Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney results 7th may

Another action packed game for the Stiffs today! Game almost didn't go ahead as the pitch was unmarked, nets were split and not tied down etc and a bit unorganised if I'm honest... But, it got sorted so the game went ahead :)

Stiffs were 7 nil to the good by half time with some fantastic build up play for almost all of the goals. Second half exactly the same with the stiffs not giving Penwith any respect in front of goal. The league could be won on goal difference so we had to be in form in front of goal. That's 27 goals in two games! A fantastic effort. Unlike the storm game at the weekend, our opposition did not cripple and fall out with one another, they battled to the end and didn't stop trying to go at us!

Huge game for us on Thursday, cup final against Recruth Reserves! I really hope we keep our form going into this game.

A mention about the referee today. Superb. Allowed play to flow and in my eyes, almost all of his decisions were the correct ones. He got a bit of stick from a few Penwith players which wasn't really fair if I'm honest. He was a young chap and we have all certainly had worse! Crickey, look at the guy we had in the middle against Storm! A good effort from the young chap!

Goalscorers:

Duane Britton 7 (1 was an OG but he's claiming it)

Dave Bartlam 3 (7 assists also)

Frankie Fletcher 3 (a brilliant finish for his third

And Nick Troon (worked so hard throughout the game and fully deserved his goal).

Motm was Frankie

A huge shout out also to our defence, absolutely superb today, protecting our keeper from the off.

I see in the Premier that Threemilestone lost.

No room for error now if they want promotion.

I couldn't make it tonight, but looking on the full time site, i seems so.

Constantine 3, Threemilestone 2.

Two cup finals now or we are relying on others to trip over each other. Looks like st keverne and st agnes the main opposition for 4th place.

DIV 5

TREVENSON (0) 0

ST.ERME (2) 3 Rapsey 22, 84 James 37,

Not the prettiest game ever to be honest. Windy, bumpy, physical, pretty even contest but the difference was we had James Howman at the back who was the best player on the pitch by a mile tonight. Trevenson were young quick and fit and we are probably the opposite of all that but kept the ball better. Trevenson had as much of the play but our defence were in good form organised by Jay and didn't miss a thing and Den had a quiet night. We probably only created about six chances all night and luckily three went in. Not a game that will live in the memory for long I shouldn't think!!!?? :-(

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Madron 1 - 2 St Ives Reserves

Match report tomorrow for 2 reasons.. 1, I've been watching a film all night (twas crap) and 2, a certain someone demanded I had a match report up on the forum by tonight.. so I'm clearly laughing in the face of danger of being dropped by going against the gaffer's orders.. but all will be explained tomorrow as to why he is so eager for me to write a load of nonsense on here...

Madron 1-2 St Ives Reserves

Madron scorer: Dan Bower

I thought we (madron) battled very well against a very good St Ives team and it looked as if it was going to finish a draw but St Ives scored the winner in the last 5 minutes and we just couldnt find a way back.

Both keepers didnt really have much to do as both sets of defenders worked there socks off defending and the ref allowed the game to flow well and not blowing for stupid fouls.

Well done to St Ives and good luck for your remaining games

Frogpool 3 -2 Culdrose

Watched last ten of 1st half & 2nd half pool 1-0 up half time, then 2 mins after half time culdrose centre half kicked the ball so high i couldnt see it, came down edge of pool area and there 9ft built like me but not as good looking centre forward just stood there while it flicked off the back of his head and rolled 18 yds into the net,may have something to do with the pool keeper no where to be seen as well. Culdrose then took the lead before the good looking frog pool manager in sexy shorts made a few subs. It was just what the doctor ordered as a quality diving header (really was )made it 2-2 , Culdrose were under a lot more pressure and finally a ball was crossed in to see the Navy mens centre half i believe may of been captain hook it in his own net. Final score 3-2 to the Mallys. crowd 25 1 homeless with a bottle of meths, two kids dragging a dog, one swing swinging, and who nicked the bloody roundabout, i loved that roundabout as a kid. :thumbsup:

DIV 5TREVENSON (0) 0ST.ERME (2) 3 Rapsey 22, 84 James 37,Not the prettiest game ever to be honest. Windy, bumpy, physical, pretty even contest but the difference was we had James Howman at the back who was the best player on the pitch by a mile tonight. Trevenson were young quick and fit and we are probably the opposite of all that but kept the ball better. Trevenson had as much of the play but our defence were in good form organised by Jay and didn't miss a thing and Den had a quiet night. We probably only created about six chances all night and luckily three went in. Not a game that will live in the memory for long I shouldn't think!!!?? :-(

watched the game, not the best footballing game but experience told in the end

good luck to Gwinear Res on Thursday night too, hope you win the first trophy for div 5

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Madron 1 - 2 St Ives Reserves

With the prospect of 3 or 4 games in 8 days, and the first team playing back in the comforts of TR26, Dagger's spent the last few days frantically flicking through his little black book, and we managed to cobble a squad of 14 together, which included the man himself on the bench.
The pitch was looking in good shape, but what no one realised is that the grass had been removed and replaced with green coloured tarmac, so needless to say even the football was looking bruised at the end of the match.
The opening 15 minutes were pretty cagey, with the ball spending most of it's time in the Stratosphere, and a couple of shots from distance from the Madron number 2 straight at him between the sticks were the only noteworthy moments.
We started to get a bit of a foothold in the game, with the returning Ginger Berbatov partnered in midfield by Jack "Hugo" Lorys, getting a bit of time and space, and working the ball wide to Old Man McWilliams and Chris Holgate. Madron were giving stern resistance though, especially in the aerial challenges, but it was the aerial route which brought our first goal.
After several corners had been well defended, a delivery to the near post pitted a 6ft Madron defender against 5ft2 Hugo Lorys.. and there was no contest as the gymnast himself leapt as if dismounting a pommel horse to ram a header home for his first goal for the club. Naturally, a fitting celebration was in order so 17 hand springs and a somersault later, he was done.
The goal seemed to really open the game up, with Alex Brown doing a great Billy Whizz impression as he bore down on goal, only to be thwarted by a fine save by my opposite number, and down the other end, the Madron number 2 and number 5 (surely at the wrong end of the pitch with numbers like that..) were causing us problems, and forcing The Yeti to tip over a deflected shot and kick one away like a true hockey goal keeper.
HT 0-1
The second half brought more of the same from both teams, but I was the busier of the two keepers as Madron through everything at us, with my middle finger extending like Inspector Gadget's just enough to tip a header over the bar.
We were failing to heed the warnings, and even with The Fridge coming on in centre mid to even up the average height somewhat, we were still sloppy in possession, and Madron got a deserved equaliser with 70 minutes gone.
After the midfield tried to thread the ball through the eye of Tinkerbell's needle, Madron broke quickly and substitute Dan Bower found himself in space in the box. Just to make it easier for him, I got my angles more wrong than a broken protractor, and he fired home at the near post.
From being 1 nil down, Madron almost snatched the lead straight away, as more lacklustre play allowed a shot from the edge of the area, which I was glad to see follow the rules of gravity down the slope and narrowly past the post.
However, this seemed to have a nice see-saw effect on the game for us, and Alex Brown once again fired up the jetpack to race through on goal, and breeze past the keeper. Unfortunately, one of the Madron defenders must have been hiding behind the post as he came out of nowhere to make a goal line clearance. The screw was firmly being turned now as we went in search of a needed winning goal, but claims for a penalty from a handball only led to the Ginger Berbatov going redder than his hair, and thus catching the ball like a seasoned goalkeeper as Madron tried to clear.. needless to say, we didn't get a penalty, and Madron got a freekick.
The manager was getting desperate now, and once The Fridge had sent another trademark freekick towards some cows in a field 2 miles away, he'd seen enough, taking off Chris Holgate (whose Justin Bieber haircut was clearly affecting his ability to head the ball) and Macca, bringing on 2 games a season Charie Symons, and even more alarmingly, himself!
This nearly paid dividends straight away, as Charlie fed the ball out wide, and the resulting cross led to a free header being expertly tipped over by Dan in the Madron goal.
With the clock running down towards Ferg.. oh wait, can't call it that anymore... stoppage time... a frustrating draw for us and a hard fought point for the home side looked on the cards. But the manager hadn't brought himself on for nothing...
Fake Tan Curnow won the ball at centre back, and suddenly decided enough was enough of playing in his own half, as he charged through the middle, a pass to The Fridge was quickly laid into the path of James "Slo-Mo Walcott" Dagnall, and with Jake screaming from the return pass, the gaffer showed us all how it should be done by calmly taking a touch, and rolling a pass through to the Ginger Berbatov, who luckily fended off the still rampaging Curnow, and smashed a shot into the far corner.. which led to the strange situation of the goalscorer celebrating on his own whilst the team mobbed the manager...

Not a great game really, but that led to quite a few chances, and bearing in mind both teams were rather depleted, I think a draw would have been a fair result, but for the last 15 minutes where we finally got it together

Excellently well refereed by Francis Sampson as always

I shall no doubt return tomorrow, as silly season is in full swing and we have Culdrose at home