Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Fixtures & Results - Tues 14th May

As nobody from Falmouth Town has bothered to inform anybody, i will do it !

Falmouth Town V Mullion is, apparently, being played at Dracena ave on Falmouth Athletics ground with a 18-30ko !!!!!!!!!!!!

Same last week no contact or kick off time !!

I have to say, how disrepectful i feel this is towards Mullion FC. Most clubs look forward to their fixture at Bickland Park & i know a couple of the younger lads in my side have never played there. Falmouth didnt even bother to ask us if we were prepared to play elsewhere, they just told us when we rang to confirm the fixture last week !

When we said we were not happy with this, they ran to the combo league, who of course, sided with the big boys !!!!!

But then, they are FALMOUTH TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I could,nt agree with Kev Richards more!

When Falmouth Ath applied to join the combo league, I attended the meeting and Falmouth Town (namely Steve Rose) made it quite clear that Draceana Avenue was NOT fit to play senior football on. mainly because of the many teams that played there,the amount of dogs poo, and that it was a public playing field and also was a groundshare with Falmouth Albion, the secretary of Falmouth Town also said that dugouts had to seat 8 although this is NOT in combo criteria, the pitch was to be roped off and much more.

If I was Mullion I would ring the secretary of Falmouth Ath and enquire whether they are allowing the use of the dugouts and the equipment to fence off the playing field, i,m sure the answer to this will be no if they have been contacted at all! Dyl

With budgets cut dramatically, town officials still choose to play at Draceana which will get them no gate monies, also it has been said in the past that the pitch is very expensive to hire

Are Town really making any headway to the future when it would have been much simpler to have started work on their pitch two days later (well 1 day later as nothing has been done on it to-day) Dyl

Nothing done on towns pitch again to-day i work just up the road so pass it twice a day. Was it so important to start work before the season had finished?

Just thought I would say that the groundsman was there with tractor and trailer on Monday removing the grass and buck land park now looks like a ploughed field.

Maybe other peoples pitches could look the same if they played elsewhere and started on their pitches maybe in jan/feb at the agm you are told when your season starts and finishes (all fixtures to be completed by the 31st May) your pitch should be available to both your first and second team untill both their seasons have ended basically you are looking after a Trelawney league side playing in swppl step aside and let Sid Taylor bring his mighty Helston to Bickland Park afterall they are capable of plaing at that level unlike Falmouth