Cornwall Football Forum

Further to my Retirement(Denis)

I would just like to add that it has truly been a pleasure playing in Cornish football, in the newly established trelawny League but Also in the old Mining/Falmouth-Helston leagues, there will always be a debate on which was stronger but to me they were equally hard and tough.

The clubs I played for in Cornish football were(in no particular order):-

Perranwell Combo and Stiffs/Trispen/St Erme/Carharrack/St day/Hayle Vets(great side and characters) and St Agnes Vets - I would like to add that a certain Mr Rapsey dragged me to all of these and I owe him a debt of gratitude for that(or a Mars Bar).

Thankyou to all who played against me/kicked me/elbowed me/laughed at me in Mining and Falmouth leagues, Gentleman it has truly been a pleasure and i enjoyed every minute(nearly)

Best wishes Denis

Keeper at above clubs( or so they say)!!

Had the pleasure of playing in a few teams with you Den, this current season at St Erme has been one of the best!! It's a shame that you've had to hang up your gloves and you'll be a very hard act to follow for any new keeper!! Thanks for the services over the seasons mate and wish you all the best in your retirement, however we have our end of season do on saturday and you'd better be there mate, As you deserve a good send off!!! All the best mate :drink::drink::drink: