Cornwall Football Forum

Promotion to Combo..........

Well having watched Redruth United on Saturday and speaking to officials at the club they fully intend to go up. Just need the council to sort the goal posts out. Might want to check another grapevine......

i also spoke to a few of them who passed on this.......

If Redruth don't go up to combo it won't be there decision or through lack of ambition I wouldn't have thought. More than likely down to the state of the pitches at calijah. The pitches could be really nice up there but never maintained. The pitch they want for the combo in my eyes is the one that needs the most work but is the only one that meets combination football criteria ie disabled access to the pitch, some sort of path to the pitch

I think there are too many clubs in the Combo league !! nothing against ambition to progress up the league structure just

with the bad weather we have had the last few seasons most of us usually have a quarter of the season to play in May..

Having spoke to Darren yesterday I was truly inspired by what he and his committee are doing to promote Redruth United to senior status. He sacrificed himself as first team manager for the greater good of the club. Great reserve team. That is what you call ambition. Puts my club to shame. Very envious.

Guest BenTheYeti

Football in (West) Cornwall needs more clubs with this kind of attitude. Yes, there are lots of clubs who have tried and are on the way back down, much to the amusement of some on these forums

But clubs like St Day, Wendron, Redruth United and TMS should be applauded for their efforts in bringing the highest level of football possible to their players, fans and local community

I think there are too many clubs in the Combo league !! nothing against ambition to progress up the league structure just

with the bad weather we have had the last few seasons most of us usually have a quarter of the season to play in May..

Couldn't agree more Kempy, 20 clubs at this level is too many - 18 clubs would be more manageable. Can't deny Trelawny clubs promotion on the other hand. If the bottom 2 Combo clubs at the end of 2013/14 are relegated (regardless of Trelawny clubs being promoted) and subsequent seasons until the league reduces 18 clubs it would seem fair. Would need this to be proposed and voted at the AGM.

Paulo , I can say one thing having managed two combo teams in my time I'd rather go to clijah with a combo side than st Ives that pitch is like playing on the beach. Great changing facilities but a joke pitch for senior football. Clijah is no worse than some others to.

Another not at the greatest level of pitches is perranwell

Perranwells pitch does have a massive slope .. but why did i want to play on it all my playing days ? ... being a Perranwell boy i suppose ?

Constantine also .... Maybe the good teams that we have had over the years and the success for a small village club plays on the minds

of visiting teams . Never an easy place to go ..... not just because of the pitch . :c:

Another not at the greatest level of pitches is perranwell

Perranwells pitch does have a massive slope .. but why did i want to play on it all my playing days ? ... being a Perranwell boy i suppose ?

Constantine also .... Maybe the good teams that we have had over the years and the success for a small village club plays on the minds

of visiting teams . Never an easy place to go ..... not just because of the pitch . :c:

True.

if!! Redruth utd. do play on the top pitch there is a slope beside the speed bumps that you could get a wheel chair up with help. Or at the far end of the pitches you can get in from the road. Apart from the grass being too soft for the wheels I see no other problem. good luck to them Darren and the team have done the groundwork ,graft and time :drink::c: