Cornwall Football Forum

Congratulations to Godophin Atlantic - Cup winners May 6th 2013

Congratulations to Rob Moss and his team. Game started off very slow the first half but Godolphin came out fired up for it the second half and got what they deserved. All the hard work from the whole club has really paid off in recent season. I for one would like to see them get promoted to duchy prem this season and support their first team.

Well Done

It was a very exciting game and very well attended by the supporters of both sides. I felt that Newlyn edged the first half and deserved to be in front at the break. The G started the second half at a greater tempo but didn't capitalise on the pressue they put the Newlyn defence under. Newlyn then hit the post which could have been a turning point. With 15 minutes to go Josh Fearon chased a lost cause but won the ball and scored with an excellent finish from an acute angle. 5 minutes later and Brad Collins? hit a speculative shot from 30 yards but unfortunately Liam in goal made a serious misjudgement and allowed the ball in at the near post. In the dying seconds Liam went up for a do or die corner got his head to the ball but it was cleared off the line. I think it would have been hard on either team to have lost this game but sadly for Newlyn that was the case.

I must say that I have witnessed bot G teams over the weekend and everyting about the Club is positive and buzzing. The 1st team played some outstanding football and scored some truly spectacular goals on Saturday. The will to win and never say die effort from the Reserves was there to see yesterday evening. A great example of what success a Club can achieve with the right people all pulling together in the same direction.

A massive congratulations to Derek Martin (and his team) for all that the G has achieved so far this season. I wouldn't bet against the Reserves getting promotion either.

Sadly the other Club in Newquay is a million miles away from the success the G is currently experiencing on and off the pitch.

What a night, took a little while to get going but got there in the end, many thanks to St Newlyn East and there supporters who along with the G Army fans made it into a cup final that will not be forgotten in a long time.

The G are really heading in the right direction and have been ever since Dereck Martin took over as first team manager, the atmosphere is amazing and it's great to be a part of it.

The main thank you from me and Dave must go to the lads, they have worked so hard this season and have shown so much passion, grit and determination. I really believe that with hard work to the end of the season we will be playing in the prem next season.

Come on the G