Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay Ladies rumour

Guest Rubber Soul

Rubber Soul, what i was told was said to me by an offical from Truro and unlike you i am not gonna be posting it on here. Somethings i think should not be made public knowledge unless the person in question himself wants it to be. Which i'm sure if he did he would of done so by now. :drink:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rubber Soul

Quite agree, Anita. It is a private matter, which is why I was surprised you came on with your mischievous post, saying you knew the reason why he left.

What I posted last night came via a good source, who turns out to have been spot on. Isn't this one of the reasons for this Forum - for individuals to inform those who love football and care about their Cornish teams, when something like Newquay's move to Truro is in the air.

If we wait for official announcements from people who run our clubs, we'll never hear about anything which is going on behind the scenes - when we, as supporters, have a right to know.

If I hear future whispers, and I decide they are genuine enough to share with Cornish Soccer Forum regulars, I will do so.

I am personally very sorry that Newquay Ladies have decided to move to Truro, and surprised by the way those who run the team broke the news. But the Soccer Forum shouldn't ignore the issue, just because it wasn't official. Remember President Nixon and All The President's Men? Maybe you're too young - but basically the media's hounding eventually led to the downfall of a disgraced man.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I wish to make it clear, that some info I had regarding a member of the committee quitting a few weeks ago may have been linked someway into what has happened was incorrect, and I am happy to retract my statement. My apologies to the person concerned have been made personally and now on this forum.

The feeling around the club tonight, is that the whole situation whilst a certainty to happen one day, has been badly handled by the Truro City owner and his minions and those involved with Newquay Ladies management. Some of the players are understood to be annoyed at what they see as 'their' club being ripped apart by some tw@t up the road so that he can have a full set of teams to play with.

I have suggested to our chairman, that Newquay AFC submit a bill to Newquay Ladies (Truro City) AFC for the use of facilities for the past 7 years. Maybe then we would see how much Heaney wants them if he has to cough up more than the £30k promised to the Ladies management to operate for the remainder of this season.

Truro City are a disgrace to Cornish football and whatever they do will never benfit anyone except Heaney and his toys.

Once again everyone are putting the boot in on Truro City A.F.C and Kevin Heaney.Every one is saying that

Truro are doing nothing for Cornish football.I for one will disagree.Truro winning the F.A. Vase (the only Cornish side to ever win an F.A. trophy) has put Cornish soccer on the map.Now that they are playing in the Western League Premier division we are at last seeing some decent teams visiting our County which is long overdue.

I know it's early days yet,but I think one day Kevin Heaney will be remembered for the good he has done for

Cornish football,not the way he is portrayed by most on this forum.Let's be honest about it.,he is the only person that I can remember that is prepared to put his money where is mouth is when it comes to football in this County.And may I add,any team men or ladies who had the ambition to climb the the higher leagues in

football,what other clubs in Cornwall apart from Truro City could finance this.So come on give the man and the club the credit it deserves.

KIT 65

This is really more about taking a chance to abuse Truro City -- which is fine from rivals, but it'd be better if it were honest.

Maybe those responsible for Newquay Ladies came to Truro and asked for a new home, maybe as a successful side they wanted to associate with other ambitious folks, maybe they wanted to be a part of all that new planning, maybe Heaney didn't so much lure them away as caught them when they jumped? Face it -- no matter how it was handled, Truro would've been in the wrong and would be in for some bile.

I know I'm one of those "new" fans that are so annoying (how dare Clubs get new fans!) and maybe I've been unwise in some of my postings trying to defend City (what was it Keane said this week, 'there's a fine line between loyalty and stupidity'?), but I fail to imagine under what circumstances you'd _not_ have a go at City -- because there's never been an example!

Mr Chairman I am delighted to see you interested and constructive in this subject! Thank you!

It would be great to see Newquay start their own Ladies structure up again - hard work I know but it would provide for the girls in that area - especially as St Columb Ladies and Goonhavern Ladies already left that neighbouring locality and Newquay Ladies are now off the same way! Obviously any of the Ladies clubs including us would welcome any grass roots players but its a long way for youngsters to travel when it could've been on their doorstep.

Guest Peppermint

I thought it would not be long before Xembla reared his head to defend City. It does matter to him what the true facts are but just make them up as he goes along to suit his slant.

A previous posting about Truro's lack of public relations acumen says it all. Surely with all the money sloshing about they could have some better PR personnel.

Xembla makes no mention of the harm done to people who have worked for Newquay Football Club for over fifty years having to read in a newspaper what had been agreed. Apparently some members of the Ladies Committee were not aware of the decision. How is that for Democracy.

Xembla - sensitive soul that he must be bangs on about poor City and the abuse. If that is the case try and conduct matters in a more civilised and correct manner. He obviously has no idea about what really happened but still what he does not know he makes up!

Lets face it, the rest of Cornish Football are still to see the benefits that Truro are bringing to the Cornish game. So far it would seem that they've done more harm than good to the rest of the county.

How many seasons will it be before they field a team comprising of players all from out of the county because the ones local aren't good enough for the level? ie: Southern Prem or whatever its called.

If a club do things well and are successful then I'm all for that, but lets face it, its Mr Heaney building it, it could have been any club should he have chosen a different one to invest in!! Falmouth, Newquay, St Blazey, Porthleven, would have won the Vase last year if he had invested in them!

Actually, "invest" is the wrong word, cos he isn't going to make anything from success on the pitch, however, if and when Truro move, houses, hotel, then the investment comes to fruit!!

As for the ladies, all the plaudits and spectators that Newquay have been getting, well, will it continue as Truro City ladies?

Guest Peppermint

There are a few local girls in the First Team squad but Mr Chairman is correct that most have now been imported in from far and wide.

The underhand way it was carried out is the annoying part for Newquay folk.

Just a quick question for the Admins. Now that Newquay ladies have moved to Truro will they be getting thier own sub-forum like the men????? If not don't you think thats a bit unfair on the ladies after all they will be doing this for the good of Cornish Football. And i'm sure everyone can see from this topic there IS a interest in ladies football. :c: :D

[head rears up]

But Peppermint, I was taking my cue from some of your postings, wherein it was explained that the story was not made clear, and that we didn't know exactly how the transaction went -- isn't that what you meant when you wished someone from either Truro or the Newquay Ladies would come on and explain? Have I misunderstood?

In the absence of that clarity, it seemed to me that everyone was blaming Heaney for waving a lot of money around, when that may not have been the case. I wasn't trying to "make things up" but merely offer an alternate theory of why the move happened.

What we do know is that many dedicated, hardworking members of the Newquay AFC family found out in a belated and probably shocking way, and I agree that's disappointing. But is that Truro's fault? It was an internal communication problem, no? What's that to do with Truro City's PR corps? Please correct me if I've got it all wrong . . .

And I wasn't complaining so much about the abuse itself (pile it on!) as about the pretense that this particular series of actions was particularly bad. If, in some alternate universe, the Newquay Ladies had begged Heaney to move to Treyew Road and he'd said "oh, no -- we've had bad luck with Ladies' sides, and you're doing well at Newquay" then there'd be 50+ postings about how Truro City are so arrogant and think they're too good for the rest of Cornwall and can't be bothered to make room for other successful sides!

Xembla, Truro have been after Newquay ladies for a few years (please someone correct me if i'm wrong), the only way that they would of gone to Truro is for money, (just my opinion), i know its gonna cost the ladies hell of a lot of travel money to get to some of thier matches, Colchester (for example) is 358 miles away from Newquay and to get a team of 16 + management there is gonna cost a few quid. :)

Perhaps now Newquay Ladies are in the National Leagues they suddenly realised the cost of travelling, perhaps overnight stays were beyond their budget and the only way they could survive was to link with Truro and their cash.

When the Cornish Sharks American Football Team were playing at home to Reading Renegades I was talking to Reading's players and coaches and to bring down a team from Reading to Newquay cost £600. Admittedly it was the price of a coach not a minibus.

Unless there is a cheap coach operator locally or the girls would have used their own transport, I'm sure they do not have enough in the kitty to pay out that sort of cash.

Guest Peppermint

At least we agree on one thing Xembla - it was disgraceful that the Committee of Newquay Football Club was not informed and had to read it in the press.

Yes Newquay Ladies were courted previously but did not go at that juncture.

The Newquay Ladies Website states that the girls teams will remain at Newquay - big deal and very good of them. However the Committee at Newquay Football Club might not agree with that after all they were not even consulted before these grand plans were formulated.

This is obviously a done deal but at the end of the day it just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth about how it was done without any consulation except through the media.

Also to announce that one more match will be played at Mount Wise and then the next at Truro is a bit of a cheek to say the least.

This decision was obviously taken without the full knowledge of some Ladies Committee members and that surely is totally wrong!

Guest Chairman NLFC

To all forum members.

Unfortunately NLFC are not able to financially support a National League football club. Truro City have been aware of this situation for some time now and approached us with a fantastic offer, hopefully to secure the future of National League Womens Football in Cornwall. I contacted our committee members to see for a yes or no answer to their proposal, the Committee were 100% in agreement that this was the best option for our Ladies Senior Teams. I then phoned the Chairman of Newquay Football Club who was very supportive of the new venture and understood that the decision was for financial reasons. We then contacted Truro City with our answer, from start to finish this process has all been done above board and through the appropriate channels. I apologise if some people had to find this out via the medium of the local press, as far as we were concerned it was not our responsibility to cascade the news to committee members of Newquay (mens) football club as we went to the Club Chairman directly.

Now we can financially support and expand the Junior Teams of NLFC which is highly important for the Youth of the area. Do we regret having to move.............Yes! Are we looking forward to our new venture............Yes! I hope this clears up some of the misinformation and rumours surrounding the move.

This is my first time posting anything on this forumb but your comments and arguements make interesting reading.

Keep up the good work!

Guest Man on the Post

Following NL chairman's posting I am sure that Peppermint is, at this moment, drafting an apology to Newquay Ladies and Truro City. :D

Guest Peppermint

Firstly - thank to the Chairman of NLFC for coming onto the Forum and putting a viewpoint.

A few observations - I understand that not all of your Committee was consulted. Secondly I understand that the Newquay Football Club Chairman was informed in the late afternoon the day before the news broke in the Guardian. Newquay AFC had a committee meeting only two days before and surely this was known then and it would have been much better to have told the committee at that juncture.

I realise that the Newquay chairman could have told at least the senior members of his committee but choose not to do so - another mistake!

At the end of the day it is a done deal and life goes on. Best wishes for the rest of the season but I will just add that in hindsight it could have been handled in a more sensitive manner. After all Mount Wise has been your home since the beginning.

I have just seen Man on the Post's posting and as usual it contains nothing of interest and when is he going to post something of substance.

If you read my posting then you will realise there is always two sides to every story and it could have been handled better.

Still - MOTP - loyalty and the right way of doing things means nothing to you as long as Truro City get their own way and you ride rough shod over everybody!

statment from alan metters

first i feel this is the time to answer any rumours that are being spread around by people who most cerntly are not in the know and will be the only time i reply to these, first like it or not people move around in football players leave and so do managers i left truro and repeat left truro city ladies because i was informed by the club that goonhavern ladies would be joining us with warren and his coaches comming into the management structure this is something i felt i could not work with, its as simple as that and nothing else so i made a personal choice to continue with the senior guys at godolphin which grows stronger every season. i simply felt with guys like ronni barr and colin we had all we needed to be successfull. i had a fantastic season at truro and wish them every success in the future ,we all join clubs with our eyes open and every one moves on at some point im sorry warren struggled to hold on to any players but they are all grown ups and make their own choices ,anita and a few others on here i was told to read this forum today and have enjoyed it very much but please stop saying you are in the know when there was only chris webb and myself at our discussion, and then these silly rumours about an incident please grow up and lets keep football at the forfront so i will finish with this i feel newquay have out grown their set up at mountwise and will always struggle simply because of the travelling they need to do in the higher league, every senior guys team has had to struggle with the same problem when successfull so a move to truro is a brave but much needed step to take and im sure the guys thought long and hard about it but lets get off their backs and support them they have made their choice and i support them for going and troro city for accepting them the one thing i learnt about ladies football in cornwall was it needs to be dragged forward and stop this petty jealousy when clubs become successfull yes players will want to join them and thats how football works , after starting at minor then truro in 3 years we won 9 competions and ended up with 8 county under18s and 3 full county plaayers that people is football always improving never settling for the last result its the next one which is the most important one so good luck newquay i mean truro city i know ill be watching and supporting them and quietly pleased i helped in making a few of the players understand football alan metters

As usual, the tables are being turned so that Truro are made to be the saviours of Cornish football - they are most certainly not !

Newquay AFC members created the Ladies and nutured them until they were in a position to look after themselves. As with all youngsters, they returned 'home' when they needed to (to play matches) and Mother Newquay allowed them the freedom to come and go as they pleased, using the ground/clubhouse whenever they required it.

Here is a story which may or may not be connected.....

The parents were not consulted when the youngster decided they liked the look of the rich flash git in his shiny suit, and got a rude awakening when the announcement of their engagement was published in the local press - lo and behold, they have even got plans to live together without a word to the doting parents who spent much time, effort and money bringing the child up. Im my day, the gent concerned had to ask the permission of the parents for their daughters hand in marraige, now he picks them up like a curb-crawler would a hooker.

Kids today eh !

Do you know what?I just cant believe some of the things that are said on this thread.People were crying out for someone from the N.L.F.C. to come on to the forum and explain why the ladies team were moving to Truro to play,and when the chairman of the club comes on and explains the reasons,which I thought would be obvious to most people,(finance).Some people are still not satisfied even when it comes straight from the horses mouth.

Cant you get it into your heads,that the chairman of Truro City is not a monster,he is helping this team of ladies to play football at the higher level,and thanks to Newquay A.F.C and the hard work that they have put in over the years,i think they deserve it.I think most will agree,to play at this level with all the traveling that is involved they do need financial backing.And by what I have read I think they do really appreciate what Newquay A.F.C. have done for them over the years.So why don't we all wish them the best of luck in there new venture and put an end to all the why's and what for's.

KIT 65.

If it was just financial why not just give them money in the form of sponsorship instead of them going to Truro and changing their name.

They could have stayed at Newquay and wore shirts with Heany's name on them, had his company splattered all over their programmes, boards around the ground, etc instead.

No TCFC always have an ulteria motive, getting funding for their new stadium by saying look we've got a Ladies Football team who play National League football, help us please with grants.

Heany and his accounts have sat down together and worked out it will cost say £30,000 a year to run the ladies team but they can gain say at least £1,000,000 in funding cos of them.

TCFC are not helping Newquay Ladies, it's the ladies helping Truro save a few quid and most people can't see it!

Guest L Binzo

Whilst I would never like to see to see a similar circumstance at any level or gender at my own club.

There is a link (with the Newquay situation) to every level of football (both ladies and mens) in Cornwall as to what has happened.

The Newquay Ladies teams chose to move (though on block) to a club who offered (in their perspective) an alleged better situation. My sympathies are with Newquay.

Every day this happens (unfortunately), on this forum and others we read about so called illegal approaches, players approaching bigger clubs and / or players wanting a game speaking to geographically close clubs.

The only difference (in this instance) is that this is an entire club structure is moving.

Judge, it was not that long ago you were posting on here inflaming the situation at Newquay, you were the only one allowed an opinion on the appointment of the management team, according to you everything at Newquay was undemocratic, now you are spouting an opposite view that structure wise everything in the garden is rosy, obviously it is not and you CANNOT blame Truro City for the failings at your club. You have at Newquay reaped what you have sewn (Unrest).

The Ladies section have done well at Newquay, in fact, they have outgrown you, for them to compete at the level they are now requires vast amounts of money, money that would not be available anywhere else in Cornwall, the move to Truro means a Cornish club can for the first time compete at NATIONAL level, surely those slating Truro City wouldn't like every ambitious club to go into reverse if they are likely to achieve something.

NOT FOR ME POSTING IN RED TO SIGNIFY BULLY TACTICS, POSTING IN RED DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE RIGHT AND THE REST OF US WRONG.

I would suggest inflated MALE ego's at Newquay was more responsible for the ladies move than any influence from Truro.

I would suggest inflated MALE ego's at Newquay was more responsible for the ladies move than any influence from Truro.

Errrrrr nope wrong guess again :P

Even though i am disapointed to see what is a hugely successful team leave Newquay, I wish the ladies and the managment all the best in thier new home. :drink:

I think its very sad that a whole team leave due to money shortage, and still i personally think if Truro where doing this for the good of Cornish football they would sponsor the team not "take" (i use that word very lightly) the team. I'm sure it look better for Cornish football if there was more then 1 Cornish team on the national circuit (not sure if thats the right word). It would give "outside" supporters more then one choice (again just what i think). ^_^

Again i wish the Newquay ladies all the best for the rest of the season and hope they do well at thier new home :thumbsup::drink:

P.S Truro you better look after them or they'll be trouble :P

P.P.S That was a joke before i get loads of hate "your anti -Truro mail" :thumbsup:

I'm not sure which Planet you are from Mountaineer, but I hope that your short visit to Earth is a pleasant one and you have a safe journey home.

At what point Sir, did I say or indicate all was rosy in the garden of Newquay ? I have knocked the committee when I feel they have done wrong and occasionally praised them (ok, very rarely) but this was none of their doing. Newquay Ladies having been courted by Truro for years finally caved in when a great wad of cash was waved at them, everyone in Cornish football knows Heaneys motives, to gain funding and planning permission for the ever decreasing amount of seats at the Cornish National Sports Facility or whatever the name of it is this week.

Truro move for Newquay Ladies is a political one not a footballing one and how many politicians do you trust ?

FYI - the reason I write in RED is all in the name, the large fonts so that those with vision probs can also read my pearls of wisdom - not sure about being a bully, but if I ever meet you, I will take your dinner money !

I'm not sure which Planet you are from Mountaineer, but I hope that your short visit to Earth is a pleasant one and you have a safe journey home.

At what point Sir, did I say or indicate all was rosy in the garden of Newquay ? I have knocked the committee when I feel they have done wrong and occasionally praised them (ok, very rarely) but this was none of their doing. Newquay Ladies having been courted by Truro for years finally caved in when a great wad of cash was waved at them, everyone in Cornish football knows Heaneys motives, to gain funding and planning permission for the ever decreasing amount of seats at the Cornish National Sports Facility or whatever the name of it is this week.

Truro move for Newquay Ladies is a political one not a footballing one and how many politicians do you trust ?

FYI - the reason I write in RED is all in the name, the large fonts so that those with vision probs can also read my pearls of wisdom - not sure about being a bully, but if I ever meet you, I will take your dinner money !

pearls of wisdom,my ass,if you knew what a LOT of newquay,fans and comittee think of you ,you wouldnt go to the games letalone defend them,why dont you just fly back to canvey island,and make LOTS of people happy :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Well blow me, a constructive reply from a so called Truro fan........ No humour on Planet Heaney, just the usual personal attacks when they have no answer to the truth.

Heaney has his agenda and is happy to do anything to get his way. Any newcomer to Treyew Road needs to visit a sheep shearer and have that wool removed from their eyes, the others have been blinded by bull$hit, which explains the stench (of corruption) you can smell coming from that part of town.

Truro City are just a small time Wimbledon, enjoy your days in the sun before you disappear for good.