of the younger squad players will get a run and maybe one will burst through :)

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Well it's a first that Arsenal aren't in the Champs league , Thursday pub cup a new experience for the club  but that is were they are after missing out on 4th last season , perhaps some of the younger squad players will get a run and maybe one will burst through :)

Looks like your joke of a football club,cant even manage a bit of away support.

Your Club is f££king useless.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Yes of course  the club is to blame with several thousand fans traveling  to the ground without tickets  , safety first with the k o moved  , another Arsenal **** up ,  and they go a goal down , and score three in reply , no not Arsenal's finest hour  but   , a win in the pub cup  bonus at least the wife could watch the soaps with the late KO . And good to see three young players in the squad ,   thanks SSS your concern for the Gunners is much appreciated .

11 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Arsenal have given me a good laugh over the last few years, but I've been laughing at Spuds for the last 50 years!! When was the last league title - 1961 was it? ha, ha, ha