Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

20 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Silent Stan isn't going anywhere while the fans keep buying him ranches.

Older you are so right Arsenal is a sports franchise , for Stan  while the club makes money for the owner without spending big on players they need to compete at the top of the prem league, fourth will do , I would prefer if the FA cup winners got the Fourth champione league spot would shake up both competition's but I am sure the power brokers of the so called top teams of the league wouldn't  go for it .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking rubbish. Fourth is not a nailed on guarantee. It is still difficult to finish top 4, and impossible to assemble a team to do that as opposed to win the league. Look at the money spent by Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc last year to achieve a title win, only to fall well short. The target each year for Arsenal football club has been to win the league. That is the target again this year. Last year, we finished second, not a bad effort, and hopefully can go one better this year *cough**Newcastle**cough*.

9 hours ago, Mangle said:

You are talking rubbish. Fourth is not a nailed on guarantee. It is still difficult to finish top 4, and impossible to assemble a team to do that as opposed to win the league. Look at the money spent by Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc last year to achieve a title win, only to fall well short. The target each year for Arsenal football club has been to win the league. That is the target again this year. Last year, we finished second, not a bad effort, and hopefully can go one better this year *cough**Newcastle**cough*.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

On 19/08/2016 at 08:13, Mangle said:

Ha, ha, difficult to finish top 4,  and to assemble a team to do that  - really - you do it every year.

Keep counting Stan's money boyo.

13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Ha, ha, difficult to finish top 4,  and to assemble a team to do that  - really - you do it every year.

Keep counting Stan's money boyo.     He doesn't need any help   with that , Ivan  just helps out with  the small change .

Do Arsenal need a goalscoring  forward ?    Do bears .... In the woods ?  

0 - 0  at the King Power  watched on B T  last night  Kos played well and settled Holding alongside , but the Gunners build up was so slow and laboured  , there is something missing from our game at the moment , the fast moving passing game is not there , with city , utd and Chelski , hitting the ground running  they are on catch up already , I know it's a marathon not a sprint but the season has just started  and the Gunners look jaded  already . Oh well on to the next match , there was one plus from the game last night no bloody Michael Owen ,  mind you Robbie Savage is like an excitable puppy .

27 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Do Arsenal need a goalscoring  forward ?    Do bears .... In the woods ?  

0 - 0  at the King Power  watched on B T  last night  Kos played well and settled Holding alongside , but the Gunners build up was so slow and laboured  , there is something missing from our game at the moment , the fast moving passing game is not there , with city , utd and Chelski , hitting the ground running  they are on catch up already , I know it's a marathon not a sprint but the season has just started  and the Gunners look jaded  already . Oh well on to the next match , there was one plus from the game last night no bloody Michael Owen ,  mind you Robbie Savage is like an excitable puppy .

Yes the Goons right back in the mix,with that great result.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

On 19/08/2016 at 08:13, Mangle said:

But for 19 years we have qualified for the Champs league  so Stan is on a bit of a roll , second yes the best for a while  and that was still adrift of the winners , who we beat home and away , and with only a goalkeeper signed in the summer , so isn't it a bit of a pattern ?   

Two games in. Arsenal looked ok to me at Leicester, especially when Ozil and Wilshere came on. Although Leicester should have had a penalty. I see Spurs are disappearing over the horizon again. Still, long way to go, and they will be pegged back, just like last year ***cough***bottled it on Tyneside***cough.

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Two games in. Arsenal looked ok to me at Leicester, especially when Ozil and Wilshere came on. Although Leicester should have had a penalty. I see Spurs are disappearing over the horizon again. Still, long way to go, and they will be pegged back, just like last year ***cough***bottled it on Tyneside***cough.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5 hours ago, Mangle said:

LUVVIN IT - COYS :yahoo:

Surprise our Japanese signing can't get a work permit so has been sent out on loan , we have been here before , don't get it? Why buy a player then can't play him , ? Wellington and Campbell both come to mind , and Campbell sent out on loan yet again  , if my memory is correct I don't think Wellington has played a game for the club .

14 hours ago, Mangle said:

Don't know much about Perez, so time will tell. Mustafi hardly a panic buy. Brings Arsenal's spending to over 100 million. Sad days. World has gone mad.

Certainly gone mad buddy, unbelievable sums of money being spent.

Just shows the amount of bucks football generates, fans will be priced out of the game in a few years.

We will all watch - and pay - to watch footy  on the telly.

On 31/08/2016 at 07:23, Mangle said:

Don't know much about Perez, so time will tell. Mustafi hardly a panic buy. Brings Arsenal's spending to over 100 million. Sad days. World has gone mad.

Agree about Perez ,.  Silent Stan won't be buying a new ranch this season , maybe a couple of horse's ? 

On 04/09/2016 at 18:43, Mangle said:

Who cares what he does with his money?

He is the Major share holder  he basically dictates  where  the clubs money is spent eg players  he took out over 3 million last year  for advisory services , his sports franchise in the USA. Make money but dont win much , any similarities with the Arsenal ?  Yes he can spend his money on what he wants which last year was half a billion dollars on a ranch , if he isn't interested in helping the club challenge for the top prizes sell up make way for someone who is actually a footballing person and a fan  of the Gunners . 

On 05/09/2016 at 22:06, Mangle said:

That is his perogative. Wenger has run Arsenal as a very successful business. Stan is a businessman. I admire the whole set up. Yes, I want Arsenal to win trophies, but I can't help admire the way Arsenal have been run. A huge success, in business terms.

Yup, same as me with COYS .... nearly bankrupt a few years ago....now run as a business.

Just wish we could win something - same as you Assenhole boys really.

Business ?  I thought The Arsenal were a football club ?     So why did they move to the Emirates ?  To generate income to compete with the likes of utd and Chelski at that time ,   highest ticket prices , waiting list for tickets , stadium near!y paid  , new shirt sponsors , more money from Television rights  ect , ect   yes great business model , but supporters gauge a clubs success on trophies   , yes two FA cups were great , but the club should be after the league  not just chasing a champs league place .

58 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Business ?  I thought The Arsenal were a football club ?     So why did they move to the Emirates ?  To generate income to compete with the likes of utd and Chelski at that time ,   highest ticket prices , waiting list for tickets , stadium near!y paid  , new shirt sponsors , more money from Television rights  ect , ect   yes great business model , but supporters gauge a clubs success on trophies   , yes two FA cups were great , but the club should be after the league  not just chasing a champs league place .

4th is the new first for you boys - LOL

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Completely agree, but fans don't run football clubs. Businessmen do. Football has changed.

12 hours ago, Mangle said:

Completely agree, but fans don't run football clubs. Businessmen do. Football has changed.

Agree with that Mangle  ,  there is a fine line between business like or ran as business ,  I am afraid until Silent Stan moves on  we will be looking on at the other clubs winning titles , hope I am wrong and that Arsene can win another title and retire just like Fergie did at the top , but I think we are stuck in groundhog day .

20 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

4th is the new first for you boys - LOL

Second last season ?

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Agree with that Mangle  ,  there is a fine line between business like or ran as business ,  I am afraid until Silent Stan moves on  we will be looking on at the other clubs winning titles , hope I am wrong and that Arsene can win another title and retire just like Fergie did at the top , but I think we are stuck in groundhog day .

Second last season ?

You know what I mean :c:

• 2 weeks later...

Football Tables

• Win
  •  
  • Draw
  •  
  • Loss
  •  

Premier League Table

Team Statistics Position Team P W D L F A GD Pts Last 10 gamesresults MatchStatus
  Last updated 3 hours ago
Man City team statistics No movement1 Man City 5 5 0 0 15 4 11 15
  1. Win
  2. Win
  3. Win
  4. Win
  5. Win
Reportof Man City's last match
Everton team statistics No movement2 Everton 5 4 1 0 10 3 7 13
  1. Draw
  2. Win
  3. Win
  4. Win
  5. Win
Reportof Everton's last match
Tottenham team statistics Moving up3 Tottenham 5 3 2 0 8 2 6 11
  1. Draw
  2. Win
  3. Draw
  4. Win
  5. Win
Reportof Tottenham's last match
Arsenal team statistics Moving down4 Arsenal 5 3 1 1 12 7 5 10
  1. Loss
  2. Draw
  3. Win
  4. Win
  5. Win

Hanging on in there 

:yahoo:

Perhaps Everton are the new Leicester ?   Arsenal win without an out and out striker ,  one p!us at the moment for Arsenal is Iwobi  he seems to play with no fear  and likes to attack  good away win , but city are playing with a swagger at the moment , utd have had a couple of damaging results recently , mind you Maureen hasn't cheered up since his days at Chelski , could Kane's injury upset the spuds plans for a tilt at the league ? who knows interesting start to the season  but lots to play for Chelski up next for Arsenal  could do with a win  but they are a bogey side for us .

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Football Tables

• Win
  •  
  • Draw
  •  
  • Loss
  •  

Premier League Table

Team Statistics Position Team P W D L F A GD Pts Last 10 gamesresults MatchStatus
  Last updated 3 hours ago
Man City team statistics No movement1 Man City 5 5 0 0 15 4 11 15
  1. Win
  2. Win
  3. Win
  4. Win
  5. Win
Reportof Man City's last match
Everton team statistics No movement2 Everton 5 4 1 0 10 3 7 13
  1. Draw
  2. Win
  3. Win
  4. Win
  5. Win
Reportof Everton's last match
Tottenham team statistics Moving up3 Tottenham 5 3 2 0 8 2 6 11
  1. Draw
  2. Win
  3. Draw
  4. Win
  5. Win
Reportof Tottenham's last match
Arsenal team statistics Moving down4 Arsenal 5 3 1 1 12 7 5 10
  1. Loss
  2. Draw
  3. Win
  4. Win
  5. Win

Hanging on in there 

:yahoo:

We will see in May  , depends if the Arsenal chef gets hold of your menu ha ha 

On 31/08/2016 at 07:23, Mangle said:

Mangle two goals tonight  haven't seen them yet  but second has been described as well taken on tinternet 

On 02/10/2016 at 20:22, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

WHOOPS !!!!!!!! A big fat 0 for losses -----COYS

#
Team
GP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
PTS

Nobody likes a smart Alec  

Perhaps you and cider Spud should start a new post 54 years a bridesmaid never the bride :yahoo:

17 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Nobody likes a smart Alec  

Perhaps you and cider Spud should start a new post 54 years a bridesmaid never the bride :yahoo:

I'll start it right now - right here :c: 1960 - 61 league table.....whoops - not even 4th that year :yahoo:

Pos Club P W D L F A GA Pts
1 Tottenham Hotspur 42 31 4 7 115 55 2.091 66
2 Sheffield Wednesday 42 23 12 7 78 47 1.660 58
3 Wolverhampton Wanderers 42 25 7 10 103 75 1.373 57
4 Burnley 42 22 7 13 102 77 1.325 51
5 Everton 42 22 6 14 87 69 1.261 50
6 Leicester City 42 18 9 15 87 70 1.243 45
7 Manchester United 42 18 9 15 88 76 1.158 45
8 Blackburn Rovers 42 15 13 14 77 76 1.013 43
9 Aston Villa 42 17 9 16 78 77 1.013 43
10 West Bromwich Albion 42 18 5 19 67 71 0.944 41
11 Arsenal 42 15 11 16 77 85 0.906 41

21 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'll start it right now - right here :c: 1960 - 61 league table.....whoops - not even 4th that year :yahoo:

Pos Club P W D L F A GA Pts
1 Tottenham Hotspur 42 31 4 7 115 55 2.091 66
2 Sheffield Wednesday 42 23 12 7 78 47 1.660 58
3 Wolverhampton Wanderers 42 25 7 10 103 75 1.373 57
4 Burnley 42 22 7 13 102 77 1.325 51
5 Everton 42 22 6 14 87 69 1.261 50
6 Leicester City 42 18 9 15 87 70 1.243 45
7 Manchester United 42 18 9 15 88 76 1.158 45
8 Blackburn Rovers 42 15 13 14 77 76 1.013 43
9 Aston Villa 42 17 9 16 78 77 1.013 43
10 West Bromwich Albion 42 18 5 19 67 71 0.944 41
11 Arsenal 42 15 11 16 77 85 0.906 41

:thumbsup:Sorry older can't remember that far back as I wasn't born that year , so hang on sorry I was wrong about being 54 years since spuds won a league tittle but 55 years oh my  gets better  and better .?

On 07/10/2016 at 18:01, stevieb said:

:thumbsup:Sorry older can't remember that far back as I wasn't born that year , so hang on sorry I was wrong about being 54 years since spuds won a league tittle but 55 years oh my  gets better  and better .?

I was there....blimey I am getting old (!)

6-ysFTiOYYkbtAg9lBnOAn3cGqaPNghPUPMP3yf8Kx7pJIXyoQwjLlRKqPji9y9vK5XWRA=s85

14 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I was there....blimey I am getting old (!)

6-ysFTiOYYkbtAg9lBnOAn3cGqaPNghPUPMP3yf8Kx7pJIXyoQwjLlRKqPji9y9vK5XWRA=s85

Older you are as old as you feel and when you stop feeling  you're  old :thumbsup:

On a serous note having met you your views on local football are spot on , only thing missing was your signature dish of fag ash and chips  still makes me chuckle know .