Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 13th May

Division 5

Storm Reserves 0 (0) Camborne Park 3 (0)

Caught the last 5 mins of 1st half and the 2nd half. Storm worked hard but in the end Park's extra bit of quality saw them through.

was hard fought and credit to storm for frustrating for long periods

scorers

Norfolk 2

Finlay 1

storm 0- park 3, storm laid bodies on line throughout and kept running all day long, lad out wide cowie was leading from the front, and rest team just pressured every park player giving them no time on the ball, in end we created enough and few nice goals were enough to get the job done, credit storm keeper also 2 or 3 top class saves

in our eyes another 3 points, troon tomorrow now, just gotta keep pressure on, great result for gwinear again we for one know how good side mabe are

Any idea if West Cornwall played CSoM today?! says they KO at 10.30 on the FA Website... surely an error?

There game tomorrow against Halstown has been moved to weds 29th May... I fear Div1 may never finish.... Unfair on the rest of the league to have to wait for them, to see what happens with league, some teams have finished their season & have to wait 2 weeks to play CSoM... League should look at this for future years, especially with the weather always causing fixture congestion as it is!!!

Gwinear 2 - 1 mabe, score line really harsh on us as we were the better team playing actual football as much as we could.

I dont like criticising referee's one bit and have great respect for the job they do but tonight was a complete joke. im sorry to have to say this but bar a couple of gwinear players they were reckless and dangerous in challenges and the referee really needed to spot it early and take control but he didnt and this ruined the game for us, seeming to let play run after stupidly late challenges and then stopping play for a little tug whilst a great challenge. Im not saying that were innocent yes we gave away fouls but nothing malicious and was always a hand to shake for an apology.

At the end of the day everyone has work the next day but game in and out there's stupidity on the pitch and tonight was a perfect example of it, ending up with our captain leaving the pitch with broken toes.

Now look forward to a FOOTBALL game against marazion on saturday.

Gwinear Res 2 Mabe 1

Really good game, mabe unlucky not to get something, but we dug deep and got the win. Mabe play really good football. Dont agree with the comments that we were reckless and dangerous. Yellow card was deserved. Ref was Bill Trethewey, thought he was fair and did a great job. Good luck to Mabe for rest of their games, nice bunch.

Gwinear 2 - 1 mabe, score line really harsh on us as we were the better team playing actual football as much as we could.

I dont like criticising referee's one bit and have great respect for the job they do but tonight was a complete joke. im sorry to have to say this but bar a couple of gwinear players they were reckless and dangerous in challenges and the referee really needed to spot it early and take control but he didnt and this ruined the game for us, seeming to let play run after stupidly late challenges and then stopping play for a little tug whilst a great challenge. Im not saying that were innocent yes we gave away fouls but nothing malicious and was always a hand to shake for an apology.

At the end of the day everyone has work the next day but game in and out there's stupidity on the pitch and tonight was a perfect example of it, ending up with our captain leaving the pitch with broken toes.

Now look forward to a FOOTBALL game against marazion on saturday.

And which player was you bud?

I play in goal. You dont have to agree with me everyone has opinions. in my opinion the football should be fun not worrying about being injured and not being able to work to bring the money in to live. were a young side playing against an old side with an experienced ref that should know the difference between stupid and accidental.

Great win for gwinear tonight. Played a good mabe team which were let down by there manager who whinged and moaned all game. If that wasn't bad enough he started swearing at the kids watching!!!! All in all a good bunch of lads. I think there was a good few malicious tackles by your boys tonight aswell. Chin up all the best!!!

Obviously none of Gwinears side work then? Didn't think there was any stupidity there at all my friend, some of the challenges were full blooded yes, but I'm pretty sure your captains toes weren't broken by any stupid challenges fella.

Seeing as your manager and 'assistant' came in and congratulated gwinear on their win and there quest for the league.

Sour grapes aren't attractive. ;)

Well played tho to the rest of Mabe and their management.

mabes goal was an own goal by the defender and that was there best chance after that gwinears keeper didn't have much to do!!! Where as gwinear hit the cross bar three times and missed a few one on ones and the mabe keeper pulled off sum good saves. You may of played some pretty football at times but there was no end product and that's wot its all about ;)

DIV 5

LUDGVAN (3). 10

ST.ERME. (2). 4 Rapsey 22, 74, Williams 38, Jolly 88,

Sorry don't know Ludgvan scorers, there were too many to remember!!! Watched Ludgvan play Storm on Saturday which was a waste of time as they had about six different players tonight!!! To be fair though they were superb although we competed first half they scored three in the first ten minutes of the second half to blow us away!! Good bunch too. Well reffed by Francis Hood? First time I've seen him thought he was excellent. From our point of view we are a pretty old team and we are struggling with injuries quite badly with all the games and had a makeshift side out with a defender in goal. In fact as Nige has already mentioned we can only get 8 "fit" players for Weds night so Andy has I think wisely conceded the points to Gwinear. We thought it was only fair to all the other top sides to do this as we would have got stuffed by a big goal difference no doubt! Hopefully with five days recovery and a couple of players back we will be able to scramble up a team to fulfill our last fixture away v Troon on Saturday. Spoke to Birchy and I think Stithians conceded the points to Marazion as well tonight so it's nice to see we aren't the only team suffering!!! :-(

Frogpool 2-6 Titans

After arriving in sunshine at frog pool it hastened to rain within ten minutes & soaked us all 20 mins before ko, has anyone known weather like this :( After two cup defeats the lads looked tired & to be honest we havent looked a good side since the night we won the league at St ives, So what better place to go than Frogpool & to see my old Mate Nick Malabar, a true stalwart in his own right, 23 years at the helm is quite some achievement & at one club, it was 17 years ago that i played a few games for Nick, i know because my daughter was born on the Wednesday i took my wife home on the saturday at 11 & rushed down to Frogpool & scored 4 against Threemilestone. Oh those happy thinner days :yahoo: well thinner ish :D I personally would just like to say Nick in junior football terms your a legend in my eyes matey, an absolute gentleman with a lovely lady beside you in Mrs M. Couldnt meet a nicer guy, although those shorts........... & running the line............ & biggest shout........that dont happen to me very often :yahoo: Anyway the game kicked off with referee Colin Spence at the helm (top man) even though Nick had bribed him with something :SM_carton_y: cos everytime Nick shouted he winked at him and put his thumb up & tapped his back pocket, i knew then that Nick & him were off to Asda together after. I let this go, and to be fair our lads turned up & we played some very nice football & the titans were back on song, coops drilled one in for 1-0 before stu hull finished a 4 man move to a sweet strike from 20 yds for 2-0 . To be fair to Frogpool 15 mins in both teams could of had a couple of goals each Frogpools just going wide of the posts & our striker Adam Brown got confused between cruyff & crufts when he tried to score a tap in from 3 yds. Needless to say the half ended 2-0, a couple of minutes into the 2nd half & 3-0 again coops was there & picked up 4 on the night, Frogpool got 1 back to make it 3-1 through Nick Lassiter ( think thats right) nice goal actually, hope thats right thats what we put on our 7 day approach letter :yahoo: only joking Mr. M :P After that it was comfortable for us to be fair although Frogpool battled right to the end. Cracking team, with a quality manager at the helm , i salute you Mr, M. As for us a 29 game unbeaten run in the league with Culdrose this saturday. Can we achieve it ??? :unsure: Cmon lads.

Trelawny Premier
Penzance Reserves 1-2 Constantine

Penzance bowed out of the Premier League in a game that even their opponents said they should have got a point from. A wonder, once in a season strike, and 89th minute tap-in from a block were their undoing after going one-up just after the half-hour.

The game starts at quite a pace as both sides are full of youngsters but soon settles down to Penzance pressure but with Constantine dangerous on the break.
A Penzance corner on the right is knocked over to the center of the 6yd box where a strong header bounces off the bar with the keeper beaten.
A couple of Constantine long balls rerust in corners but nothing comes of them.
On 35mins the Magpies go ahead when they drive right, Harry Corin steps in down the channel forcing the keeper out. The keeper drops to block the shot, but Harry sidesteps him, runs in and slots the ball low into the net at the near post, past two defenders.
The game evens out until the 44th minute when some Constantine pressure sees one of their players half turn and put in a looping high volley from all of 35yds that drops into the back of the net. Like I said, a once in a season strike against your club. A really good goal, dammit!
H-T
The second half is much different to the first as Penzance do their usual thing and start to play deeper and deeper. No matter the urging from Silky, who was standing in for Tiffer, old habits die hard.
Constantine start to have the best of the game but can't really get through the Magpies 7 man defense. A low shot is grabbed at the bottom of the post by the Penzance keeper.
As time goes on, and with nothing to lose apart from pride Penzance push forward and are caught on the break in the 89th minute. Constantine break right, square the ball for a shot the keeper blocks but as has happened all season the following striker is first to react and knocks the ball in from 8yds to make it 1-2 and deny the home side at least a deserved point.

Match facts
Fouls conceded: Penzance 16-9 Constantine
Corners: Penzance 2-7 Constantine
Attendance - 25

Goodbye to everyone in Trelawny Premier, a few good times, made some friends and we hope as a club we made a good impression on and off the pitch. We hope that everyone who played at or visited Penlee Park enjoyed their visit and wish us luck for next season.
It has been tough for us, both sides.
Below is a quote that one of our players James Oakley put on his face book page last night

"Unlucky end to the season tonight for the reserves but I'd like to say thank you to everyone at the club for their support this season. A great club, great structure and huge heart!! It's not been the easiest season for everyone both on and off the pitch yet we've been through it all together which is something a lot of clubs wouldn't have managed.
To have both teams complete the full compliment of fixtures this season looked unlikely 10 months ago but it's a huge achievement and testament to everyone involved this year. I'm glad to have played a part in this chapter of the club's history."

It didn't start well with our first team managers walking out before the season started without having a squad in place.
Out first team suffered having to start and play most of the season with last year's reserve side meaning we in the Reserves had to make a team up as we went along and that cost us dearly as we got hammered week in week out, and then players left because they didn't want to be part of a losing side.
Hopefully things will now settle down as we find our level and as Arni says "We''ll be back!"

Stithians could not raise a side for game versus Marazion as informed Sunday and yet the game has been rearranged. How is this possible. On the Trelawny League Tables on the Full Time website league rule 10a(ii) states games ordered in April/May must be played or lose 3 points and fined £10. This game was an ordered game that has been fixtured for weeks. Can anyone explain how suddenly it has been rearranged as of today.

Division 4

Redruth Athletic 10 - 0 Wendron 4ths

Quite a surprising scoreline but suggests the game was much easier than it actually was. Wendron played some quality football throughout the game and were the better side for the first five or ten minutes, with a goal ruled out for an obvious handball. Atheltic picked it up form there and were merciless, 5- 0 up at half time with an all out attacking performance, and holding there own when Wendron tried to reply. Second half was much of the same, Ben Beesley scoring his 33rd goal of the season about a minute into the second half. A double from Jon Ayres, one from Alex Burgess and Bens 34th goal wrapped it up.

Pleasure to play Wendron, who kept going despite the scoreline and gave it there all.

Seems wrong Dan!?! When you consider Marazion had 9 points taken off of them for an admin error at the beginning of the season which has ultimately cost them the league, they cant even get the 3 points that are fairly owed to them!! Im sure there must be some mistake? We actually cant raise a side for tomorrows nights game at Gwinear and i notice they have already been given the points which is obviously a fair system. :mellow:

Yeah trust you to get there for that mate! Missed me two goals! Worse than my mrs she always misses my goals and gets there just in time to see me miss a sitter usually!!! :D Got to be honest i didnt even see it until it came out the pack and it was on my foot at full stretch before i knew it so you just get something on it, you got no control where it goes!! i wouldnt expect a keeper to understand Dan!!! :mellow: Must admit it was probably harder to miss, been hell of a clearance if i was a defender!! Congrats on a great season so far bud, carrying on the famous Birch name :thumbsup:

Thanks for the congratulations rappo on our season ure goal scoring record sure hasent changed much at all still banging them in amd have yo no mr rappo i was there before kick off and seen both ure goals although now you got me talking about the game i do remember in the 1st half with the score 1-0 ludgven u was played in on goal only to look like u had boots of bananas on as wen u pulled the trigger it seemed to end up almost out for a throw and u was only 18 yards and keeper to beat haha :D

Thanks for the congratulations rappo on our season ure goal scoring record sure hasent changed much at all still banging them in amd have yo no mr rappo i was there before kick off and seen both ure goals although now you got me talking about the game i do remember in the 1st half with the score 1-0 ludgven u was played in on goal only to look like u had boots of bananas on as wen u pulled the trigger it seemed to end up almost out for a throw and u was only 18 yards and keeper to beat haha :D

Im the mabe coach yeah i like to have a moan to the ref and the team we are playing but its no different to way other teams do as for the ref he was shocking and aloud things to happen but without him we wouldnt have played the game gwinear are a strong side that used what they got to get the result so fair play to them im sure the will meet a team that are just a strong as them in the future as for sour grapes why would we be its a game of football !!

Im the mabe coach yeah i like to have a moan to the ref and the team we are playing but its no different to way other teams do as for the ref he was shocking and aloud things to happen but without him we wouldnt have played the game gwinear are a strong side that used what they got to get the result so fair play to them im sure the will meet a team that are just a strong as them in the future as for sour grapes why would we be its a game of football !!

Stithians could not raise a side for game versus Marazion as informed Sunday and yet the game has been rearranged. How is this possible. On the Trelawny League Tables on the Full Time website league rule 10a(ii) states games ordered in April/May must be played or lose 3 points and fined £10. This game was an ordered game that has been fixtured for weeks. Can anyone explain how suddenly it has been rearranged as of today.

Mr Giant.

I believe that it is simply an error. As secretary of stithians I received the computer generated email today informing me that the game had been rearranged. I have emailed gerald to let him know that a mistake has been made. As you rightly state the points should be awarded to Marazion and I'm sure that this will be the case.

Hope this helps to clear this up!