Cornwall Football Forum

ecpl supplementry cup final

Knowing Bere like I do, I honestly think they'd have been better off playing Parkway as over the years in the ECPL they haven't carried the mantle of favourites very well (last two away trips to Lanreath too readily spring to mind).

Saying that, although the League table doesn't lie and Bere's form is (as always) way too inconsistent, on their day they will have far too much class for Bodmin.

Since the Semi-Final, with the exception of the draw against Torpoint, Bere's results have been pretty awful and since becoming safe from the threat of relegation it would seem that they are putting all their eggs into one basket (i.e. the Final).

Bodmin's win against Parkway was even more of a surprise than Bere's at Bude so just because they are mid table in Division One doesn't mean they should be taken lightly and I'm sure Westy and Wheels will do their utmost to guard against complacency and get the Bere lads in the right frame of mind.

Bere's problem this season has been scoring goals and if Bodmin keep it tight and turn it into a bit of a scrap they'll have a chance but if Simo, Brayer and Jason Cordice all play like I know they can then there'll only be one winner and as stated above......that's Bere!!

Good luck guys!! :drink:.

3 1 to bere. bere could have scored two early on then bodmin took the lead great strike from outside the box and could of gone two up but jack Dixon made a good save and bodmin ended the half on top second half one way traffic cordice with two and follett with the other fair result in the end

First 20 mins was a bit scrappy with Bere squandering a couple of half chances then Bodmin went in front against the run of play with a great strike from the No.7 and could have increased their lead but Jack Dixon made a decent save from a close range header.

With both sides struggling to take control of the game, Bodmin just edged the first half and went in 1-0 at the break.

The first 30 mins of the 2nd half was one way traffic and Bere deservedly drew level when Jason Cordice broke clear before clipping the ball round the Bodmin keeper for a neat finish.

With one or two tackles starting to fly in Al Johns did well to keep a lid on things and with five minutes to go (plus stoppages), James Follett raced onto his brother Dan's through ball to slide the ball home and give Bere the lead.

Bodmin were unlucky to see a 35 yarder come back off the cross bar and in the dying seconds Jason Cordice sealed the win for Bere when he again raced clear to finish with aplomb.

All in all 3-1 may have been a tad harsh on Bodmin, but as I predicted last night it was that extra bit of quality going forward that won it for Bere.

Forgot to say big thank you to both assts, Steve Box, club asst for Bude and Tony Bristol, club asst for Tavistock. These were selected for being the topped marked asst in the East Cornwall Leagues by the referees. Both were first class on the night and a mention to Tony who caught a BUS from Plymouth to get to Launceston for the game. Who said nobody is dedicated these days !