Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 18/19th May 2013

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or even better text me on 07597907549 with any details.
Thanks

I will not be updating the forum thread tomorrow night as it is the Penzance AFC Presentation Evening so I'll be out. All welcome to attend at £5 a head. pay at the door.
See at the Supp Cup S-F at Wendron on Sunday. Remember I want to hear all the latest Combo gossip!

Cornwall Combo League
18th May 2013
Hayle Reserves (Kevin Lawrence, Craig Wilcox) 2-3 St Agnes (Sam Connoly, Nick Perry, Sam Kay)
Att - 30
Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen 2, James Martin) 3-2 St Just (Darren Steadman, Tim George)
Att - 45
Newquay Reserves 0-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (Matt Gilbert)
Att - 45
Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson, Luke Brabyn, Chris Shackley) 3-4 St Ives Town (Tom Morris, Ryan Bushby, Curtis Richards, Alfie Turner)

Att - 40
Porthleven Reserves (Mark Goldsworthy 3, Ben Stidwell, Tom Annear) 5-2 Troon (Darren Browning, Richie Ward)
Att - 33
RNAS Culdrose (Danny Brockwell, Jamie Adam) 2-3 Mullion (Luke Hunter, Rob Carey, Chris Ensink)
Att - 20

19th May
Supplementary Cup S-F
Falmouth Athletic 0-5 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Phil Cattran , Matt Roberts, Matt McIlroy, Chris Mulroy, Ryan Reeve)

Att - 101

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 35 28 3 4 111 41 70 87
2 LUDGVAN 37 26 2 9 140 62 78 80
3 ST DAY 35 25 3 7 137 57 80 78
4 PERRANWELL 35 23 4 8 94 44 50 73
5 PENDEEN ROVERS 34 21 7 6 92 48 44 73**
6 MULLION 37 18 6 13 99 89 10 60
7 ST IVES TOWN 35 16 11 8 84 63 21 59
8 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 34 18 3 13 78 71 7 57
9 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 35 16 5 14 72 58 14 53
10 ST JUST 34 16 4 14 75 68 7 52
11 ST AGNES 34 14 6 14 61 60 1 51**
12 WENDRON UNITED 34 13 7 14 63 61 2 46
13 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 35 13 5 17 75 99 -24 41*
14 RNAS CULDROSE 35 10 9 16 73 81 -8 39
15 TROON 35 10 2 23 68 98 -30 32
16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 37 9 4 24 60 113 -53 31
17 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 35 9 3 23 62 136 -74 30
18 HAYLE RESERVES 38 7 6 25 50 112 -62 27
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 34 6 6 22 52 99 -47 21*
20 HOLMAN SC 38 5 4 29 51 137 -86 19

Hayle 2 st agnes 3 kevin laurence and graig willcox scorers for hayle att bout 30 due to a double header of the 4th team playing at 2pm

dan i think a bit more than that attended as i got to 40 in the 1 st half and lost count as i should have been concentrating on the game ha ha

well lets get this out the way i am gutted to lose this one today hayle2-3 st agnes ,after the second half permormance thought we deserved a draw but all credit to st agnes the final goal was well taken for their winner and cant go fishing tonight as my son is ill so have to baby sit as missus is working late o well always the eurovision .st .agnes have a lot of talented young players who can play good football but also dont shy out of a challenge when needed , hayle also have some very good young players craig wilcox for one who was rewarded with a goal after a great afternoons work ,would like to thank steve webber for all he put in to the combo side this year and great to see him this afternoon watching and still ponting out where and when we should drop of or push on my personal thanks to alex as well who stepped in to run the combo when steve had to step down and has the same as steve given a lot of the young players at hayle a chance at senior football and our ever present senior member of the side andy james who has put so much work in behind the scenes to make sure we have a side out each week and is always encouraging the youngsters not just with words but by leading from the frontl,even though he was injured today he kicked every ball today and was as vocal as ever , must give a mention to andy howes who was excellent and let the game flow and had a bit of banter with the players he is a players ref and will look forward to seeing him next year [if we can stay in the combo] cheers guys and will have to wait and see what pans out over the next few weeks so hopefully we will see all our combo friends next season

St Just went to illogan with a bare 11 put together side and ran them close today, conceded soft goals really as well, this result confirms my thoughts on the ever decreasing standard of the combo, celebrate your title Illogan well done but now surely the time is to go forward and put yourselves against higher opposition the club is certainly geared for this, combo is junior football wearing a senior coat.

Hayle 2 st agnes 3 kevin laurence and graig willcox scorers for hayle att bout 30 due to a double header of the 4th team playing at 2pm

dan i think a bit more than that attended as i got to 40 in the 1 st half and lost count as i should have been concentrating on the game ha ha

i was concentrating more on my sausage and chips and pint by then lol

Port scorers:

Mark goldsworthy 3

Ben Stidwell 1

Tom Annear 1

Helston had no game today then? O the joys of being in Cornwall..!!! Only in our great friendly county would your local arch rivals lend a few of their superstars to help them out of the relegation battle!!! And as it turns out only one will be going down now anyway!!! Lol

i was concentrating more on my sausage and chips and pint by then lol

no wonder i had to drop you home as you struggled to walk up the hill ha ha only the one sausage dan ? dont forget to get dad to ring me we need a catch up well done this season dan you and the boys have done the club proud will catch up with you and dad soon cheers

dan i think a bit more than that attended as i got to 40 in the 1 st half and lost count as i should have been concentrating on the game ha ha i was concentrating more on my sausage and chips and pint by then lol

no wonder i had to drop you home as you struggled to walk up the hill ha ha only the one sausage dan ? dont forget to get dad to ring me we need a catch up well done this season dan you and the boys have done the club proud will catch up with you and dad soon cheers

cheers for the support steve and yes was more then one sausage lol

The st ives town scorers were Tom Morris, Ryan bushby, Curtis Richards and Alfie turner.

A better display today with a few missing but the lads that came in and a few of the wiser heads all put a good shift and deserved the win at what is a difficult venue.

Good luck to perranwell for the rest of what seems a long season.

Great result for iliogan. Made it look easier than score suggests. 1 point to go...

St Just went to illogan with a bare 11 put together side and ran them close today, conceded soft goals really as well, this result confirms my thoughts on the ever decreasing standard of the combo, celebrate your title Illogan well done but now surely the time is to go forward and put yourselves against higher opposition the club is certainly geared for this, combo is junior football wearing a senior coat.

Well, having our Trelawny D5 match called off for some reason during Saturday morning, I decided to get up to Illogan to watch the League Champions dismantle the angry Tinners from St. Just. Hmmmm, bit of a disappointment. Instead of a display of total football from the home 12, it was more of a case of very even match, punctuated by very few goal scoring chances.

First goal was total crap from St Just point of view, in possession in their own right back position, pass the ball to Illogan winger, cross the ball for Shallow Hal to prod home from 6 yards. Second goal was also total crap from St Just point of view, the ref giving a handball decision for which there were no appeals (based on the fact that it was not handball) - resulting long ball straight into the St Just box for Fatboy Slim to notch his second. Two nil at half time. I thought perhaps that Illogan may drive on from their strong position in the second half. Nope, St Just pushed them back, and I reckon if we had one of those "territory" graphs they show on tele, 20% St Just half, 50% midfield, 30% Illogan half. As The Tazmanian Madman rightly says, St Just ran them close, and got a deserved headed goal mid way through the half.

Illogan continued to punctuate the proceedings by pressing the St Just defence occasionally, and the warning signs were there from LHS corners, swept into the far post area each tme by Luke Wort resulting in the header back in to cause mayhem in the six yard box. Buster Bloodvessel was unable to get his hattrick, blasting a chance over from about 8 yards (probably a yard or two further away than he's used to). Anyway, from one of the corners, a goal did result, back post header, pinball, goal, smashed into the roof of the net from 7 yards.

Now, ther captivating football I was there to watch......nope. everytime the Illogan keeper got near the ball, he directed himself as close as possible towards a corner flag - but staying in his box, and of course picking the ball up as soon as the St Just forward had jogged over. What entertainmnent. He has so much skill in this, that he must of achieved this 5 or 6 times in the closing stages. What satisfaction was to be had therefore that a straight-forward back pass resulted in (oh - I can't pick it up I must kick it) a complete hash up allowing Steadman to kick the ball into the empty net. The keeper lying face down, embarrased.

Hopefully the St Just guy who got smashed in the face by a high tackle is ok. Not sure if the nose was broken, but had to go off. No action taken by the ref, would like to know why not really. I do not believe the Illogan defender was intentionally trying to do the damage that he did, but the tackle was only going to result in a high challenge, and if no challenge was made, the St Just guy was clean through, edge of the box. Why no card - just a free kick?