Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Premier Divsion Programmes 2012-13

As the standard of match day programmes in the Premier Division is generally very good, I thought some members may interested I have received at least one programme from each club this season with one exception which I will refer to later. I would like to thank all club secretaries who have usually sent me a copy fairly promptly, some needed polite reminders as for all I included a £1 cost plus large sae. Special thanks to Darryl Stamp & Peter Beard of St Austell and Mike Odgers who have also obtained copies for me from some clubs which haven't been too helpful in the past.

A number of clubs have taken advantage of programme sponsorship and consequently been able to produce a superb programme. Whereas some clubs due to limited resources have had to rely on a "One Man Band" but still have produced an excellent programmes e.g. Witheridge. As the resources of some clubs are limited I have not been too critical.

THE BEST

BODMIN TOWN - Consistently a programme of the highest quality, professionally produced, abundance of statistics, photographs and plenty to read. The club even produced a worthwhlle programme v St Austell at less than 24 hours notice in the January bad weather.

NEWQUAY - New to the Division. a very impressive programme of high quality of presentation. Very comprehensive - plenty to read. A class act.

TAVISTOCK - Another quality programme. Superbly presented and in colour throughout, it is very eye catching and comprehensive in content.

VERY GOOD

ST AUSTELL - This programme contains a comprehensive shell with an upto date 12 page insert. It has full coverage of 1st & 2nd teams, match reports and plenty of background information. Well edited by Steve Bullen.

CULLOMPTON RANGERS - A great effort from Cully. Excellent glossy presentation, detailed statistical coverage of all levels of the club. A great club programme.

WITHERIDGE - A little gem, one of my favourites is "The Withy". A worthwile read and well presented. Well Done Withy.

SALTASH UNITED - As always a creditable programme, well presented and great cover.

TORPOINT ATHLETIC - Robbie Morris continues to produce a worthwhile programme of which he is proud. Interesting and a good read.

FALMOUTH TOWN - A well produced programme does not reflect the financial problems of the club. Good coverage of all club teams insluding the Ladies !

ST BLAZEY - The same worthwhile format of previous seasons , a comprehensive readable issue. Good cover picture of Blaise Park.

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY - Excellent cover with four pictures of Bolitho park. Good use of photos and interesting review of previous matches.

GOOD

IVYBRIDGE TOWN - Good cover in club colours showing new stand. Good pen pictures of players, could do with results & fixture lists.

LISKEARD - Similar format to previous seasons. Improved reading materail and use of SWPL website statistics.

LAUNCESTON - Well presented, includes all usual statistics, good coverage of visiting team, needs more reading material.

SATISFACTORY

LIVERTON UNITED - Basically a brief 4 page insert inside a glossy 12 page shell.

ELBURTON VILLA - A good 8 page insert inside a 16 page Black & White shell. Can't complain for 50 pence.

PENZANCE - Unfortunately the financial restraints of the club have prevented the superb issues of the past. Now a reasonable 12 page issue.

BOVEY TRACEY - Not the glossy issue of the past, obviously cost cutting has impacted on this issue - reasonable but looks to be photo-copied.

and finally-

CAMELFORD !!!! Unable to review their programme as their secretary despite receiving £2 and two saes and polite remiders all season from me has not bothered to send me a copy, I feel this is a poor show from a club of Camelford's standing. I understand that it is a 4 page insert iside a 12/16 page shell. I would like a copy from somebody please, I'm prepared to pay cost & eclose a sae !! - Wishful Thinking ? Contact me at nickhone@hotmail.com

Hopefully some members have found this survey of some interest and I haven't sent too many of you asleep.

Looking forward to next season, Nick Hone.

Thanks Mr Midlandlilywhite , I took over the Plymouth Parkway program at the start of this season . Despite a chronic lack of computer skills on my part , I've tried my best to put together something that is worth buying and flicking through at half time .

The photo's are the work of Dave "Lidds" Liddicoat , the man who enjoys showing off his very large lens at every Parkway match . He also runs the excellent "Liddsonline" (http://liddsonline.blogspot.co.uk) website. It's a real treasure trove of Plymouth Parkway photos and news that goes back to the 2007/8 season .Big thanks to him as well for being the bloke who does the leg work of going to the printers on a Tuesday afternoon or Saturday morning to pick them up .

Thanks Mr Midlandlilywhite , I took over the Plymouth Parkway program at the start of this season . Despite a chronic lack of computer skills on my part , I've tried my best to put together something that is worth buying and flicking through at half time .

The photo's are the work of Dave "Lidds" Liddicoat , the man who enjoys showing off his very large lens at every Parkway match . He also runs the excellent "Liddsonline" (http://liddsonline.blogspot.co.uk) website. It's a real treasure trove of Plymouth Parkway photos and news that goes back to the 2007/8 season .Big thanks to him as well for being the bloke who does the leg work of going to the printers on a Tuesday afternoon or Saturday morning to pick them up .

Well done for your hard work in producing a worthwhile programme.

Thank you very much for your kind words Midlandlilywhite it's much appreciated. As you have noted The Withy programme is produced and printed completely by myself & the better half in our conservatory with a home PC and Printer. Trying to keep a programme fresh and not print the same mundane stats and facts every week is hard work but comments like yours make all the hard work worthwhile.

Thank you very much for your kind words Midlandlilywhite it's much appreciated. As you have noted The Withy programme is produced and printed completely by myself & the better half in our conservatory with a home PC and Printer. Trying to keep a programme fresh and not print the same mundane stats and facts every week is hard work but comments like yours make all the hard work worthwhile.

Thanks NDD. I do enjoy reading your programme, you and your "better half" do an excellent job, a great way to serve your club. Hopefully meet you one day.

Many thanks for your kind comments Midlandlilywhite about the Bodmin Town AFC programme for the 2012/13 season. We have tried over the last few seasons to produce a programme that contains relevant and up to date information and it is pleasing to know when the work involved is appreciated.

Many thanks for your kind comments Midlandlilywhite about the Bodmin Town AFC programme for the 2012/13 season. We have tried over the last few seasons to produce a programme that contains relevant and up to date information and it is pleasing to know when the work involved is appreciated.

Thanks, I never received the reprinted programmes v Gornal & Ashington that Nick Giles promised me. Also have you any of the recent special one left ( was it v Parkway or Ivybridge ?). Quite happy to cost + pp. Contact me at nickhone@hotmail.com Thanks.

Nick sorry you did not receive the programmes that you were promised, but Nick Giles did post them to you some time ago, so they must have been lost in the post. We have your address, so will forward the two FA Vase programmes again as well as the special one v Plymouth Parkway. There will be no further charge for these. Thank you again for your interest and apologies for not receiving the programmes you asked for.

We have also sent you an email to confirm the above.

Following my programmes survey posted on the Forum last week I have just received some Camelford programmes, thanks Hilary for sending them. The programme is a well presented 28 page shell with an attractive cover in club's blue colours and the club badge. Inside this is a brief 4 page insert for the particular match, I feel this could be improved with an 8 page insert including updated results, tables brief match reports of all the club's teams which reflect the community aspect of the club. The SWPL website has been used by a number of clubs as a useful source of information in their programmes. A reasonable programme.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed our programme at Newquay AFC.

Which copy were you sent?

It was the home match v St Austell in January Tom, one of our better efforts I thought. Midlandlilywihite is a St Austell supporter who collect all his clubs programmes home & away, I understand Bob sent a copy up to our friend in the Midlands. Well done again Tom, you have certainly helped improve the Newquay programme, as the saying goes, I couldn't have done it without you.