Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay Ladies rumour

Guest Rubber Soul

Some interesting postings on this subject, but I suppose anything to do with TCFC stirs all kinds of emotions within us all. I've got to the stage whereby I find it almost comical now. Anyhow, I do have my own views on what is happening at Treyew road. On the subject of the ladies fiasco, & that's exactly what this seems to be. The Newquay ladies have been hugely succesfull over the last few years, maybe not bringing any revenue to the Mount Wise coffers, but nevertheless bringing some much needed silverware to the much respected club. If this move is not purely for financial reasons, why on earth are they doing it? You only have to look at the other two sides who have been banished into oblivion as Mandy rightly said. Tommy said about the young Newquay girls who aspired to pulling on a peppermint shirt, where do they go now? It seems to be too easy for ladies teams to up sticks & become someone else, almost overnight! Penzance ladies were Truro once & if my memory serves me right Illogan prior to that!! I don't think the whole of the blame should be levelled at TCFC in this instance. Kevin has a goal for his club & he will aim towards that, he has the financial clout & if he wants to throw money at it that's up to him. I don't like the way some things have been done since his taking over & I know, as I've seen it first hand, and have told him so to his face. We all know progress has to be made & nobody would argue with that, but I think there are ways of doing things properly & in a decent manner. This is'nt a huge metropolis down here & many people, like me don't like to see ordinary decent people get shafted by some smartass, who does it because they can. I hope this is'nt the case with the ladies, but obviously someone loses out, at the moment it seems to be Newquay FC, they seem to have been shown no loyalty by their team. Has someone or somebodies from Newquay said something that's driven them away? Is it greed & the thought of the money? Or is it TCFC flexing the financial muscles? We probably won't get to know the real truth, but it is sad for the genuine followers of Newquay, the youngsters that Tommy mentioned, and for Newquay FC themselves. Ladies I hope you've made the right decision, or will you go down the same route as Goonhavern & St Columb? Progress eh, don't you just love it!! :c:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Newquay Ladies AFC were founded by the main football club members and have been welcome at Mount wise ever since. Once the Ladies started to dominate Cornish football, those in charge of the Ladies team took over the running and never looked back - no one would have beleived that promotion to such a high level would have been possible in such a short period of time. Yes money is huge factor, coach costs and overnight stays have been the norm for the last couple of seasons but through sponsorship and grants, the Ladies managed to compete.

Truro on the otherhand, have shown they can't run a ladies side and have destroyed two others in proving it - they have therefore bought themselves a club who could have probably got by without them, especially when you consider the Ladies crowds against the top sides have all been in excess of 1,000 at Mount Wise (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd etc), they would have become self funding without a doubt.

Truros motives are not footballing but will no doubt fund them until the hotel/houses/offices have been built. in fact Heaney may see the Ladies as a cash machine as they will attract bigger crowds when they reach the National Premier League, certainly bigger than the mens team will do on a regular basis - clever businessman that Heaney bloke !

Newquay Ladies AFC may well resurface once they are allowed to use their own name again, thus allowing local girls the chance to play for their home town team. Those at Mount Wise are not bitter and wish the girls all the best for the future, they just don't like the way things were done behind the backs of the parent club.

A great club, who were well looked after at Mount Wise and loved by the locals, lets hope that all that Truro have promised is delivered and they become the major force that they deserve to be. Newquay AFC members can be proud of what they created, now lets concentrate on the mens football and onwards and upwards.

Well blow me, a constructive reply from a so called Truro fan........ No humour on Planet Heaney, just the usual personal attacks when they have no answer to the truth.

Heaney has his agenda and is happy to do anything to get his way. Any newcomer to Treyew Road needs to visit a sheep shearer and have that wool removed from their eyes, the others have been blinded by bull$hit, which explains the stench (of corruption) you can smell coming from that part of town.

Truro City are just a small time Wimbledon, enjoy your days in the sun before you disappear for good.

just the usual personal attacks,what a prat you are,just scroll done your posts,and then tell me thats not what you do to any one to do with tcfc,like i said why dont you go back to your beloved canvey island mate :angry: :angry:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I have replied personally to Truros Mr Mingebag, sorry if that is too personal but hey, lets all get dragged down to TCFC level.

You and your so-called fans of the saviours of Cornish Football have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this debate. I assume that you are either too pig headed to accept the truth that Heaney is not doing this for the benefit of Cornish Football, or that you have your head so far up his a r s e you cannot see what is painfully obvious to the rest of the footballing world. Either way, you have shown yourselves to be true idiots and perhaps we should have some sympathy with your parents, your children and anyone associated with you because you must be so goddam boring to be around.

Now toddle off and go and play with the big boys of the Western League.

I have replied personally to Truros Mr Mingebag, sorry if that is too personal but hey, lets all get dragged down to TCFC level.

You and your so-called fans of the saviours of Cornish Football have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this debate. I assume that you are either too pig headed to accept the truth that Heaney is not doing this for the benefit of Cornish Football, or that you have your head so far up his a r s e you cannot see what is painfully obvious to the rest of the footballing world. Either way, you have shown yourselves to be true idiots and perhaps we should have some sympathy with your parents, your children and anyone associated with you because you must be so goddam boring to be around.

Now toddle off and go and play with the big boys of the Western League.

Well Judge,with a reply like that,you have sunk as low as you can get.What gives you the right to insult the chairman of T.C.F.C. and all the supporters of the club?There must be something really troubleing you about the club,it's that bad you must have trouble sleeping at night.The only reason that I can think of is jealousy of the clubs ambitions and what they have achieved in the past couple of seasons.Yes I am a Truro supporter that you have found fit to insult,but I pity you for that.I like the majority come onto this forum because I have a genuine interest in Cornish football.Never in my life have I ever slagged off or insulted another team or it's supporters,I don't think anyone who visits this forum has the right to do that,in fact i'm surprised the administrator's of this forum allowed such a reply.

KIT 65.

Having trawled through all the views and opinions on this subject I think its perhaps its time to let it rest until the next installment or event concerning the subject.

It is great that so many users of this forum have an opinion on this subject - but is perhaps a shame it has degenerated into the later stages that it has.

I would like to state that those who have levelled reasoned criticism towards Truro over this latest venture are not necessarily jealous or rivals of the club. I am a Truro girl and as, if not more, Cornish than a lot posting on here on this subject. I have no axe to grind with Truro City - I do not hate the club but I will never understand how having already failed at Ladies Football having taken in 2 Ladies clubs from St Columb and Goonhavern already that Truro's actions are for the best in Cornish Football.

I wish Newquay lots more success wherever they end up!

I have picked out the following from the Newquay Ladies website:

'1st Team

One of only two Female Soccer Clubs in the South of England with F.A.Development Status. Newquay Ladies FC boasts 18 F.A. qualified coaches and is one of the only clubs in the country that does NOT charge for training. Having National Charity, Non-Profit Status, Newquay Ladies FC is one of the most successful, all-female clubs in the South West of England. There are currently 9 age-group teams, all playing year-round in competitive leagues, from U-6 yrs through to our famously successful adult team.

Our Mission:

To be the focal point for all activities of the famous Newquay Ladies Football Club in Newquay, Cornwall, England.'

A proud club - proud of being at Newquay and rightly proud of their achievements in the name of Newquay.

It seems such a sad day to give up that mantle to simply provide another bow to the Truro City armour.

If Truro had really been interested in the future of Ladies Football in Cornwall then I seriously believe they would've started a brand new ladies section from scratch - to increase the number of teams in Cornwall and provide more teams and more opportunities for more Ladies to play - not, in effect, take away 4 teams from other clubs as they have done. But they have done it the easy way - which they could do because of their financial backing.

I hope that Newquay will be successful at Truro - and that no more ladies squads go by the wayside - hopefully with the same supportive managerial network following them from Newquay to Truro they will be well looked after and monitored and I hope that Mr Heaney provides for them everything that has been promised to have enticed them to make this huge step.

Let's not all fall out over something that is a done deal - but please Truro followers accept that some of the things going on may not necessarily be in the total interest of Cornish Football and that just because some of us reason our concerns it really does not mean we hate Truro etc......