Cornwall Football Forum

Well done Combo committee

Newquay will be fine they will load up with first teamers to get them safe, and then struggle again next season, and then load up with first teamers again, and so on and on!! this will bring the standard of the league down with teams struggling every season only to be dug out with loading up towards the end of the season, let the cream rise to the top rather than prolonging the inevitable, again!

Nemesis, as you very well know, 8-10 days after your 1st team conclude their fixtures they can play as many as they like in the combo. Your false ignorance does you no favou

I think you'll find some of Newquay's 1st are ineligible as they're signed for other combo teams. Magee and Devine at Ludgvan spring to mind.

Sorry Mike, but not all Newquay SWPL squad, what is left of it, are signed on Combo forms, from memory, we could put out a SWPL XI However, all of these players would have to be fit, available and agree to play. As the SWPL side on Saturday had to call upon a Reserve player & a Combo coach who had only recently joined the club, and not played a competitive match in 12 months, the likelihood of getting more than perhaps 5 players are limited.

If and/or when Penryn, Porthleven, Hayle, Falmouth Town or Newquay choose to use SWPL players, I assume that you will knock them all equally. However, you are currently taking your concerns about 1st team players out on Newquay, if you don't like the rules, tell the Combo League !

Nemesis, thats not my point here. I have no problem with current rules. My problem was you trying to mask the fact that if you so wished and had enough signed on for combo you could in fact field a SWPL 11 in the majority of remaining combo fixtures. Not the "3" you would have us believe.