Cornwall Football Forum

RIP Terry Grasty

RIP Terry Grasty - I have just heard the sad news that Terry Grasty a former stalwart of St Agnes AFC was found dead in his flat yesterday.

Terry was a long time member and active contributor to St Agnes AFC over a long period of time.

He was also involved at Trispen Football Club as Fixtutre Secretary and was Secretary of the Mining League.

I will post here should I hear any further details and in the meantime if anyone requires any further info please give me a call thank you.

Mandy Kimmins (Chair St Agnes AFC)

07974 370666

Hi Mandy,

Perhaps you would be so kind as to post on here if you hear when and where the funeral will be.

I was only thinking the other day that i had not seen Terry for some time.

When he was involved at St.Agnes AFC, i recall going into their changing room to get substitutes names from the manager and there was Terry wilth a table full of the biggest array of sweets and fruit laid out for the players that i have seen at a match.

RIP Terry..

Really sorry to hear the news about Terry Mandy. Real gentlemen, remember him bringing shower gel, towels, chewing gum and as mentioned by yourself and Nige about three bags of opal fruits every game!!! I used to get there ten minutes before Brendon wanted us just to nick a pocketful of orange and red ones before the youngsters got there!!! Remember us three listening to his cat stories while having a rub. Would do anything for anyone. R.I.P Terry. Mike, Rappo and Steve Tyack x

so sorry to hear of terrys death a true football gent had many talks with him when i ran long rock afc in the old mining league when we ever had a problem he was always on the end of the phone and was a great help to my old club [ now folded] and to me on a personal level a top man and will be greatly missed

steve bailey

R.I.P. Terry. A lovely chap, who i had the pleasure of dealing with when he was the mining league secretary and when i played for Trispen many years ago. He could talk on the phone for hours sometimes and was extremly helpful and knowledgeable on all football matters.

Terry Grasty will be buried next Friday 31st May with a graveside funeral at 3pm at the Cemetary Goonvrea Road St Agnes.

It appears there may be no family present so it would be great to see members of his football family from over the years there.

There will be a buffet gathering at the Railway Inn St Agnes following the ceremony commencing at around 3.30pm.

Donations in lieu of flowers to St Agnes AFC.

For any more details please contact Mandy Kimmins 07974 370666

• 2 weeks later...

there was a very good turn out for terrys funeral today and it was the 1st graveside funeral i have attended ,it was a very dignified affair and the words spoken made you think , terry was well respected through football and also in the village of st agnes well done to st agnes afc who helpded with the guard of honour for when the coffin entered the church yard terry would have been proud , well done mandy and martin with letting football folk know about the funeral and much respect to you both and st.agnes a f c for the way you all handled the funeral and showing club rivaleries are all put aside when it matters and well done tom benny for the way you read the passing of a footballer , up until then i had never heard it but it was very moving and apt for a man like terry ,terry would have been really pleased wih the turnout and the sun shone as well ,thanks to you all and hope you have a good end of season get together and we will all meet up next season and have the usual banter i always expect when we vist st agnes.