Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results 16/5/13

Div 4

Four Lanes 4 Newlyn Non Athletico 3

Four Lanes in control and four up when i arrived just after half time.They then conceeded a goal,got jittery and conceeded another two before steadying the ship late on.

Attendance (excluding substitutes) eight,three dogs,including mine,and three young lads kicking a ball against a fence behind one of the goals.

Div 1

Trevenson 1-5 Helston

Trevenson played well tonight and 5-1 was particularly flattering, some tired Helston players, considering it was our 3rd game in 4 days... 1 to go.

Good Luck to Trevenson for the rest of this season & next.

Div 5

Helston v Troon

Troon did not show up. ...after managing to contact their secretary who tracked down their manager was told they could not raise a side but rather than let anyone know decided just not to turn up. Thanks for that boy's. .a call would of been nice...so we could of told our players that they did not need to leave work early, so we could of told the referee who turned up who could of been asigned to another game as he informed me he heard that a couple of Games were off tonight cos of no ref. Oh and also so no money was spent on food for after the match which has now been wasted!

Congrats Reno on captaining your side to league and cup double, well deserved.

A bit early to congratulate them on the double when csom are still in contention! Apologies, thought it had been decided.

I believe Helston can finish on 66, csom on 67 so if csom slip up once Helston will be champions! That is if Helston win their final game?!

Congrats Reno on captaining your side to league and cup double, well deserved.

A bit early to congratulate them on the double when csom are still in contention! Apologies, thought it had been decided.

I believe Helston can finish on 66, csom on 67 so if csom slip up once Helston will be champions! That is if Helston win their final game?!

That's spot on, I think a lot of people have looked at Points as opposed to games left! Our ref last night thought we had already won the league! CSoM have 6 to play, and if they win them then they are definitely champions. There a top side & I expect it to run close, still hard games to play for both teams. But we guaranteed promotion last night which was the aim at the start of the season!!! Nobody could begrudge CSoM the league title, a good footballing side, just a shame they have to play so many games at the end of the season, I know some teams have finished there seasons and some teams haven't played for weeks but are still waiting to play them (believe St Day are one of those who can still get promotion, assuming its top 2 that goes up? I'm not sure!!)

Div 1 has been a tough league, as was Div 2 last season, some really good sides, just proven by the fact that Lizard made the Junior Cup final & West Cornwall play the Percy Stephens on Sunday (Good Luck to them for that!) so I think everyone at Helston will be looking forward to getting out of this league!!! (A compliment to all sides in Div1!)

Good Luck to all teams still playing!

Absolutely bang on Reno! A lot of dropped points from everyone this year, thus proving the strength of Div 1. Think a lot of people thought Helston would cruise it this year, and up until a few weeks ago weren't even guaranteed promotion. A fantastic run of results towards the end of season has certainly put paid to that! I stand by what I've said nearly all season, I think Div 1 is probably more competitive than the premier, given the number of sides capable of challenging each other for the top 2 places! Only my opinion of course! As you said, Lizard reached the final of the junior cup west section, and ourselves (West Cornwall) play in the PSC final on Sunday! Thanks for the good luck wishes, hopefully we can do ourselves and our league proud in a game that couldn't be any harder. Will be a pleasure to play against the best team in junior football for the past however many years! Finally, congrats to Helston on their cup final victory and achieveing promotion in the same week.Hope you make it a double, but good luck to everyone still left to play in what could be a great finish to a great season!

Agreed! Give it another couple of years and I think teams will have found their level, and I think you will start seeing less of the 15-0 scorelines! Hopefully anyway!!!

Good luck in the Percy Stephens Cup final - lovely cup to win - Helston nearly did it last season but then again Helston nearly did a lot of things lol

Agreed! Give it another couple of years and I think teams will have found their level, and I think you will start seeing less of the 15-0 scorelines! Hopefully anyway!!!

Good luck in the Percy Stephens Cup final - lovely cup to win - Helston nearly did it last season but then again Helston nearly did a lot of things lol

Thank you Sir! Would be nice for someone other than Illogan to win a cup, but they are a top side!! Ha yea, Helston were unlucky last year to not win at least one cup, JC final for sure! But at least they are one step closer to achieving the main goal of senior football!

Don't you just hate illogan.... Ha

best of luck to west cornwall...and hopefully we can get a result at CSOM tomorrow that will make the helston boys happy.It was a close run 0-0 draw last time out, but they are an extremely good side so no promises.We need two wins out of two to guarentee out t1 status

Don't you just hate illogan.... Ha

hatred is often borne out of jealousy a wise old man once said

best of luck to west cornwall...and hopefully we can get a result at CSOM tomorrow that will make the helston boys happy.It was a close run 0-0 draw last time out, but they are an extremely good side so no promises.We need two wins out of two to guarentee out t1 status

best of luck scotchio - finish your season on a high - Helston only need you to draw tho lol