Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

have to agre with mangle on his post ,but as i have previously posted we did need another striker and may have missed a chance this window  another holding / defensive midfielder  and cover at centre back   ,after the loss to villa we have settled into a bit of form  and i am pleased, wilshire is still not up to speed  but ramsey is looking good ozil is class and will give the tream a new centre for the attacks also arteta to come back diaby [if he can keep fit] the ox still is not the finished product  so plenty to come  but we did need cover for giroud , he was slated last season by fans and pundits but imo he was a real bargain and has settled well at the emirates , the plus with ozils signing is other players have sat up and are thinking perhaps we should consider moving to the emirates still early days  but hopefully we can sustain a better run this season in the league  and maybe push for a win in one of the domestic cups

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only answering your question about squad depth! Nice to see that Arsenals weaker squad beat Spurs better squad a couple of weeks back.

Yes,you beat Spurs in your Cup Final.

Meanwhile the dust continue to settle in your trophy cabinet.

well makes a change as for many years  it has been your cup final   yes the dust settles in our trophy cabinet  but at least we have managed to put the prem league in it  ...  when was spurs last league title?  60-61  billy nichs great team   the gunners have struggled to with compete with the likes of utd city chelskie lately  but the stadium has been the rope around the clubs neck  but nearing being paid for ,so soon the spurs will have the same problem if they can find a new site  to build on  and we will then see if you can stay in touch with the top teams in the epl over to you sss

No, of course not. Spurs appear to have bought well. Not much info on their players, not seen much, but I think Paulinho (if that's how you spell it), Soldado and Eriksen look good solid players. But long way to go to see how they settle in. But still, strength in depth, how "deep" is their squad? You appear to be concerned that Arsenal are sparcely covered in some areas, which I have tried to counter argue. Where is Spurs strength in their superior squad if they get 5 or 6 first team squad players out?

I was only answering your question about squad depth! Nice to see that Arsenals weaker squad beat Spurs better squad a couple of weeks back.

So, does that mean Villa has a better squad than you??

we caught a cold on the first day and paid for some woeful defending and missing chances but villa on their day with benteke and wieman can can beat any side in the prem league ,early days in the league but hopefully lots more twists and turns  before the eventual winners pick up the trophy , roy as you know the prem title is a marathon not a sprint , as spuds fans have never been part of

arsene spent well with ozil  a really buzz around the fans  its a good feeling when your club is being mentioned for the football by pundits in the media  rather than being panned for the lack of investment , but the main reason for our start to the season is aarron ramsey after all the downs he has suffered in his career he has been  outstanding  and he has outshone jack ,which is good as to much expectation has been placed on his shoulders as Englands and Arsenals next great hope , so a good start to the season but it still has a very long way to go no medals given out in september but hopefully the gunners could be in the mix at the end of season and maybe bring in a  striker in january  

Ramsey, struggle to keep his place. You were worried about Arsenals strength in depth recently, now you think one of the best midfielders in the country right now will struggle to hold on to his place when our injured midfielders recover from injuries????
Ten straight wins since the loss to Aston Villa. Nice going Gunners.

very good win tonight ozil in the 1st half was pulling the strings  ,he is looking good but we have not seen the best of him yet  arsene spent well on this signing  good start to the season for us gooners but a long season ahead in all comps  ,the only problem we might have is cover for giroud but maybe we can put that right in january.

Ramsey, struggle to keep his place. You were worried about Arsenals strength in depth recently, now you think one of the best midfielders in the country right now will struggle to hold on to his place when our injured midfielders recover from injuries????

Still wont win the league or Champions league

Still wont win the league or Champions league

It's a bold statement, that, Rob. But of course, the odds are stacked in your favour. Only 1 team can win each competition, and for the first time in a few years, there are realistically several teams capable. So a fairly "safe bet" that Arsenal will not win blah blah blah.  Just as easy for me to say "Spurs won't win", neither will "ManU" etc etc. Much more decent of you would be the point out who will. Stick your neck on the line. I honestly don't know. I would have put my selection down on the other thread by now, but I do not really have an idea. I believe that ManU, ManC, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all have claims that they can push for the title this year (PL). At this early stage, Arsenal have really only beaten teams that they should have, also losing to Villa, and have only played Spurs out of my selected possible winners. ManU by contrast have already played 3 of those teams. So the 8 point gap, or whatever it is, can quickly disappear when the fixtures catch up.

By the way, you ignored my earlier question. After your concern that Arsenal do not have strength in depth, and Spurs do, please explain what happens when 5 of their first teamers get injured. How would Spurs shape up? I have tried to counter your points when you make them, but you have not.

Spurs to win the premier - I'll stick my neck out.

i can't say "no they won't" as they do have a chance. Of the 7 teams I named above, I do not think Spurs are my favourites, but that may be my heart talking, not my head. Why not, they do have a good squad. If I put my neck on the line, I think I have to say Chelsea.

I have stuck my neck out on the other thread, if you finish higher than chelsea you will win the league.Cant see united finshing higher than 3rd. Do you honestly think that ramsey is better than arteta, carzola, wilshere and ozil to a certain extent. You tell me how he plays before most of these when they are fully fit.
Look at spurs bench compared to arsenals, do you think they compare equally?? Liverpool, wont do much, squad is thread bare.
As i previously stated.......
1. Chelsea
2.Shitty
3. Take your pick
;)

Spurs to win the premier - I'll stick my neck out.

i can't say "no they won't" as they do have a chance. Of the 7 teams I named above, I do not think Spurs are my favourites, but that may be my heart talking, not my head. Why not, they do have a good squad. If I put my neck on the line, I think I have to say Chelsea.

Spurs have a punchers chance, beat anybody on the day, but, with Spurs there always is a BUT !!!!! We'll see.

I have stuck my neck out on the other thread, if you finish higher than chelsea you will win the league.Cant see united finshing higher than 3rd. Do you honestly think that ramsey is better than arteta, carzola, wilshere and ozil to a certain extent. You tell me how he plays before most of these when they are fully fit.
Look at spurs bench compared to arsenals, do you think they compare equally?? Liverpool, wont do much, squad is thread bare.
1. Chelsea
2.Shitty
3. Take your pick
;)

ramsey not as good as ozil ,carzola is a different type of player as he more attacking from the wings  arteta and jack at present  ramsey is preforming better and scoring which takes the pressure off both as they get their fitness back  so great competition for midfield places and flamini is in the holding role ,and still theo , podolski and alex  to return from injuries so a good mix of players to compete for places which we will need to hopefully compete this season and maybe win a trophy  fingers crossed , ramsey has taken a lot of stick but after the bad leg break he deserves his time in the limelight at arsenal and he seems to be enjoying his game which is good for the club , and as well vermallen cant get in the starting line up so another good player  who has to bide his time  so we seem to have a squad at present but as all gooners know and i have previously stated the prem league is a marathon and even though utd have had a slow start they always have a good run in the new year and spurs have bought well  so loads of twists and turns this season and could be the closest race for seasons

1. Chelsea
2.Shitty
3. Take your pick
;)

Fair point - I missed that. I guess we agree on that, Chelsea up the top. Boooo. Hope we're wrong. Also agree that ManC "should" the there or thereabouts! The squad they have is very good, surely they can push for the title. Also feel that ManU will be high up. All the people questioning them at the moment, like they have turned into a crap team overnight. No they haven't. Sure they lost the top man, and the "dynamic" in the dressing room/team has changed, but they will still be up there.

Looking at the Spurs bench - I don't know how strong it is, I don't know half the players, so I am sticking to the Arsenal having a stronger squad! I think it is an important time of the season right now for Arsenal, even this early. They play away at West Brom next, then home to Norwich, then away at Palace. The way they are playing, confidence etc, could mean 3 wins, and then they play Liverpool at home. The momentum by then could be crucial in getting a result against the scousers, followed by the visit to ManU the week after. We will see.

Great result away from home against an in-form Baggies team. Didn't watch, listened to 5Live commentary. Sounded like a cracking second half, both teams could have made worthy winners, but a point each probably about right. At least that is another away game out the way. Hopefully our squad will have some numbers back after the international break. Still top of the league :)

Great result away from home against an in-form Baggies team. Didn't watch, listened to 5Live commentary. Sounded like a cracking second half, both teams could have made worthy winners, but a point each probably about right. At least that is another away game out the way. Hopefully our squad will have some numbers back after the international break. Still top of the league :)

Bloody deflection gave you the point.

oh a deflection ? i did not know we signed him must have been a free then ha ha ........... so arsene has spent well

oh a deflection ? i did not know we signed him must have been a free then ha ha ........... so arsene has spent well

You cant buy luck like that

You cant buy luck like that

sometimes you have the luck at at other times it goes against you  .... rob as you as a utd supporter  knows over the years , when you are playing well as the saying goes you make your luck but when you are struggling  lady luck seems to desert you,  my god i am getting deep in my old age ha ha

the media has gone into overdrive with who Arsene may sign next in January  all of a sudden the gunners are linked with everyone big names and names we have not heard of and with him not now worrying about spending big  hopefully [ fingers crossed] we may get back to challenging for the major trophies over the season ,would make a nice change but in the epl anyone can beat anyone and you need a little luck as well as skill  to win a cup , intresting times for gooners and maybe the long wait could be over , i hope so but plenty of games to come over the coming months

we gooners have not had a lot to cheer us up over the last few seasons but we are optimistic that maybe we may be able to compete with the likes of utd  city ,chelsea and as it sticks in the throat spurs for the major cups ,we have had a lot of crap thrown at us at at last we have all found out that moving from highbury has cost the club lots of money and players being sold to balance the books so there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel and with the emirates nearing being paid off, the money can be invested into the team , yes we are top for now but all gooners would swap that for top at the end of may , a long season ahead and perhaps we may be in the race at the end , us gunners know there are no medals for being top now but other supporters are taking the gunners seriously for the first time for ages which can only be good for football in england

• 2 weeks later...

well the gunners dragged themselves over the line watched 1st half on bt sport and was well impressed with the way palace played they closed down spaces and and broke out at pace not ozils best game for the gunners but 3 points will do shame flamini had to go off he has played well this season and breaks the play up ramsey was also quiet in the 1st half but that is credit to the way palace set their stall out  Liverpool and Man U coming up in the league so we will have to be at our best to get points from these teams so perhaps we will have more idea if we are in with a chance of trophies this season , 

Oh Dear Arsenal. Simply not good enough tonight versus a dangerous Chelsea side. Although Arsenal shaded possession over the 90 minutes, and looked comfortable with the ball, they failed to look dangerous, failed to breakdown Chelsea's back line, and did not look too good without the ball. Of course, there are several injuries in the Arsenal squad, but no excuses, lost far-and-square to a better team.

I guess many people will be pushing the panic button now, pointing out how crap Arsenal are, how they have not played against any decent teams this season yet, and so on. However, anyone with any sense will see that Arsenal are still steady, it was a very tight game tonight with hardly any chances for either team. They are still going to get positive results, and have a great chance to get 3 points against Liverpool on Saturday to show that they are serious challengers this season.

We shall see - still very early days of the season as yet, but one less trophy to aim for!!

Oh Dear Arsenal. Simply not good enough tonight versus a dangerous Chelsea side. Although Arsenal shaded possession over the 90 minutes, and looked comfortable with the ball, they failed to look dangerous, failed to breakdown Chelsea's back line, and did not look too good without the ball. Of course, there are several injuries in the Arsenal squad, but no excuses, lost far-and-square to a better team.

I guess many people will be pushing the panic button now, pointing out how crap Arsenal are, how they have not played against any decent teams this season yet, and so on. However, anyone with any sense will see that Arsenal are still steady, it was a very tight game tonight with hardly any chances for either team. They are still going to get positive results, and have a great chance to get 3 points against Liverpool on Saturday to show that they are serious challengers this season.

We shall see - still very early days of the season as yet, but one less trophy to aim for!!

Do you think that your lack of depth in the squad was a factor?

Without doubt, Arsenals squad still lack depth. However there aren't many ( No scrub that there aren't any ) English clubs with a squad as good as Chelseas

Arsenal are improving but lack top players in key areas.

Unfortunately Monsieur Wenger still has his blind spots. Jenkinson shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the first team, Bentdner is an embarrassment to himself and his club, and Wilshire needs a rest badly !

Top four again for me this year - But no trophies

Without doubt, Arsenals squad still lack depth. However there aren't many ( No scrub that there aren't any ) English clubs with a squad as good as Chelseas

Arsenal are improving but lack top players in key areas.

Unfortunately Monsieur Wenger still has his blind spots. Jenkinson shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the first team, Bentdner is an embarrassment to himself and his club, and Wilshire needs a rest badly !

Top four again for me this year - But no trophies

Very honest, refreshing! Even the players that were injured i dont think it would of made much difference last night. Chelsea are very strong and will take some stopping!