Cornwall Football Forum

Liverton v Falmouth

Just a squad of 12? Packet said that Falmouth require a more indepth squad, next paragraph says the future of Richard Kellow at the club is in doubt due to him giving cricket priority over football. Fact is everyone in local football knows that Richard plays cricket beginning and end of every season surely getting 25 games mid-season out of him is better than travelling with a bare squad?

What's happening at Liverton? They went from losing 13-0 to Bodmin, to winning 5-0 against a decent Torpoint side to now losing 2-0 against Falmouth who have been struggling (no disrespect intended, and I wish you all the best on getting the club back on its feet). Have the players that apparently 'went missing' against Bodmin returned, or are Liverton still fielding their 2nd team, and if so, how did they beat Torpoint 5-0...?

From what was said when they made their trip to Bodmin they had 12 or so players boycott the game due to `behind the scene` reasons then they had a change of heart during the week and returned for their home game on the weekend in which they inflicted a drubbing on Torpoint 5-0. Was suprised by todays result, well done Falmouth along way to go on Holiday Monday but agood victory away from home. Is that both sides seasons fixtures complete now?

We've still got one to go. Bovey away! Should've taken the tents & camped on the moor until Saturday!?

The reason we had just 12 today, is because 2 pulled out last night. Nothing to do with alienating anyone, as some local experts seem to think.

Liverton had most of the side that came to Falmouth a few months ago. A good performance from our lads today, and a deserved hard fought win, on a rock hard pitch. Thanks for the hospitality from the people of Liverton FC. We had a good laugh in the club, before and after the game. Nice people, who obviously work very hard behind the scenes.

Also played for Liverton,Joe Bushin the this seasson striker for Tiverton Town and now Paulton Rovers in the Southern League.

Very disciplined show by Falmouth, every one did their job supporting each other.

Agree with Robbie good hospitality a very friendly bunch.

Met up with Bideford legend and Ex Falmouth player Russell Petersen who played in the 5 epic F A Cup ties 1973 (Falmouth v Bideford 3-3;1-1;2-2;2-2;1-2 Home Park).

Heard from a local at Liverton they may make a request to demote to the SWPL Div1 as there is no prospect of having lights up in near future-maybe idle gossip.

My only new venue this season.

We've still got one to go. Bovey away! Should've taken the tents & camped on the moor until Saturday!?

The reason we had just 12 today, is because 2 pulled out last night. Nothing to do with alienating anyone, as some local experts seem to think.

Liverton had most of the side that came to Falmouth a few months ago. A good performance from our lads today, and a deserved hard fought win, on a rock hard pitch. Thanks for the hospitality from the people of Liverton FC. We had a good laugh in the club, before and after the game. Nice people, who obviously work very hard behind the scenes.

Not alienating anybody - really !!! Not what some are saying. Came to the club to help out when it was falling down around their ears, now his future's being decided, think he's already decided that one.

The boys are slogging their guts out to preserve the name of Falmouth, what do they get ??? we will bring new faces in for next season - thanks boys - but - we don't need you next season. To coin a well used phrase - take the positives out of that !!!!

Everyone knows that new faces are required next season. We need depth, and availability for a complete season, not just when it suits them. I appreciate some players can't always play every single game in a season, but they should be commited for as many as possible, I always did as a player & I expect that from a player as a manager. We do appreciate what support we've had from players in what has been a very difficult season, but we're not slating anyone by saying we're going to bring in players for next season. We haven't said there are mass changes on the horizon, just a strengthening of our squad, as most clubs do in the close season. No manager would be doing their job properly if they didn't look to add to their squad, no matter where the e finished in their league. To say we're being detrimental to our existing squad is pure rubbish.

Everyone knows that new faces are required next season. We need depth, and availability for a complete season, not just when it suits them. I appreciate some players can't always play every single game in a season, but they should be commited for as many as possible, I always did as a player & I expect that from a player as a manager. We do appreciate what support we've had from players in what has been a very difficult season, but we're not slating anyone by saying we're going to bring in players for next season. We haven't said there are mass changes on the horizon, just a strengthening of our squad, as most clubs do in the close season. No manager would be doing their job properly if they didn't look to add to their squad, no matter where the e finished in their league. To say we're being detrimental to our existing squad is pure rubbish.

Well done Robbie and to to everyone involved.

Will there be a Falmouth Town next season ?

are you suffering with sunstroke Al or are you just plain stupid? Falmouth Town will have football teams next season. Yesterdays game saw a determined Falmouth Town side work really hard and above all,enjoy the game. Was really warming to see approx 10 fans make the away trip and they were justly rewarded with a good performance. The hospitality was superb.

Fair enough, until your last sentence. Best of luck from me anyway. :mellow:

Problem being Rob you never played cricket,Richard is an excellent cricketer and a very decent footballer he chooses to play cricket as his main sport, however why should he be reading in local papers that his future is in doubt when as a club you should infact be saying that if the cricket is rained off you are always welcome to give us a ring and we could possibly give you a game.Is Lee jeffries future with the club in doubt as he chose to join the Navy and is not available every week? If as managers you are going to be this choosey you will be in the same position next season. Get the players at the club for a trial good or bad and select from there as theolderiget said if they can only make 1 game and can help you out have them not turn them away

I don't think that letting us know that you're going to play cricket at 10.45 on the morning of a game is very helpful at all, whether you're a top cricketer or not, I personally don't follow local cricket, and couldn't tell you the first thing about it, I want people to put Falmouth Town first, as I did when I was a player & that's that as far as I'm concerned! Dave Wadd didn't like you to play football other than for Falmouth Town, even though it was on a different day! Ask Kev Miller? Lee Jefferys is in the Navy, you know that at some point he'll get a draft, as does every Naval player at some point. He did tell us straight away that he'd been drafted, not a few hours before kick off! He was also gutted that he was going to miss the remainder of the season. I've had numerous Naval players play for me over the years, George Pattison included. Being in the RN is a job, and you have to accept that their job comes first, and I don't have a problem with that. Playing cricket locally is not a job, and whether anyone is a top local cricketer or not, I personally expect playing for Falmouth Town to be anyone's priority, I don't think that's unreasonable, and I don't give a hoot what you, or TOIGTBIW thinks, as I think you're just out to have a pop at whatever you can, with regard to anything we do? It really doesn't matter what you say, we've doubled the points tally from when we took over, and considering we've done this with a number of first team players leaving to play elsewhere, followed by a mass exodus of the Combo squad, do you really think your bitter opinions bother us that much? Have Newquay or Wendron really set the world alight in their respective leagues this season, with a number of players from both our sides? Have they doubled their points tally since we've been here? Probably not, and certainly not under the duress this club has been put under. We know who you are under your silly little names, as do most people locally, I just wish that it was compulsory to post under your real name, then it may well stop half the stupid posts on here!? Other posts have even questioned if there will be a Falmouth Town next year? Let me tell you this. Falmouth Town have far more assets than most clubs in the county, the ground is still the envy of the SW, especially when you see what will happen to it during the close season. There are a number of issues being addressed, that will put this great old club back in the upward assent, I'm not saying it will hit the heights that it has been at overnight, but as I've already said, it will climb back slowly, but surely, some knockers might not like that, but they're gonna have to live with it!

Robbie, you have made some good points, and once again I wish the great club that is Falmouth Town, every success in rebuilding and getting success in the future. It will come back, local football seems to go in cycles, and players will eventually come to you. During your very long posts you tend to have a dig at some anonymous people, and at some clubs, you also pose some questions! I don't know about Newquay but I can talk from a Wendron point of view, we are not having a very good run at the moment and we are going to work hard, just like you will at Town to try to change this. Congratulations on your achievement of doubling the points total in nearly 30% more games than the previous regime. In answer to your question, at Wendron during the same period we have increased the points total by 150%! We are not happy with our achievement! Why don't you stop looking back in anger and look forward to a bright new future, I wish you and Les and all at Falmouth Town all the best. Paul Murray.

For someone who doesn't give a hoot what others think, you certainly go to great lengths to explain it all !!!!!!!!

Nothing bitter in my posts, passing on what others say, and what I think - that's all. I have said best of luck to Falmouth all along, but you seem to miss that, so, I'll say it again - best of luck to all at Falmouth. Its gonna be interesting next season.

I did smile at the bit "we know who you are" interesting - do you - do you really ?????? Many posts ago , I did say, walls have ears at Bickland. might pay to have a look closer to home.