Cornwall Football Forum

Chelsea Rescue British Football....Again

Thank goodness the only serious competitors in Europe are back in the Senior competition. Fun to win the West Penwith Hospital Cup or whatever it is Fernando and Branislav won tonight in that little tinpot stadium....Amsterdam Arena my foot, you could get more into Lafrowda Park if you shunted all the cows out (I'm only referring to Frisians and Jerseys, I would never be rude about the girls I grew up with !)

11 trophies in 10 years, one more than Manure....and they NEVER held both the European Club Trophies at once.

Chelsea, clearly the greatest British side of all time.

Thank goodness the only serious competitors in Europe are back in the Senior competition. Fun to win the West Penwith Hospital Cup or whatever it is Fernando and Branislav won tonight in that little tinpot stadium....Amsterdam Arena my foot, you could get more into Lafrowda Park if you shunted all the cows out (I'm only referring to Frisians and Jerseys, I would never be rude about the girls I grew up with !)

11 trophies in 10 years, one more than Manure....and they NEVER held both the European Club Trophies at once.

Chelsea, clearly the greatest British side of all time.

And 9 managers !! Won't win best employer in Europe award :c:

that little tinpot stadium....Amsterdam Arena my foot, you could get more into Lafrowda Park if you shunted all the cows out

I've been to the Amsterdam Arena, (home of Ajax), and it's a great stadium. The capacity is larger than Stamford Bridge, the 'Chelsea Tractor Garage'.

and they NEVER held both the European Club Trophies at once.

Achieved because Chelsea FAILED to get through the group stage!

Only because UEFA do not understand that Leagues should be decided on GD when points are the same. Did all the other English sides who failed to qualify from the CL win the Europa ? Case rested !

Did all the other English sides who failed to qualify from the CL win the Europa ?

No they didn't Nemesis and well done to Chelsea for doing so. Isaac Rosenberk was celebrating the fact that Chelsea were holding both trophies at the same time, but no other side has had the chance to do so. No previous winners of the European Cup have failed to get through the following season's group stage and therefore could not win the Europa League trophy! Hope you are able to understand! :)

For earlier, well publicised reasons, John Terry is clearly one of footballs most disliked characters. But you have to hand it to the man, he has the hide of a rhino.

Last year despite being banned for the final, when his colleagues were about to presented with the European Cup- there he is fully resplendent in full kit including shinpads jumping around for all he's worth.

Cue a stream of bile, internet cartoons, photoshopped pictures of the leader, legend , hero invading other famous moments in history

It may have made a lesser man stop and think that if there ever was a next time, he'd behave like countless other top players and join in the celebrations suitably clad in club blazer or the like.

No, not our John.

He couldn't get that track suit off quick enough last night. And despite doing next to f*** all for Chelski this season - There he was - Lifting the cup for all his worth

John Terry, ( Part time ) Captain, Leader, Leg End and irony free zone

You poor old Polemounter. You've been on here for years, giving it large about the magnificence of your post-Blanchflower shower when they grab a draw in Slovakia or Bale hits a lucky bobble to beat FC Kebab 6-5 in the Alsoran Cup, but you've never been quite good enough even to get beyond the semis. Chelsea, conversely, turn up in the last 32 without even trying and bumble along playing the likes of our ex-Wigan boy and a few youth players and win it first time.

And being an old curmudgeon from Zummerset Bogland, you can't just say "well done" and be like a MAN, but you chunter on like granny on the gin about how it's not like it was in the heroic days of Pleat and Pratt and Perryguts.

Jealous ! You're so green I could cut out your face and use it for next season's St Just home kit !

Blue Tinners have won European trophies in consecutive years. Oh, and the FA Cup....what was the score in the semi, 5-1 ? And what have you won ? A free phone in a Talk Talk raffle ?

Don't forget "The Game Is About Glory", will you ? Waaaaaaahhhh ! Bye Bye Bale !

Even Worse Day For Tottenham coming up, when ARSENAL take the last remaining Champions League spot ! Your best future chance would be if you relocated your ground to Gretna !