Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results - Tuesday 14th May 2013

goonhavern vs redruth united, abandoned at half time, worst weather i have ever played football in freezing cold, driving rain and galeforce winds on the cliffs at goonhavern yet redruth playing into the wind kept it at nil nil, then at half time our referee and my friend Phil avis couldn't continue as he had mild hypothermia and needed an ambulance calling, it was agreed that Darren would ref the second half yet goonhavern refused to come out for second half obviously not fancying the 45 minutes of hell that we had just been through, were obviously gutted as we need the goal difference, but i really didn't fancy the weather again. hopefully Phil is ok he seemed to be a lot better as i left.

Guest BenTheYeti

Ha ha well sort off! Sadly I'm stuck up In London tmw but I'm sure we will put a decent side out......weather permitting!!!

I was at The Saltings tonight.. made last Thursday look like a summer's day on the beach!

Guest BenTheYeti

Love how we're all talking about the worst conditions ever and all freezing to death...

And it's the middle of May

Newquay 4-0 Madron

Played about 35 mins first half, went in nil-nil, Newquay 4 up after 15-20mins of the second half when both captains and referee all looked at each other in some sort of Mexican Stand off before one piped up with the idea to end the game which was follwed by everyone sprinting (a lot quicker than they did throughout the game) to the changing room abondoning the flags and nets to elements.

Attendance - About 4 huddled in the changing room doors