Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Tuesday 7th May 2013

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

7th May 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Andy Watkins, Quaid Saunders) 2-3 Troon (Darren Browning 2, Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 12

Falmouth Town Reserves 0-5 Perranwell (Lee Hazeldine, Matt Rose, Jimmy Thompson, Luke Brabyn, OG)

Att - 24

Goonhavern Athletic (Paul Robertson) 1-5 Holman SC (Dahni Harvey 3, Jason Blight, Charlie Tasker)

Att - 15

Illogan RBL (Luke Wort, Simon Carter, Adam Calloway) 3-6 St Day (Danny Ford 3, Shane Richards 2, Martin Day)

Att - 60

Mullion (Alan Thomas 4, Dan Thomas) 5-0 St Agnes

Att - 30

Penryn Athletic Reserves 0-1 St Just (Stuart Nicholls)

Att - 30

RNAS Culdrose (???) 3-1 Wendron United (Paul Murray)

Att - 6

St Ives Town (Martyn Harding 2, Sam Twyford) 3-3 Newequay Reserves (Sam McKune 2, Alex Cole)

Att - 23

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 34 27 3 4 108 39 69 84
2 ST DAY 35 25 3 7 137 57 80 78
3 LUDGVAN 35 24 2 9 126 60 66 74
4 PERRANWELL 34 23 4 7 91 40 51 73
5 PENDEEN ROVERS 33 20 7 6 90 48 42 70**
6 ST IVES TOWN 32 15 11 6 77 51 26 56
7 MULLION 35 16 6 13 93 86 7 54
8 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 17 3 13 72 69 3 54
9 ST JUST 32 16 3 13 70 62 8 51
10 ST AGNES 31 13 6 12 58 53 5 48**
11 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 33 14 5 14 67 58 9 47
12 WENDRON UNITED 33 13 6 14 60 58 2 45
13 RNAS CULDROSE 33 10 8 15 68 75 -7 38
14 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 33 12 5 16 73 95 -22 38*
15 TROON 33 9 2 22 62 92 -30 29
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 33 9 2 22 57 127 -70 29
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 36 8 4 24 55 111 -56 28
18 HAYLE RESERVES 36 7 6 23 48 107 -59 27
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 32 6 6 20 51 88 -37 21*
20 HOLMAN SC 36 4 4 28 44 131 -87 16

I thought I would pop ova to watch the so called two best sides in combo an I gota say there was only one team out there for me!! St day player for player way superior, lot hungrier obviously we all no illogan will go on to lift the trophy but next year when st day team got a season under there belts an I'm sure mat an andy will add a few I gota say I fancy them to win more then the combo cup next year!!! All the best for Sunday aswell st day

Penryn 0 St Just 1

Penryn started well and put the Tinners under some pressure in the first half. Stu Nicholls's well worked and taken goal, when it came, was slightly against the run of play I felt.

At half time St Just went in one nil up.

In the second half Penryn piled on the pressure and created a number of good chances, but, shooting boots had been left at home. Liam Wallace in the Tinners goal made a number of good saves and as the game progressed one had the feeling that St Just might just get all the points. Good defending by the Tinners kept Penryn out and in the end their dogged resistance payed off. Three good points Tinners and up another place in the table. Well done lads ! :yahoo:

Goonhavern 1-5 Holman Sports Club

Att 15

Holman Goalscorers

Dahni Harvey (3)

Jason Blight

Charlie Tasker

Well finally after 36 games it seems to be all clicking into place!!!..........I will be back in a minute just going out to shut the stable door whilst I chase after shergar which bolted way back in January!!!!

Usual chaotic Tuesday night preparations for an away game. I had to pretend my car was a minibus due to being the sole transport at the club for picking up at 5pm....we are going for the most people in a telephone box record next week, I then went to pick Bobby up from work only to be told he wouldn't finish work till 5:30 so had to con his boss (ex holmans legend) that I will buy 4 new tyres off him tommorow to let him go early!!!!! £400 does that count as paying players??? To be fair all 4 tyres are balder then a badgers ass so maybe I got a bargain!!

Usual calm not breezy in any way evening at Goonhavern and we had gone for our now customary total football bare 11 line up! Who says we need rolling subs in the modern era??? Aaron's gone AWOL again but bens skinny brother and Dahni were back. Good to see Gozzy line up for Goonhavern especially with our special talent of never giving free kicks away on the edge of the box...much! plus he's about two months older then me so wins the oldest bugger on the pitch award :). We were a bit late turning up due to some bloke setting his car on fire at Radnor which I was devastated about as the warm up took another hit for the 9th month in a row!!!!

Much tactical debate ensued over playing against or with the wind and having decided to go with it and especially afterJase gobbed off he hadn't lost the toss in 5 matches you know where this is going!!!..........playing with the wind 1st half Goonhavern were stroking the ball around nicely and we were scurrying around like the Scotland football team playing Brazil in the 78 World Cup! Luckily the Holmans lads were in the mood.....for dancing and romancing (sorry getting carried away that's a nolans song) we were actually working pretty hard and then hitting the home side on the counter and lo and behold we took the lead through Jase following a clever free kick from Selley 0-1 up doesn't normally last but strangely it did and then we had the audacity to slot another through 18 year old Dahni Harvey (more from him later) so now 0-2 up I'm waiting for the donut challenged Lisa Riley to stick her head round the corner for a new episode of you've been framed but thankfully it was all legit Half Time 0-2

Tasky gave some some inspirational words at half time along the lines of don't "fudge" this up you can replace "fudge" with another word but will leave it to you imagination and obviously made no substitutions due to slight lack of any and we kicked off....Goonhavern then promptly camped on the edge of our area for the next 10mins like they were attending a musical festival at Glastonbury without the mud (pitch was rock hard...blisters ouch!!) toilets and rubbish indie bands no ones heard of!!....and then we went and scored again through Dahni 0-3! And soon after manager Andy Taskers boy Charlie or kevin the teenager as we affectionally refer to him as got a well deserved goal in his best game in a green shirt to make it 0-4.....obviously wouldn't be Holmans without a minor wobble for 1-4 but then Dahni poached his 3rd for a hat trick to make a truly remarkable 1-5 win!!! I know I was gob smacked too and I played in the bloody match!

So a surprising 3 points and still not officially dead and buried yet as all we have to do is hope Newquay don't win anymore games and we win ours but if the boys from the surf dude city get 1 draw we just have to score 50 goals..........yeah think I might just enjoy the moment but shut the the stable door and let shergar enjoy the sunshine :) :)

Guest BenTheYeti

"If" Holmans stay up, imagine the final match report of the season.. it'll be nominated for a Screenwriters Guild Award..

God knows who you've got last game of the season.. sure they'll give you an easy game...

Wendron visited the Base yesterday evening with a depleted squad meaning we had to have two young, up and coming players on the bench. Club legend, Josh McDonald, also got his first start since under14s; Peter Cockrell deputised admirably at centre back.

This was a really entertaining game. Both teams looked to get the ball down and play, I don't remember one hit and hope in the whole game. There was some good football on show, Culdrose scored a screamer through their number 6. Ball fell kindly and he struck it sweetly into the top corner on the volley.

Culdrose looked impressive on the counter, the white Usain Bolt on the right gave the rotund McDonald problems. He was impossible to mark as he hadn't a clue where he was running, so neither did the left back.

Wendron passed the ball confidently and effectively, just lacking a killer instinct. Cockrell and Moseley strong in defence whilst Allen and Barnicoat bossed the midfield.

Culdrose increased their lead in the second half when Bolt's deflected shot past Manley in the Wendron goal to squirm into the net.

Manley then broke his finger nail (#pray4manley) meaning that McDonald donned the gloves.

The unknown Paul Murray came on upfront for Wendron, when his header cannoned off the crossbar he followed up to fire home. Wendron created some other good chances and played in some great deliveries but couldn't level.

After pulling off some wonder saves (as described by the crowd and opposition) inspired by the likes of Colin Tresidder, Ian Carpenter, and the like; McDonald then let in a simpler shot inspired by the likes of Scoffy.

Good game and good lads, well reffed too.

Look forward to the return fixture this Saturday at The Underlane.

Wendron visited the Base yesterday evening with a depleted squad meaning we had to have two young, up and coming players on the bench. Club legend, Josh McDonald, also got his first start since under14s; Peter Cockrell deputised admirably at centre back.

This was a really entertaining game. Both teams looked to get the ball down and play, I don't remember one hit and hope in the whole game. There was some good football on show, Culdrose scored a screamer through their number 6. Ball fell kindly and he struck it sweetly into the top corner on the volley.

Culdrose looked impressive on the counter, the white Usain Bolt on the right gave the rotund McDonald problems. He was impossible to mark as he hadn't a clue where he was running, so neither did the left back.

Wendron passed the ball confidently and effectively, just lacking a killer instinct. Cockrell and Moseley strong in defence whilst Allen and Barnicoat bossed the midfield.

Culdrose increased their lead in the second half when Bolt's deflected shot past Manley in the Wendron goal to squirm into the net.

Manley then broke his finger nail (#pray4manley) meaning that McDonald donned the gloves.

The unknown Paul Murray came on upfront for Wendron, when his header cannoned off the crossbar he followed up to fire home. Wendron created some other good chances and played in some great deliveries but couldn't level.

After pulling off some wonder saves (as described by the crowd and opposition) inspired by the likes of Colin Tresidder, Ian Carpenter, and the like; McDonald then let in a simpler shot inspired by the likes of Scoffy.

Good game and good lads, well reffed too.

Look forward to the return fixture this Saturday at The Underlane.