Cornwall Football Forum

Stuart Dudley leaving Saltash United

Really surprised that there have been no comments relating to Stuart Dudley leaving Saltash United. One of the nice guys in local football and will be sadly missed. Thanks for your time and effort Stuart.

Here is the question, who will be the new manager at Saltash United next season?

I heard Tom Kelly may be offered job as well down in St Blazey today. Stuart is an excellent Manager and nice guy. He also had a good assistant in Martin Burgess what will he be doing? I thought Dudley and Burgess were staying together taking on Tavistock next season as Southcott is also packing up?

I thought Lee Hodges may go for the job

I'll be coaching MAP u10 next season, been doing both badly for last few months. As I said when leaving Torpoint, I have many other commitments and ended up at Saltash in a joint manager capacity after being talked into it well after confirming to TAFC that I'd be stepping down. That has ended now, due to unforeseen circumstances and I don't have the time or capacity to do both, so an easy decision as my son plays for the MAP team.

Good luck to the clubs I've had the privelidge of being involved with, Parkway, Wadebridge, Torpoint and Saltash. I've made many friends and have a massive amount of respect to the few behind the scenes at all of those clubs who do so much, may your futures be full of success and I'll be delighted to catch up with old friends next season in a neutral capacity.

There are lots of things I won't miss, from Tuesday nights to Penzance in August and too many games in not enough days, to the lack of respect from the usual numpty's, but overall, a positive experience and mostly happy memories of winning, enjoying and doing a hobby that has kept me sane through some very tough times.

Good night and good luck

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Stuart all the very best for the future. I know that the decision to step down was taken with a heavy heart but family must always come first and MAP under 10's will benefit from having such a positive footballing education with Stuart at the helm. Thanks Stuart for getting me back involved after my turbulent time at Liskeard. Top man.

Saltash are going through a transitional period with a newly appointed chairman and now a new manager for next season. Hopefully, with exciting times ahead. I'd love to stay on at the club and assist with the side but ultimately that decision would be down to any new manager coming in.

Saltash Utd are a great club to be involved with so I'm sure there'll won't be a shortage of applicants.

There is probably a host of names who could be connected with the position at Saltash United. Would Kevin Hendy still be connected in a way with the club, as his position has not been mentioned.

Names I have heard mentioned, but not by the anyone connected at Saltash United are-: Phil Bayliss, Alan Carey, Steve Massey, Graeme Kirkup, Bobby Oaten, to name a few. Could well be total "gossip" or could be some truth, I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Word is that mr carey interviewed for the position, then after talking with his usual crop of players, they declined to travel the distance and he then relinqished the opportunity maybe concerned he wouldnt be able to attract players, Also afew of the saltash guys repordidly refused to work with him..??

No,i Heard he (carey) was sniffing at mount wise, please god i hope our commitee has the savy to see through him. Impossible for you all to be wrong!! think it would ruin any chance of a local culture again at the club. Just bring back Trevor Mewton for one last dance!!

Pastyman you arel right with what you say my my reason for a u turn was because I had some bad news to do with my partners health.

I did want to take the job and no I did not speak to any players about it,

With regard to some of the comments on this forum about me I would say this I am not responsible for Falmouth Town position There have been issues for lots of years.

I did not leave Falmouth because if the budget I left because I could not work with one of the Ltd company directors this person is also the reason why a lot of good people have left the club .

I never wanted to leave but had no choice.

I wish Saltash and Falmouth well for next season

Was really impressed with the guys at Saltash

Very true pastyman, best wishes to him. A current player at Saltash told us he approached players regarding joinig the club but due to its geographical location many judged it to far to travel from the depths of the far west of cornwall!? So who will be the man plotting Saltash title challenge next season, trying to dethrone the mighty Bodmin Town...

Very true pastyman, best wishes to him. A current player at Saltash told us he approached players regarding joinig the club but due to its geographical location many judged it to far to travel from the depths of the far west of cornwall!? So who will be the man plotting Saltash title challenge next season, trying to dethrone the mighty Bodmin Town...

Good question. I thought Steve Massey may be someone who might be interested in becoming the new manager, but I believe he is now involved at Truro City.

I guess the committee at Saltash United are eager to find a suitable replacement for Stuart Dudley and will be working hard behind the scenes. No doubt we will known in the coming weeks.