Cornwall Football Forum

SLOBBERKNOCKER

Guest Dermot

Guest Dermot

With such phrases as`over the moon`& `a game of two halves`& `sick as a parrot` i think its time we introduced this fine word SLOBBERKNOCKERS into the footballing dictionary. Just thought it might be a bit of fun if someone this coming saturday when giving a match report on Radio Cornwall could slip this word in? Maybe even Dave Deacon could get the ball rolling by announcing its going to be a SLOBBERKNOCKER of a show today folks,it might boost your listeners Dave if everyone tunes in to hear if someone says it.

Remember the England team a few years ago when they kept quoting pop songs in interviews!

Who knows we might hear the England boss after the next World Cup saying "Rooney scored a SLOBBERKNOCKER to win the cup" ;0) :drink:

Guest Dermot

Too good to let that one fade away Cat,hope you dont mind but it would be funny if someone did use it on the radio this weekend,i am sure all the Royalties will go to you mate.

Unfortunately i wont be able to listen as i will be in Somerset on Saturday assisting in an FA Cup game so it would be good if it is used and someone posts it on here for all to read.

Cheers again Cat, the inventor of the word SLOBBERKNOCKERS. ;0) :clapper:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

So, what is the definition of a 'Slobberknocker', can one go 'Slobberknocking', is it possible to be 'Slobberknocked' will this new word last the season, does it have 'bouncebackability' I think we should be told !

Just found this link, am I bored ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...=slobberknocker

Guest Dermot

Good work Judge,still think its a great new word,and that the game at Mount wise tonight is a real SLOBBERKNOCKER too? Hopefully lift a bit of the gloom after losing the Ladies team. ;0/ :o

Well i am just back from Bridgewater V Minehead in the FA Cup and wondered if anyone managed to slot the word SLOBBERKNOCKER onto Radio Cornwall today as i missed the show ? ;0) :blink:

Guest PJD ref

I hate to admit how sad I am but the origin of Slobberknocker comes frm WWE (what was WWF) Wrestling,

The commentator Jim "JR" Ross often says that the match is a Sloberknocker!

But I would love to hear commentators and radio cornwall refer to matches as sloberknockers