Cornwall Football Forum

Does anyone in the Redruth/Camborne area not also think we may have too many clubs? I applaud anyone that wants to start a new club and the commitment that it entails but Portreath folded last year and the side they changed into pool utd followed suit a few months later. Redruth Athletic are advertising for a new side recently at this link http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24324 and now along with Illogan Park that's going to be another 30minimum extra local players required.....where will they come from?

I think existing clubs playing at the same venues these clubs will no doubtedly be playing at (clijah, Illogan park) would welcome with open arms an extra 30 players in the system especially as next season rolling subs coming into play allowing a playing squad of 15 who can all get a game. I for one think clubs that field 15 players every week next season will have a massive advantage over teams that are struggling to raise 11 players week in week out.

I'm sure I'm about to cop a load of abuse as normal with anonymous names coming on here with the usual "I want to play with my mates" or "we want our own team" and all I can say to that is fine but their are opportunities at existing clubs where you can make new friends and also still play with your existing ones....players create the atmosphere at a club and new faces can make a huge difference as my club found this year when we welcomed 5 new faces to our 2nds who play cricket at Redruth in the summer but came into football over the winter and were great both on the pitch and off it

The Camborne/Redruth area which is awash with clubs who are always looking for new players and I will guarantee nearly everyone will be advertising on here in June pre season training looking for players "old and new"

Food for thought I think....Rolling Subs will be a massive game changer this season!

Haha Bundi no one wants you because your like the 'Grim Reaper' every club you go to folds lol :).....we would still have you though all players old and new welcome for pre season training at Holmans......see I've started the hunt already and we haven't even got to the end of May!!!!

More teams diluting the standard. every year clubs complain about not having enough players and that no one has any loyalty anymore, thats because no one has to fight for a place anymore if they dont get 90mins every week they just up and leave to play for a club struggling to field 11 players. County fa should prevent more clubs to stop the decline in standard. Just my opinion by the way.

Also hear Camborne Town FC will be applying to enter the trelawny league.

So that's 45 new players required to supplement the existing sides.......could regret saying this but have the local footballers turned into gremlins and if you pour water on them they multiply!!! (Stands by for endless Camborne girl jokes regarding pro creation below taking over this thread)

i personally heard, that illogan park rangers, is going to be a lot of storm reserves going there, apparently applied last year but missed last meeting, but have sorted it and have a full squad of players ready for this coming season....

also camborne town fc with the rumours of players they have going there could be real side to watch but as we know it aint as easy to run a club as people think!!!

but on other hand starting new clubs are great and sure ccfa love it more money more clubs but like pitty said means other teams gonna lose players guess means teams maybe have two sides in local area will only maybe have one depending if pulling from local or afar sure there current clubs will know soon enough if losing players to these new sides, but i agree with gee people dont fight for places anymore they just get up and leave if dont get 90 minutes every week in successful side so they go to a new team or one struggling for results or players so they play every week, if you have something you think can get club going forward fair enough but just to get gametime without giving a real shot at a big club or sucessful one i find pointless

Also hear Camborne Town FC will be applying to enter the trelawny league.

So that's 45 new players required to supplement the existing sides.......could regret saying this but have the local footballers turned into gremlins and if you pour water on them they multiply!!! (Stands by for endless Camborne girl jokes regarding pro creation below taking over this thread)

pitty, i know for fact the guys who are gonna be running this side, have required the services from a few players from a lot of local teams obviously the players have not told the clubs there at yet but sure find out end pre season but apparently its the yes, i want too play with mates thing

i personally heard, that illogan park rangers, is going to be a lot of storm reserves going there, apparently applied last year but missed last meeting, but have sorted it and have a full squad of players ready for this coming season....

also camborne town fc with the rumours of players they have going there could be real side to watch but as we know it aint as easy to run a club as people think!!!

but on other hand starting new clubs are great and sure ccfa love it more money more clubs but like pitty said means other teams gonna lose players guess means teams maybe have two sides in local area will only maybe have one depending if pulling from local or afar sure there current clubs will know soon enough if losing players to these new sides, but i agree with gee people dont fight for places anymore they just get up and leave if dont get 90 minutes every week in successful side so they go to a new team or one struggling for results or players so they play every week, if you have something you think can get club going forward fair enough but just to get gametime without giving a real shot at a big club or sucessful one i find pointless

Why would you say that Scott? Unless you know for sure it's speculation and whether the club knows or doesn't know is it really helpful to say that about another club? :rolleyes:

I rest my case! Standby for some clubs in the local area to find themselves at pre-season panicking they won't be able to fulfil their obligation to the league they make at the AGM due to a decrease in numbers.

I understand the mates thing but why do they have to form a 'new' club why not supplement and join an existing one? Players who read this I cannot stress enough you have many people working hard in the local area to run teams from trelawny 5 to SWPL if you up sticks and leave on mass you can cause absolute carnage for the club you have left behind leaving good club men including fellow players to pick up the pieces.

as you can tell I'm quite passionate about this subject and I apologise to Illogan park who are in the title of this thread I have no gripe with your newly formed club it just frustrates me that well established clubs are being forced to scrape around for new players when they are quite scarce already due to a mass exodus of previously registered players to a newly formed team because they 'want to play with their mates'.......get your mates together and join an already formed club in the local area, their are many!!! rather then form a new one further diluting the scarce pool of players that already exist......don't mean to rant just frustrated that teams in the local area will once again struggle to raise sides due to 45 players commmited to 3 NEW sides!

Why would you say that Scott? Unless you know for sure it's speculation and whether the club knows or doesn't know is it really helpful to say that about another club? :rolleyes:

sorry peggy, didnt mean it like that just saying what i heard, as im sure slimbob heard something kinda similar if i am totally wrong i apologise! but just repeating what i heard

na peggs i tried to tap up a few of ur res for nxt season and i know that u got a good num staying as for new players needed i cant c it being a problem alot of 15 yr olds will b 16 come aug so shouldnt be an issue clipper has alrdy got 16 players signed for nxt season using the forms for this season weather this means they get new forms n av to sign again is still to be seen i think alot of clubs will b fine still. clubs like storm clipper and trevenson r important starting points for alot of young players who dont have game experience to get into teams in the area such as titans and redruth utd who r very good teams so with out the game time they wont reach their best us div 5 teams can give them that wch then benifits higher teams in the area.