Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, we could do with buying a whole team, like Germany or something! Although I do I agree, what goes on in the transfer market is a mystery. The papers are full of shit, so I don't read them or believe them. So maybe Wenger was trying, but for reasons only known to those involved, nothing happened. The Arsenal team last year were 7 points off winning the league. We lost Sagna and Vermaelen, the later whom played a bit part. We have added Sanchez, Welbeck, Debouchy, Chambers. We will soon have Walcott back, who missed the last half of the season after only playing a little if the first half. I think we are in good shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Answer.YES Arsenal are spending money,on S££T.

They look good against average teams,but when they are up against a bit of quality. ITS POOR.

OZIL =£40 million +. Rumour is,they are looking to sell him. PANIC BUY.

SANCHEZ= £37 million.Hot and cold,got to be consistant.

WELBECK= £16 million.Rubbish,7th place United's 4th choice striker.

MILLIONS WASTED.

Bit harsh, but what you'd expect perhaps. Average teams? Could have beaten Man City on Saturday, but got a draw in the end. Are they an average team? If yes, I guess we have only faced 1 x "quality" team all season so far, and that was last night. As has been said already on here, a defender would have been a good thing to buy, or at least a strong defensive midfielder. However, with the players Arsenal have, I think it was very disappointing to hear about the way they lost last night. Could have and should have been a higher score line that 2-0 by all accounts. So not good enough. Whilst I agree that Ozil is not in good form, I don't think you can call it a panic buy. And Sanchez has yet to show his full potential. Welbeck is good I reckon, quite pleased with him. I did watch the Liverpool game last night - best team lost - and Balotteli, I am glad Arsenal did not spend £16M on him. I do not think he is worth it.

Bit harsh, but what you'd expect perhaps. Average teams? Could have beaten Man City on Saturday, but got a draw in the end. Are they an average team? If yes, I guess we have only faced 1 x "quality" team all season so far, and that was last night. As has been said already on here, a defender would have been a good thing to buy, or at least a strong defensive midfielder. However, with the players Arsenal have, I think it was very disappointing to hear about the way they lost last night. Could have and should have been a higher score line that 2-0 by all accounts. So not good enough. Whilst I agree that Ozil is not in good form, I don't think you can call it a panic buy. And Sanchez has yet to show his full potential. Welbeck is good I reckon, quite pleased with him. I did watch the Liverpool game last night - best team lost - and Balotteli, I am glad Arsenal did not spend £16M on him. I do not think he is worth it.

An Arsenal opinion.
Facts are you were lucky to beat Palace,2nd best at Leicester,fluked a draw at Everton,and drew at home to Man City.
That is not Premiership winning form,from a side that promised to challenge for the Title.
Struggled to overcome Besiktas in the Qualifying Rd,and last night were played off the park by[according to the commentator ]a weakened Dortmund side.
Concentrate on one of the English Cups.
That is your only chance of silverwear.

Humble pie now after Spurs draw as well, the highlights.....one shot each !!!! and about 30 seconds on the tv.

No humble pie,here.Spurs drew in a very hostile and difficult enviroment.
Remember the last time England U21's were over there.
We left several coloured players home in fear of what might happen.
Plus the pitch was horrendous,but our 2nd team held there own and got a good point.
Already there has been an Official complaint to UEFA by THFC for racist chanting and abusive banners.
Arsenal,just got played off park,on a excellent surface.

Outplayed in Dortmund , the gunners get to the group stages every season and we may still get out of the group fingers crossed , but the squad is short on defensive cover and a central midfielder who can protect the back four , ever fan knows this , slow start from the gunners this season but hopefully just a blip , we are a good side but not quite at the top level , just yet , perhaps more to come but we have never won the champs league( euro cup) , only two euro trophies to our history the old fairs cup and a cup winners cup , not as good as the euro elite teams , but most gunners fans are realistic on what we achieve ( or not) in Europe each season, I am afraid to say it is more about earning money from the cash cow , I am not being negative about the side I have followed since the seventies just being realistic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not happy that we drew against Spurs, but I think I was a fair result. For all the possession Arsenal had, did they threaten. No. Chadli getting booked for putting his hand against his ear for scoring. Joke. What is it, don't celebrate now because you might start a riot. Absofuckinglutely stupid. And harsh on Rose getting booked too. He was on the far touchline, was substituted, yes, he took his time, but the ref could have just added it on. In the week against Southampton, when the Gunners lost at home to them for the first time since 1985, same thing happened, but rather than the Southampton player going off the far touchline, we walked across the pitch, slowly. Not even a hurry up from the ref let alone a yellow card.

Arsenal have quality all over the pitch, but seem to have no idea what to do to break a team down on the edge of their box. I love the fact that Arsenal had 14 or 15 corners, but failed to remotely look like scoring from any one of them. I am actually already wondering if they will be able to mount a comfortable challenge to stay in the top 4 this season. They have to up their game. I was quite hopeful in pre-season. The squad that finished 7 points off top spot last season lost Sagna and Vermaelen. We got Debouchy, Chambers, Sanchez, Welbeck. Surely that is a stronger team. Don't look like it right now.

Thank god Erikson went off, best player on the pitch.

I am happy with the Welbeck signing. He is a decent striker, good attitude, experienced and young. Putting that kind of player into the Arsenal team will, I think, get the best out of him.

perhaps after welbecks hatrick in mid week will hopefully give him the chance to push on at arsenal and maybe score a couple against chelskie

Well, Cahill should have been sent off. Then Koschelny should have gone. Wellbeck too. What was the referee thinking? Never a penalty against Fabregas. Not intentional hand ball. You tell me where his arms should have been positioned when trying to direct his body in front of Wilshere's shot? They were naturally where they would have been, and the ball struck his arm. No penalty. Arsenal with more possession, but less penetration, which is what it's all about. Funny how the second Chelsea goal is being applauded, great run and great pass etc etc, which it was, but if West Ham had scored that, long-ball - one directional - no skill football, different story. Isn't football funny, exhilarating, frustrating, great and crap all at the same time.

The thread says ,should Arsene spend.

£40m on Ozil. Non exsistant.

£37m on Sanchez Didnt like the physical Chelsea approach.

£19m on Chambers. 6 bookings in 12 games.Liability.

£16m on Welbeck.One awful tackle,and that was his only contribution.

Over £100m spent.

Are you any farther,forward.

Dont look like it to me.

Chambers will be a good player 6 bookings yes but he is not the finished article, ozil not quite pulling up trees , and I thought this season he would show his true worth , Wellbeck still not sure if he is the player we need , Sanchez is a class player and will take time to adjust to the prem league , yes money spent but and it's a big but we have only lost one game out of seven in the league and are not firing yet on all cylinders , the money spent is what the club has earned , big money yes but look at all the so called elite prem teams they have all spent big ,arsenal are on catch up after moving to the emirates and having a limited budget most gooners would be disappointed with our slow start , but let's see as the season pans out what happens , lots of games to play and apart from chelskie there is not many points between the chasing pack , yes gutted we can't beat Chelsea and it seems to be the problem has carried over from last season against the top teams , but who knows where we will end up ,

Well SSS, not a very balanced view on things. Always difficult to debate rationally when dealing with you Spurs supporters. I think Arsenal have progressed, but others may have progressed even more. Arsenal went through some lean years, but that was the new stadium. It was self financed, not a golden handshake from a gazillionaire. Now they are reaping some rewards, with the recent purchases of top world class players. However, you rightly say that Ozil was non existent. The game against Chelsea was poor from him. We do expect more, and he seems to be struggling to impose himself regularly. He is such a skilful player, very clever, but physically, could do better. Disappointing, but I am still glad we have him. Sanchez didn't like the physical approach? WTF. Do you think Cahill should have received a yellow or red card for the challenge on him? Go on then, simple answer..... And if you do say yellow, then please explain why it should not have been red, which I believe every pundit, Arsenal and Chelsea supporter think it should have been. He was also chopped down 4 days earlier against the Turks. I am not so sure he doesn't like the physical side of the game, it's the potential leg-breaking challenges that he probably doesn't like. And he should receive the correct protection from the ref. Chambers, good buy. A liability? Rubbish, top young player, and one that will fit into the Arsenal squad well. Yes, he chased down Oscar and they both fell over. Foul agreed, yellow, I am not sure. He has been unlucky. Welbeck, oh I see you saw his challenge. Yes, should have been sent off. In my opinion, should still be sent off, with the video evidence. But, £16 million for him as opposed to £16 million on Balotelli, I think Arsenal got the good deal.

Well SSS, not a very balanced view on things. Always difficult to debate rationally when dealing with you Spurs supporters. I think Arsenal have progressed, but others may have progressed even more. Arsenal went through some lean years, but that was the new stadium. It was self financed, not a golden handshake from a gazillionaire. Now they are reaping some rewards, with the recent purchases of top world class players. However, you rightly say that Ozil was non existent. The game against Chelsea was poor from him. We do expect more, and he seems to be struggling to impose himself regularly. He is such a skilful player, very clever, but physically, could do better. Disappointing, but I am still glad we have him. Sanchez didn't like the physical approach? WTF. Do you think Cahill should have received a yellow or red card for the challenge on him? Go on then, simple answer..... And if you do say yellow, then please explain why it should not have been red, which I believe every pundit, Arsenal and Chelsea supporter think it should have been. He was also chopped down 4 days earlier against the Turks. I am not so sure he doesn't like the physical side of the game, it's the potential leg-breaking challenges that he probably doesn't like. And he should receive the correct protection from the ref. Chambers, good buy. A liability? Rubbish, top young player, and one that will fit into the Arsenal squad well. Yes, he chased down Oscar and they both fell over. Foul agreed, yellow, I am not sure. He has been unlucky. Welbeck, oh I see you saw his challenge. Yes, should have been sent off. In my opinion, should still be sent off, with the video evidence. But, £16 million for him as opposed to £16 million on Balotelli, I think Arsenal got the good deal.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Still wearing those Red specs.LOL.

Yep. I am more confident than ever this season Arsenal will finish above Spurs. I have been feeling the last couple of seasons you could finally get ahead. But this season, I think the gap is bigger, in The Gunners favour. However, I was hoping for a bit more, like a serious challenge for the title. Still very early days, and Chelsea have not had an injury crisis to deal with yet, but they are looking like the best team by a distance at this stage. Sadly.

And you couldn't answer a simple question.......I wonder why......

Yep. I am more confident than ever this season Arsenal will finish above Spurs. I have been feeling the last couple of seasons you could finally get ahead. But this season, I think the gap is bigger, in The Gunners favour. However, I was hoping for a bit more, like a serious challenge for the title. Still very early days, and Chelsea have not had an injury crisis to deal with yet, but they are looking like the best team by a distance at this stage. Sadly.

And you couldn't answer a simple question.......I wonder why......

I didnt reply,because you would know the answer.lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well an away win for the gunners ,still not firing on all cylinders yet , but Sanchez nets again , the defence is still short and the midfield needs some bite but still early in the season , watched the west ham game and I thought song was outstanding in the midfield ,I know this is an arsenal post , it chokes me to say it but what a crackin goal for llemella on Thursday , surprised though today that Kane is not in the starting eleven after his hat-trick in the same game

Sanchez , as a gunners fan so far this bloke has hit the floor running , three points sat two wins on the bounce , and theo back getting there slowly but we need to get back to beating the top teams ( city , Chelsea , pool utd ) to have any chance of putting in a title challenge in the future ,

Arsenal can't seem to hang on to a lead , reading some arsenal sites there is a growing concern about arsene ability to motivate the players and his stubborness to change , there is a growing feeling that he should have retired after the fa cup , and gone out on a high , and his reputation as arsenal greatest manager intact , personally I think he needs to buy in January defensive cover and a beast of a midfielder to protect the back four , if he doesn't for what ever reason the fans will get more vocal for him and the board to step down

Although its been a rough year thus far and I agree with your assessment of signings needed but some leniency should be granted due to the rash of injuries. At one time, the top injured 11 had as much talent as the 11 playing. That and the massive success of Alexis, I think he'll be fine. They should hopefully get in the top 4 and come back healthy next year to make a better run.

Although its been a rough year thus far and I agree with your assessment of signings needed but some leniency should be granted due to the rash of injuries. At one time, the top injured 11 had as much talent as the 11 playing. That and the massive success of Alexis, I think he'll be fine. They should hopefully get in the top 4 and come back healthy next year to make a better run.

i agree with you about injuries but we sold vermalen, and Miguel. And loaned jenkinson to west ham , and did not get in like for like , so we were left short at the back , the injuries are an on going problem but we had a new fitness coach appointed in the summer which was signed to stop some of these , if Ramsey is off his game and Wiltshire is struggling why not bring in rosisky as he has signed a new contract recently , and when he plays the teams tempo picks up , pluses have been Alexis , and chambers , debouchy before he was injured still not sure on Wellbeck , as a club we have stood still for a number of seasons , we all know about the restraints due to the emirates , commercially we have grown and according to reports we pay as much on wages as any prem league team , but the fans pay the highest ticket prices and a waiting list for season tickets , but they want their team to compete at the highest level , with the elite of Europe , I think they deserve that from the club

I agree, I guess I'm just hopeful January brings us good things. A solid back line signing and getting more back from injury. I think the back line can be solved easier but is the more immediate need. My biggest overall concern since RVP left is finishing in the final third. Lots of talent on the field (and bench) to knock it around but nobody to finish it off. Giroud is ok, Wellbeck is ok, but I'd like to see a prolific goal scorer at some point. If not for Alexis, it would be very ugly I'm afraid. 

I agree, I guess I'm just hopeful January brings us good things. A solid back line signing and getting more back from injury. I think the back line can be solved easier but is the more immediate need. My biggest overall concern since RVP left is finishing in the final third. Lots of talent on the field (and bench) to knock it around but nobody to finish it off. Giroud is ok, Wellbeck is ok, but I'd like to see a prolific goal scorer at some point. If not for Alexis, it would be very ugly I'm afraid.

very good points I think a lot of gooners think the same , hope we can start winning games , I think it will be another hard frustrating season for the gunners

I'm beginning to think they will never get better.
Need a new manager and team methinks, still waiting for the sixties to return. Glad I can still remember them.....WOAH!!!! the men in white coats just turned up to take me back to the home.....cheeky bugger :thumbsup:

older north London's best are not up to much so far , perhaps both will change managers end of season