Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League matches & results - Saturday 18/5/13

Post results, match details and reports below please

Premier Division
Carharrack 3 - 5 St Buryan Premier
Falmouth Albion 2 - 1 Gulval Premier
Redruth United H - W Constantine Premier Home WalkoverSt Keverne 2 - 0 Mousehole Reserves

Division One
Camborne School of Mines 0 - 2 Perranporth Reserves
Praze-an-Beeble 4 - 4 Sennen
Stithians 5 - 2 Lizard Argyle

Division Two
Halsetown Reserves 2 - 1 Storm
Mullion Reserves 5 - 2 Trispen
Titans 3 - 1 RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Division Three
Pendeen Rovers Reserves 3 - 2 Holman SC Reserves
Porthleven Rangers 2 - 2 Mawnan Reserves
Wendron United 3rds 1 - 3 St Buryan Reserves

Division Four
Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves 6 - 4 Lizard Argyle Reserves
Hayle 4ths 5 - 1 Newquay 3rds
Madron Reserves 0 - 3 Wendron United 4ths

Division Five
Helston Athletic 3rds 13 - 0 Penwith Exiles
Ludgvan Reserves 1 - 1 Gwinear Churchtown Reserves
Marazion Blues Reserves 7 - 3 Mabe
Trevenson United Reserves 5 - 4 Stithians Reserves
Troon 3rds A - W St Erme

Seems to be loads of games being forfeited and points awarded to opposition lately. We had Troon 3rds away today who have got 61 players signed on Trelawny forms and only their combo team were playing! I'm stuck on 58 goals and my season is over now! Gutted!! Could have done with a couple more with Matty Thomas banging in four today for Marazion!!! We couldn't raise a team the other night at Gwinear but we're old with a small squad. Not having a go at Troon by the way but I would consider them as a big up and coming club with great facilities. Is it there are two many teams or just not enough committed players anymore? Never remember it being this bad over the years? I know this time of year cricket comes into it and to be fair we've had an horrendous winter but when I was a youngster many moons ago I would have played every night if I could!!! I'm blaming modern technology myself! On the plus side I had a lovely 6 quid fry up in Lillies at St.Austell this morning!!! Reckon Smokey Joes got a bit of competition there. :-)

i have witnessed a great game of football today with two very young teams hayle 4th v newquay div 4 a credit to both clubs and their coaching staff some great goals and some lovely pass and move football from both teams .well done guys from both clubs the way football should be played both clubs should be really proud and i counted around about 70 in the ground at half time that was without the st agnes players waiting for the combo game afterwords a great afternoon lovely weather the pitch was fantastic well done to greg again ,newquay and hayle futures look rosy if the lads can stay at both clubs, the hayle support around me today really enjoyed the game and we were impressed with both teams ,what an end to a season thanks lads

Will do Daz! Be nice to catch up with Kimmo sometime! Expect he knows better than most mate!! Time for you to get the clubs out no doubt!

Also just like to reiterate what Stevie just said, Gregs deserves a mention for the surface he produces season after season. Brilliant work mate!!!

Well Done Perranporth. Great Result for us just need a couple more like that please....

Wed night.... CSOM v St Day Res & Stithians v Helston, title deciders I think!!!!

praze got a draw with sennen which means we cannot catch them...bugger..we`ll still try to beat lizard next sat.The lads played so well today against a very tired csom side who none the less had quality all over the pitch.Good luck to csom for the rest of the campaign they are one cracking side

Div 5

Ludgvan 1 - 1 Gwinear

This was a cracking game of football which wouldn't have been out of place several leagues above Div 5.

The game was played at Rosudgeon as our pitch wasn't available & a special mention should go to the groundsman who did a great job in ensuring we had a great surface to play on.

The big decision before the game was whether to play "in form" striker Ross Waite after scoring 3 in the last 2 however he was dumped rather unceremoniously to the bench and replaced by returning striker Andy Weir.

Gwinear needed to win to guarantee the league title and were obviously well up for it. We started well, passing the ball around nicely and created chances but couldn't convert. Gwinear came back strongly and had the better of the last 15 minutes of the first half however neither team was able to break the deadlock and we went in 0-0 at half time.

Neither team were going to give up and the second half turned into a great contest with both teams having opportunities to take the lead. After about 15 mins our keeper scuffed a goal kick that landed at the feet of a Gwinear player 25-30 yards from goal. He still had a lot of work to do but dropped his shoulder, cut inside and shot inside the far post for Gwinear to lead 1-0.

We continued with our passing game and were rewarded 15 minutes later when Andy Weir unleashed a strike with his right foot that sailed into the top corner.

1-1 with 15 minutes to go and Gwinear threw everything at us. A late appeal for a penalty was dismissed by the ref when one of our players charged down a shot. Gwinear players appealed for hand ball and to be fair I've seen those given but the ref waved play on.

The final whistle then went with both teams coming away with a point a piece. A fair result although obviously not the result that Gwinear were hoping for.

One of the best games of football we've had all season and a good advert for Div 5 football !

Will do Daz! Be nice to catch up with Kimmo sometime! Expect he knows better than most mate!! Time for you to get the clubs out no doubt!

Also just like to reiterate what Stevie just said, Gregs deserves a mention for the surface he produces season after season. Brilliant work mate!!!

thanks rappo greg said today over 70 games played on the main pitch this year and two today and as soon as the final whistle went he was staaight on there with the tractor the pitches we have are down to his hard work all year round he even had a holiday this yer and was away for a few wekks so rennos dad stepped in and keep up the good work so we as a club are very lucky to have peple like this behind the scenes

Titans 3-1 Culdrose

Good performance from the airman a day after their last game against the Lge champions. 1st half goalless as we rode out luck at times although had a couple of chances ourselves. 2nd half Titans went 1 up after 10 mins quickly followed by a 2nd. We came into the game with Darren Agnew continuing his good form running from the halfway line to round the keeper. Had a couple of decent chances to equalise before a titans made the game safe with 10 to go. Good game by Crash in goal for the airman who frustrated Titans and although they had plenty of efforts we could have taken a draw with a bit of composure. Congrats to Titans on going unbeaten in a decent standard Lge, and Dave I did play, where was you!!

Hi matey heard we could of scored a few but well done matey. In Germany watching the boy play footy bud. Missed this one safe in the knowledge that graham and Simon would see us in to no. 30 unbeaten. Proud of all our lads this season any team to go unbeaten in their perspective league is quality. Well done fellas. :) back Tuesday for two recovery days and then the wheels on the bus will go round and round to torquay? Get in . :)

Perspective Marksy!!! Respective I reckon you mean mate!? Get off those German beers bud!! Although you are an hour ahead so it's nearly closing time!! Hope Spud is banging in a few over there, regards to all you fine gents enjoying the boys footie, I wanna go next year, which stadium tour has Les set up this time mate? Congrats on a great season bud x

Pendeen 3-2 Holman Sports Club

Att 25

My Sat Nav must of been on the blink today as we turned up in some alternative reality as their was no foghorn, rain, sea mist or horizontal wet stuff falling from the skies and was met with a beautiful sea view and sunny blue sky.....clearly we had got lost or were in some parallel universe!!!

The boys had recovered from last weeks drinking session although a few scrapes and bruises were still visible and due to travelling through about 3 time zones to get to the ground had about 5 min warm up (5min too long in my book) before we kicked off!. To say we started slowly is like saying the amazing beach running of Pamela Anderson in a red bikini in one of those super slo mo Baywatch moments looked like the 100m final at te London Olympics.

Pendeen tore us apart to begin with going down the slope (small mountain) and within 20min were 3-0 up........the words spanking and hiding were springing to mind but luckily after a bit of re-organisation following jollys 20th min injury which sadly didn't break his famous 12 min record of asking to go off because he was blowing out his hoop at Threemilestone 5 years ago we looked a bit more solid and kept the scoreline to 3 at half time

With the sun shining and the wind at our backs we gave it a good go and got 2 goals back in the first 15 min. Could a great comeback be on the cards....sadly no! Pendeen made a couple of changes bolstered the midfield and we couldn't find a way through

Ft 3-2

Best of luck to Pendeen club a very nice bunch of people down there who have always made Holmans very welcome when we have visited and I have to say good luck in the future to Andre the 1st team manager who I was lucky to have a pint with after the game (he bought...twice!) who's retiring this year and I'm sure will be a massive loss for them

Speaking of massive thank yous and retirements Paul Jones our 2nd team manager has stepped down today after his last game in charge and whilst we would have liked to finish on a win for him I would like to say a great big thank you from everyone at Holmans for all his hard work over the last 4 years and ensuring 2 sides still operated out of Blaythorne....thank you Paul :)

Div 5

Marazion Res 7-3 Mabe

With our keeper Eric stuck at work we had the difficult job of finding a replacement.....with the majority of our players under 5'6" and me being a massive 5'10" I was given the gloves. The first half was a very even affair with both sides trying to play as it should be played, on the floor and to feet. Mabe had the first real chance when their striker got goal side of Danny Taylor but as I dived at his feet his shot hit me and flew over the bar. More luck than judgement on my part. We scored midway through the first half with a typical counter attack. Having intercepted a Mabe throw Jason O'Sullivan flicked the ball to Matty Thomas who played the ball over the top of the Mabe back line. Craig Rennard out paced the defence, rounded the keeper and slotted into the empty net. We had a few other chances and also hit the post but came in at half time 1-0 up.

Second half was completely different, a complete goal fest. Soon after the restart Matty scored our second and then got his brace a few minutes later. 3-0 up we were looking comfortable and playing good football. Mabe though were also having plenty of possession and looked dangerous on the counter. Just when I was dreaming of a clean sheet, their forward hit a shot from a tight angle right into the top corner. I doubt he has ever hit a cleaner strike and even if I had Petr Cech and David De Gea next to me we wouldn't have got near it. Thankfully within minutes Craig had restored our 3 goal advantage. He then completed his hat-trick putting us in control. Not to be out done, Matty got his third, keeping the pressure on Rappo at the top of the scoring charts. Mabe were then awarded a penalty when Adam Caul tangled with a Mabe striker in the box. I couldn't see much in it myself but the ref was well placed and was adament it was a foul. Their player sent me the wrong way and made it 6-2. Matty then scored his fourth by lobbing the keeper and then running past him and scoring into the open net. Mabe wrapped up the scoring when a shot deflected off Stevie Hunt and flew into the top corner.

3 hard fought points won and to be fair to Mabe they didn't deserve this score line. They just met us on a day when our strikers were clinical and our defence were solid. Mabe were a lot better today than when we played them early in the season and with this team I think they will do well next season.

The game was played in good spirits and even my missus commented on what a good game it was....!!!! What she was doing out of the kitchen, I dont know....!!!

For us a final game against Newquay next Saturday. Hopefully Mabe can do us a favour against Camborne park on Monday.

Adam Martin

Danny Taylor

Scott James

James Burlingham Jamie Mooney

Adam Caul

Jason O'Sullivan

Sanjay Vadgama Mark Hampton

Stevie Hunt

Dale Vigus

Matty Thomas 4

Craig Rennard 3

MOM - Difficult to split Matty and Craig, both worked hard and scored the goals.....heads it's Matty, tails it's Craig......tails it is...!!!

I'm having the gloves back next week! the Queen sent me a text saying that he had tried his best to get me outta work by diverting 300 guests from Brewers, however my hopes were dashed as i reliesed the txt was sent a day late, however it wasnt to be. Bluenose i did here you did a REASONABLE job in goal good luck to mabe on monday!

Rangers 2 v 2 Mawnan

Last home game of a long season for Rangers and for me a last home game in charge after 8 years at the helm. With nothing really for either side to play for we mixed it up some what in the first half (Positions out of a hat). This resulted in me in nets, a back four of midfielders and the Chairman playing up top. Not surprising we went in 2-1 down at the half. Quick chat at halftime with the lads and it was decided to change things for the second half. I suppose after a second half to the season which has seen us win 15 of the last 19 games no one was willing to go home losing. Rangers on the front foot second half and the equalizer did eventually come. Mawnan should have won the game today in that first half but as usual the lads did what was required.

Last words thanks to the Ref and Mawnan for a good game played in a good spirit. Cheers Fella's.

I quite enjoyed myself Eric.....you might have a bit of competition for your place on Saturday...!!!!!! ;)

I'm having the gloves back next week! the Queen sent me a text saying that he had tried his best to get me outta work by diverting 300 guests from Brewers, however my hopes were dashed as i reliesed the txt was sent a day late, however it wasnt to be. Bluenose i did here you did a REASONABLE job in goal good luck to mabe on monday!

Trelawny 2

Halsetown Res 2 (0) Storm (1)

As teams wind down for the end of the season, sometimes a little fun is had with lineups, teams suddenly appear a lot stronger than they were previously in the season,managers and other peripheral figures make their one-off appearance that leaves them the following 12 months and teams run out of things to play for. Sadly, some of these were enforced on me. With at least 5 players missing our problem was not a lack of available players, but a lack of players who could actually get to the match. With a limited number of seats, I took the journey to TR26 via Falmouth and Townshend to ensure we had enough bodies..

I manage to assemble together a squad of 13 players who could actually squeeze into the available seating that we had, including the precocious young talent that is myself (I would modestly label myself "wonderkid" if I had a Football Manager profile) although I reluctantly benched myself as to not show up the rest of the team.

A strong Halsetown side kicked off the 1st half and they certainly caused us more problems than a couple of weeks ago. It was a half of very few chances, with Halsetown having the better of possession but Storm having the better of the chances, with the best chance of the half a Sam Charlton header that just went wide. At one point we had the ball in the back of the net but the linesman ruled the ball had gone out for a goalkick before it was squared and we went into the break at 0-0.

The second half began with a flurry with Halsetown putting themselves 1-0 up almost immediately, which seemed to kick us in to life. What followed was the best 5 minute spell of football that we would produce over the match. Short passing and moving in the build up led to a corner on the left. The corner was efficiently dealt with by the Halsetown defence but came out to Charlton on 5 yards outside the area. There was a sense of inevitability as he pulled back his right foot and let fly with an unstoppable slice which, had the onrushing midfielder not been in the way, would barely have travelled 10 yards. As it happened the ball bounced kindly off the player and back into Sam's path. Having seen what happened with his right, he took a second attempt using his other foot. The connection this time was far sweeter and the ball rocketed through the crowded area towards the inside of the bottom post. As Sam turned to celebrate his first goal for Storm that wasn't a comedy moment, his lingering glances at the ball were enough to see Matt Doble stick out his right foot about 3 yards out, and the ball deflect in off his foot.

With the scores level the game continued in much the same fashion as the first half until Ben Kellow, bursting into the ox was hauled to the ground. The guilty looks of the Halsetown players and the cheers rather than appeals of the Storm players indicated that it was a fairly stonewall penalty. That is unless, as was unfortunately for us, the referee didn't have a view of the incident due to players being in the way. He didn't see it so he couldn't give it. That's the rules and I can't argue with him. I'd rather a ref said that to me than made up some **** and bull story about how it wasn't a pen in the first place.

As the game wore on, it became more end to end, both teams in search of a winner. I thought we had taken the lead when a deep Will Annear cross from the right was met by the head of David Mitchell who did well to keep the header down past the onrushing keeper, only to see the ball bounce up and come back off the crossbar. It wasn't the last time the crossbar would cause us problems.

With about 10 to go, Captain for the day and key centre back, Mike Price, took a blow to his ankle. With my one other sub already used and despite my best efforts to keep him on the pitch my introduction to the game was unavoidable. Obviously Halsetown responded to this move, I found I wasn't given the time and space needed to get a hold on the game (roughly 35 yard circle and a good couple of minutes). With the seconds ticking down a halsetown break saw a low shot saved well by Adam Lockwood in goal. Unfortunately his efforts to lift the ball over the bar weren't quite enough and the ball cannoned back to the feet of the Halsetown striker (Lawrence Kennedy?) who had a simple finish to steal the points.

Well played to Halsetown and all the best with their battle to avoid the drop (should there be one)

Hi Rappo , the beers are flowing matey every night hanging out our!!!!!! Spud and the lads loving it nice and friendly :) not. As the Germans quoted in one game. Yah yah you English strong. Spud hit one keeper he rolled over that many times they only just caught him on the Dutch border. Lee Harris Shaun clinton send there love see you soon Mark x

Bet you lot are having a ball bud!!! Yeah they ain't too keen on the physical side of it are they mate!! Jack said the u15s had a 20 man brawl against one of the German sides last year!! Hey mate, congratulations on a fantastic season, catch you soon bud x