Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - W/E 11/12th May 2013

Please post on this thread your results, goal scorers and attendances please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

11th May 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Brett southerland, Steve Owen, Quaid Saunder) 3-3 St Just (Darren Steadman 2, Tim George)

Att - 20

Falmouth Town Reserves (Joe Perrin) 1-4 Ludgvan (Gerens James 3, Jack Ramsey)

Att - 219

Hayle Reserves 0-2 Goonhavern Athletic (Andy Morris, Sam Waters)

Att - 25

Mullion (Rob Carey, Chris Blee, Luke Hunter) 3-1 St Ives Town (Tristan Lambert)

Att - 30

Pendeen Rovers (Jack Willis, Ashley Ellis) 2-0 St Agnes

Att - 65

Troon (Ashley Smeeth 4) 4-1 Holman SC (Michael Goldsworthy)

Att - 39

Wendron United (Ben Ambrose 2, Tom Langford) 3-3 RNAS Culdrose (Scott Higgins, David McPhee, Martin McBeath)

Att - 12

Sunday 12th May

Evely Cup (Penryn 3pm)

St Day v Polperro

Att -

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 34 27 3 4 108 39 69 84
2 ST DAY 35 25 3 7 137 57 80 78
3 LUDGVAN 36 25 2 9 130 61 69 77
4 PERRANWELL 34 23 4 7 91 40 51 73
5 PENDEEN ROVERS 34 21 7 6 92 48 44 73**
6 MULLION 36 17 6 13 96 87 9 57
7 ST IVES TOWN 33 15 11 7 78 54 24 56
8 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 17 3 13 72 69 3 54
9 ST JUST 33 16 4 13 73 65 8 52
10 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 34 15 5 14 69 58 11 50
11 ST AGNES 32 13 6 13 58 55 3 48**
12 WENDRON UNITED 34 13 7 14 63 61 2 46
13 RNAS CULDROSE 34 10 9 15 71 78 -7 39
14 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 12 5 17 74 99 -25 38*
15 TROON 34 10 2 22 66 93 -27 32
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 34 9 3 22 60 130 -70 30
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 36 8 4 24 55 111 -56 28
18 HAYLE RESERVES 37 7 6 24 48 109 -61 27
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 32 6 6 20 51 88 -37 21*
20 HOLMAN SC 37 4 4 29 45 135 -90 16

Youth team presentation day according to Andy Westgarth.

Original attendance was given as 150 but when the youngsters parents came in, plus the people who came to watch Ludgvan the gate man counted 219 through the turnstiles.

I have been told it is double the highest attendance the first team achieved.

I guess it just proves that head counts are by no means an accurate way of suggesting what the match watching attendance of a match is! Falmouth Town, with an average attendance of 40 before this match, today have one of 219, but with people there for a different reason! :ninja:

Hayle 0-2 Goonhavern

Much better team performance from us today after Tuesday's embarrassment.

Andy Morris scored a bullet header from an Ian Gosling free kick in the first half.

Hayle came into it more in the second half. Sam Waters sealed the win with a last minute 'tap in'.

Game was well reffed. All the best to Hayle. Pitch was in great condition too.

Great result for Mullion today against St Ives! Both teams played good football as much as possible! Highlight of the game was Luke Hunters wonder strike for the third! How far out was it trig? Will let him elaborate, all he is talking about! Great end of season run for Mullion though finishing strong and looking to start the next campaign the same way!

30 yard screamer for Hunter today for Mullion. #hescoreswhenhewants

I saw that. Went through the net and into the garden behind. When the ball was retrieved the ref discovered the ball had been popped. Great goal to round off a display from the young lad Hunter

Sorry, I've been up the Underlane practicing my kicking and roll outs against the infamous Wendron wind.

In what was quite possibly the worst goalkeeping display since Barthez's offside appeal, Wendron somehow kept the score down to 1 nil at half time, that goal been conceded after about roughly 7.5 seconds. To be fair; the kicking Wendron's dark, tall and handsome goalkeeper wasn't that bad, just the wind was horrendous, meaning that we were under relentless pressure.

We had one chance after a great ball from Allen, that Langford just poked wide.

The second half saw Culdrose continue to play decent stuff, and increased their lead through a controversial goal. We should have cleared our lines, but after the goalkeeper caught the ball his arm was pulled back, to be fair I don't think it was deliberate, but it resulted in the ball being dropped and stabbed home.

Wendron then came back into it, after a well taken Langford goal and one from Ben Ambrose, both after good work from Timmins. Ambrose then scored his second direct from a free kick to complete the comeback and put Wendron 3-2 up.

With minutes to spare though, a corner from Culdrose gave them the opportunity for them to overload the box and a free header ended up in the top corner for the game to finish 3-3.

So, to answer your question CTB, Tom Langford and Ben Ambrose x2 were our scorers. Att about 12.

Sorry, I've been up the Underlane practicing my kicking and roll outs against the infamous Wendron wind.

In what was quite possibly the worst goalkeeping display since Barthez's offside appeal, Wendron somehow kept the score down to 1 nil at half time, that goal been conceded after about roughly 7.5 seconds. To be fair; the kicking Wendron's dark, tall and handsome goalkeeper wasn't that bad, just the wind was horrendous, meaning that we were under relentless pressure.

We had one chance after a great ball from Allen, that Langford just poked wide.

The second half saw Culdrose continue to play decent stuff, and increased their lead through a controversial goal. We should have cleared our lines, but after the goalkeeper caught the ball his arm was pulled back, to be fair I don't think it was deliberate, but it resulted in the ball being dropped and stabbed home.

Wendron then came back into it, after a well taken Langford goal and one from Ben Ambrose, both after good work from Timmins. Ambrose then scored his second direct from a free kick to complete the comeback and put Wendron 3-2 up.

With minutes to spare though, a corner from Culdrose gave them the opportunity for them to overload the box and a free header ended up in the top corner for the game to finish 3-3.

So, to answer your question CTB, Tom Langford and Ben Ambrose x2 were our scorers. Att about 12.

I spoke to a chap who was watching the game and he was down on holiday.It was his first trip to Wendron and he thought the set up at Wendron brought great credit to the club.

Nice cameo performance by MJP.You can't beat experience.

Hayle 0-2 Goonhavern

Much better team performance from us today after Tuesday's embarrassment.

Andy Morris scored a bullet header from an Ian Gosling free kick in the first half.

Hayle came into it more in the second half. Sam Waters sealed the win with a last minute 'tap in'.

Game was well reffed. All the best to Hayle. Pitch was in great condition too.

thanks for the comment about the pitch and great humour about the tap in from your own half after a free kick from our keeper disapointed after our second half performance and personally thought we deserved a draw but goals win games and we could not break your defence down in the second half .must say in the 1st half your football was very good and we tried to much high ball and your defence must have had the easiest 45 mins for a long time so good luck for the rest of your season and fingers crossed that we will be able to play you next season in the combo league and agree with you about the ref

Troon 4-1 Holman Sports Club

Att 30

Holman Goalscorer

Mike Goldsworthy

Sorry about the delay in the match report a self inflicted bang to the head and scabbed up left hand at midnight on Saturday which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any alcohol being excessively consumed and the complete gyro failure that causes a close up view of the pavement outside my house is not the reason I'm writing it now....honest!

Well the hope of climbing through a tunnel named Harry and nicking a motorbike and trying some barbed wire fencing jumping lasted all of 4 days after the surprise win over Goonhavern on Tuesday night. Knew it wasn't going well when Taskys on the phone at 8am complaining of lack of players. With hat trick hero Dahni out due to work and a number of others crying off due to cricket 'thanks for the commitment lads' we still managed to scrabble a side together and turned up at a windy grouter park and was greeted by a smell emanating from the changing rooms resembling the contents of Chinners kit bag which hasn't been washed since pre season 2009!!

Against the wind 1st half things started pretty well and once again we took the lead after Billy Wizz Mike Goldsworthy put the Troon defence under a bit of pressure won the ball and took us 0-1 up....sadly that was as good as it got and Troon equalised 10 min later. Jase then got injured....again!!!! And kind of clicked his knee out luckily using my extensive knowledge gained from watching ER and Casualty I pretended I actually had a clue kicked him in his one remaining bollock to divert the pain away from his knee and straightened his knee out clicking it back into place......job done :-)

Selley then had time to miss a penalty the horses ass which would have given us the lead at half time but sadly we went back to breathe in chinners kit bag at half time all level. For a side hanging on to their combination league fingertips we had a bit of the Italian armed forces about us 2nd half and surrendered pretty early on and it was quite frankly a bit poor really. A mixture of being unfit and not good enough probably didn't help and once Troon took the lead their was no coming back and apart from a couple of headers on goal from set pieces we never troubled the Troon goal. Ashley 'tom daly' Smeeth got 4 goals one of which was a penalty (take note Adam!) although to be fair it was me that gave it away (dubious to say the least) and Troon were worthy winners which leaves us with one game to play and resigned to bottom place...rubbish :(

So one game left down at the saltings on Tuesday night which will be our final game after 9 years of combo. Would like to have left the club in a better position but sadly not to be but I'm sure the new committee along with the players will be striving to do well in the Trelawny premier next season....I'm off to put a plaster on my scabbed up hand and some frozen peas on the bump on the side of my head!!!