Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Newquay Thread - debate on not fulfilling fixture 4th May 2013

We can't even put our first team out for SWPL games, it is unlikely we could do it for a combo match, on what is yet another Bank Holiday Weekend. Anyway, thank you dr.dre for your sympathetic view on the matter, I'm hoping that we will have gained enough points before your visit for the game not to matter.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this Newquay s fault? Surely its the managers fault if his side can't raise a team? Players play for managers.

Didn't flack have this problem at Penzance at the start of the season?

Also why is Jim trying his best again to raise a team for the 2nd team when he's the 3rd team manager? Surely flack should be trying his best?

Only one person to blame here

As a coach who has just started working with flacky and Newquay combo side, I find some of the responses on here a little bit presumptuous and distorted. From what I've seen over the last few games the availability of players has been a massive issue, we only had bare 11 against wendron last Saturday. Flacky is constantly let down at the 11th hour by players, why my guess is that firstly some players have been allowed to pick and choose when they play with no real consequences because we need numbers and secondly the hearts gone out of some players because of league position which happens.

The SWPL side only had a bare 11 playing yesterday including one reserve player and myself the reserve coach. It's not an ideal situation for the club. To ease the burden I even tried to get the league to allow myself to register so that I could play if needed.

My apologise to Pendeen, there's nothing worse than having a game cancelled the night before.

I feel that some changes are needed to the structure of the sides and the progression of junior to senior football, maybe something more inline with an academy would suit newquay with their vast amount of junior sides, but that is not for me to say.

These are just my views as a new arrival to Newquay AFC and Cornish football

I personally think its embarrassing that a club the size of Newquay are unable to raise a side.Now i agree Pendeen will play Newquays 1st team. if the league have any sense they should award Pendeen 3 points deduct Newquay 3 points and if they do play any 1st team players in the other games Newquay should be deducted any points won.This would stop this end of season unfairness which does go on, other clubs have been guilty in the past eg Penzance and Porthleven.

They won't play the first team will they as your only allowed 3/4 first team players in the side is my understanding of league and FA rules, as for deducting points for playing first team players how does that work when no rules have been broken, you may deem it unfair as I have in the past when being on the receiving end, but it is part and parcel of non league football and will be till the rules are changed.

Unfortunately whilst reserve teams compete in the combo the use of 1st team players is always going to happen. It should also be allowed to happen. 1st teams should have the option of calling players up when required and drop players down.

The question is what is a 1st team player? After 4 years in the Newquay 1st team I fell out of favour and began playing for the reserves more than 1sts and it was always said after any game we won that Newquay used 1st team players when infact that season I played more for the reserves! Was I still a 1st team player??

Now playing in the MFA and Evo Stik league there are reserve leagues where there are reserve teams which avoids all this problem of first and reserve team players. Is such a league sustainable in Cornwall though?

Complete agree Dudas I've just come from Poole Town FC where the reserves compete in the Webern combination league a league solely for reserve sides from the Wessex premier, Evo stick southern and blue square south. The reserve side is integral to allow academy players time to adapt to senior football and progress and also give injured/poor form players time to regain fitness and form, they also allow first team managers the chance to view new talent as well.

From what I've seen in Cornwall it could be possible to run this type if league although distance for games would be considerable plus most games in these leagues are mid week to allow players to be drafted in and out of sides on a Saturday.

Well a lot has been said about this game not going ahead and I think we can all agree that Newquay has received its just punishment and rightly so. This is a humiliation the Club will find hard to shake off. However some of the rubbish that has been posted on here is frankly embarassing. What on earth is me (3rd team manager) watching cricket at Newquay got anything to do with the Reserve team not fulfilling a fixture.

Also I am a bit disappointd with some of Codey's comments. Dan, whilst you may or may not be correct in what you say about some of the players who have playd for Premier Sixes, most of those players you mention will have played for Newquay at Youth level for a considerable number of years. Let's not forget that.

Jim I have always waived 7-days if a club comes in for as player and they want to leave. Some so and so at Newquay enforced it when players wanted to leave and had the managers blessing (Andy B), and then they sign 2 of our players without a 7-day approach. That is my gripe with Newquay. Any former youth players we have played in Men's football have come directly TO US and asked to sign, (Josh, Jordan, Cam, Joe) rather than going to NQY first. This is also the case with a number of other guys I see each Sunday who play for St Mawgan, St Newlyn East etc etc

For what it is worth, looking from the outside in. It appears Newquay have put far too much reliance on the youth coming straight through into men's football as all the local players from 18-30 who could do a job for them at combo - SWPL standard are playing for all the other clubs in and around Newquay. I don't follow much Peninsula football other than looking out for how the Godolphin are doing, but it seem's most of the first team are brought in from outside Newquay with the other 3 teams being mainly made up of youngsters who would struggle at this moment to play at SWPL standard. If that is the case it cannot be of benefit to the first team who have to pay ££ to attract the right level of non-local players in (while the G have the probably bar Middsy and Wheldhen the best players in the town). Leaving little in the way of back up in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams.

• 2 weeks later...

i absolutely love the tosh that some so called " i do this i do that" aficianodos pedal on such subjects

the end of the day if a team playing at level 12 cannot raise a side at any time of the season there is something deficient

especially when that team is part of a club have 4 senior sides (thats men and under 18s playing so called junior or senior leagues)

especially when said club has a so called capable secretary who portrays a superior being status of all rules regulations and rosta needs

especially when that club has a football director who supposedly is the most competent in the land by far

and especially when that club has the biggest gate and club/ bar revenue and sponsor in the county

the reality is

newquay had the best manager in glyn hooper a level four eufa coach with a technical knowledge capable of league football , who guided newquay to promotion and mid premier division table ( thats swpl premier division not premier league like some turnips like to flower)

hoops has now left

newquay had phil lafferty , whilst not the most universally admired , but a highly capable coach manager motivator and above all he hot players and retained them by his own means

laffs has now left

newquay had robin watt , a level three coach with the best man motivational and pastoral ability in the county as well as a top coach and guy who loves football

robin is as far as i know left newquay

newquay had steve flack a level two highly expirienced ex pro and potential leading manager who toiled with no assistance of rosta in the combo

steve is as far as i know departing

newquay had a fine rosta of players who showed great potential after rising through the ranks and showing willing to move onto first team football

newquay had a fine rosta of senior expirienced players from cornwall and devon who knew their stuff at premier or higher

newquay had a fine rosta of senior stalwarts of newquay old who maintained their alliance when hoops was brought in

what do newquay have now?

well the first team finished an admirable mid table in their first premier foray in the clubs history which should be a starter for greater alliance?

the seconds who could go down because of points deducted for failing to field because they didnt have enough players to call upon?

a third team who did fantastic under jim hiltons stewardship and a forth team who got by

now unless someone at the club actually wakes up , the knowitalls will get their way and the reserves will go down and next season will be as appealling to sponsors and staff as chlamidiya ( any one who actually knows the spelling must know the condition so please dont be tempted to point it out)

the conclusion would start with asking alan yendl why he left and then tracking down every youngster who left before elevating like jack bray did

newqyay has lost far too many young quality players yet kept its head firmly in the sand as to ask why incase someone is offended

we this is football and if you are easily take up macrame

the fact is certain characters who fall into the "i do this i do that " catergory know zip about football whilst purporting to know all

jim hilton is a football man , his son cuts pro am league in america , his team of youngsters finished 5th against teams often of men bigger than cornish hedges , he never stops works tirelessy and never says " i do this i do that"

roy, made yhe ground good, al and don ran the bar, G stewarded matches, gunner washed carried and laid out kit and then collected balls, big bry organised balls and nets and grass, nige served buttys and teas , paul aided the bar , roan was mascot and helped coaching , a long list of folk who didnt have titles just did shit without the big i am

then coaching staff coached in crap weather all winter travelling hundreds of miles paid by themselves to assist in results as well as nurturing and aiding young players and comforting old

so the conclusion is anyone at newquay who failed to retain attract assist reform aide guide reassure and develop players to fill the rosta to field a team to play a game is guilty of failing the club and cullpable for its demise

in particular the possible relegation of the reserves out of combo to face an enorormity of return because the rosta wasnt forseen as deficient and players missed signing deadlines or left because they were treated like crap or neglected misunderstood misinformed or misguided

newquay is deficient of adequate DIRECTION and in that word i would point the fingure at anyone with a befitting title , in fact if FLY BE had a director of flying comparable bristol airport would look like a warzone

call me old fashioned but everyone who can kick a ball is important to a football club

jo sweet as important and tom blackler

bryan picoto as important as danny brook

you never know when you need heart when youre out of guns

and contrawise old crippled players who bully the crap out of youngsters and are allowed to get away with it even after so many leave complaining of it , well they are about as required in a club as people who give themselves self appointed superlative nicknames such as the rock or the judge! jog on

the summat (northern??) aint (northern? ) reight is exactly reight

a club the size of newquay with a youth policy the size of san marino with a stadia (yes it is claimed by said aficianados)

are facing relegation out of the combo to put the first and reserves further apart which isnt great for stepping up juniors to seniors or rehabilitating injured firsts in kick alot leagues

am i alone in thinking its odd where the reserves have gotten to?

Sounds like someone who tried to impose his views and opinions from the inside, but was never accepted by anyone at Mount Wise. A bitter attack by someone who had ideas well above his and the clubs station, someone who didn't like it when folk ignored him.

Newquay AFC is evolving, changes to the structure of the club take time, it is not an overnight thing. Managers and players come and go at every club, it is those who have the club at heart, those who stick around for years, put in hard work behind the scenes, those that would still be at the club even if there was just a Trelawny Div 5 side left, it is those people who matter. Thankfully, the club has many of those people, the club will carry on regardless.

Mind you, we will need to find someone to wash the kits !

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, May 28, 2013 - Personal
Hidden by Dave Deacon, May 28, 2013 - Personal

Sounds like someone who tried to impose his views and opinions from the inside, but was never accepted by anyone at Mount Wise.

from a man who is so popular he got clipped by whetts and an order queue has formed ever since

A bitter attack by someone who had ideas well above his and the clubs station, someone who didn't like it when folk ignored him.

from a man who hasnt kicked a ball cant kick a ball, has no stations of his own and just as many followers

Newquay AFC is evolving, changes to the structure of the club take time, it is not an overnight thing.

from a man who knows nothing about football , change or evolution

Managers and players come and go at every club, it is those who have the club at heart, those who stick around for years, put in hard work behind the scenes, those that would still be at the club even if there was just a Trelawny Div 5 side left, it is those people who matter.

from a man who without newquay afc wouldnt have a life as no other club would have his drone

Thankfully, the club has many of those people, the club will carry on regardless.

from a man who us despised by most who know him and even ones who only know his self appointed godesque superlatives

Mind you, we will need to find someone to wash the kits !

from a man who says WE when his WE is actually ME ME ME AND ME

and couldnt wash his own arse let alone a kit for a team

he could write about it and take poor quality pictures though (the kit not his arse) although alot of his script came from his arse

i love fantasist , even on shit days they make me laugh

A new dawn for Newquay AFC
By Tom Howe (Newquay Voice Reporter)
NEWQUAY AFC have this week seen new developments at their Mount Wise ground, including the installation of new floodlights, and that is not all that is going on.
Chairman Peter Butterly has proudly overseen brand new floodlights replace the 26-year-old versions currently at the ground while the changing rooms have been updated and the club are now awaiting a date to have their car park resurfaced in upgrades which have been funded jointly by the club and the Football Association. The club have also hired new bar stewards who will look to reignite the clubhouse.
The Peppermints have come to the end of their first season at step 6 with a mid-table finish in the South West Peninsula Premier League. First team manager Glynn Hooper announced last week, exclusively in the Newquay Voice, that he will be stepping down from his role at the club, but Butterly was happy to report the otherwise good state at Mount Wise and the feeling around it.
He said: “I think with promotion and our expectation of a mid-table placing, which is what we have achieved, I think it's been one of the most successful seasons for quite a while. “Overall it has been a very, very positive year. The downside is that Glynn's leaving, possibly for the right reasons, but it's only a blip in the overall development of the club.”
Newquay are happy to boast one of the most in-depth and vast youth structures in the whole of the South West and the progress has continued with the introduction of the clubs very own development centre. Butterly continued: “We are up to 31 teams now. We've started our own development centre on a Saturday morning which we run after the kids club. That's been very successful and has been running for six weeks.
“It was at Mount Wise yesterday (Saturday) but it's normally at Tretherras School. We run the Saturday morning club from 9 until 10:30. We have about 16 players, six-year-olds, that we've identified as being slightly further ahead at the moment and they stay afterwards. “They've got their own kit, a navy blue which looks very smart, so that's the first step on the development side.”
In other news, the exciting training facility at Colon, Quintrell Downs is edging ever closer to fruition with the required surveys on the area now complete. “The development at Colon is moving along. All the masses and masses and masses of surveys that we've had to do, bat surveys, dormouse surveys, they are all completed now so hopefully we can move forward with that. “Hopefully in the next 18 months we will have the biggest and best facility of any club in the county.”
And that isn't all. The continuing growth of the club has seen a partnership struck with the Florida-based club SWFL Adrenaline. The partnership would see Newquay's youth teams stay with host families over there while Adrenaline would send over some of their own to stay in Newquay. Butterly said: “I've got a meeting with the girls under-14 team next week with a view to us going out their next year as being the first to do the partnership.”
Former Newquay AFC player Lewis Hilton, son of Jim who is head of youth at the club as well as third team manager, is currently studying in the United States and has recently linked up with Adrenaline and made his début for the club at the weekend.
Back in the town, with Hooper and his assistant, Phil Lafferty, having stepped down at the end of the season, Butterly and his committee have been left with the task of identifying the right candidate to take over the helm and work has already begun to find the people to fill the roles. “We've got a list of potential managers at the moment and we will start contacting them as soon as we are free to do so. At the end of the day we have got to have somebody who is not just first team manager but has got an overall view of the club as well. “We need somebody to look after all interests with the development coming through as well which is always paramount to the future of the club.”
This all goes to show that Newquay AFC are geared towards a successful future and are on the right path with the club being in its best financial position for years and it's best ever position on the pitch. “It's all very, very positive. I have never felt so positive about the club. There are so many things happening. Sometimes you only hear the negative side. Financially the club has no debt. It's the best financial position that it has been in for six or seven years.”
If you would like to become involved with the club, during some of the finest times in it's 123-year history, please contact Pete Butterly on 0781 474 7147 or e-mail newquayafc@mail.com
As always, keep up to date with all the latest Peppermint news in your weekly Newquay Voice.

top words by clever tom howe who i hear now dosent have the content vetted by wannabe journos as he had to endure in his early days

and what a nice personable self effacing guy who sits quit in the 200 seat home stand , or stadium to some

he never shouts or swears or offends or overtly rudely opinions, upsetting families and children

never baulks managers or officials like a true clubman

tom howe has a great future in sports journalism as he loves football as a non playing officianado, has an opinion , but dosent think he is god or self appoint an egotistac nom de plume

and he writes so warmly about pete butterly a fantastic chairman ex pro who guides the club as a true supporter of red and white not as a platform fo adoration again self effacing

and both understand and appreciate who what where and when time effort and quality are apportioned and by whom to a football club and the effects thereof

and they also recognise the tossers and the need for a good gob to eloquently verse opinion of said nemeses (plural of nobhead) in endevour to illustrate football is a team sport played by men where team is the operative word with the only i in team being the A hole (a diagram may be needed)

newquay is a fantastic club with the biggest and best facilities in county and thats why youngsters should be held on to , embraced nurtured encouraged and educated and like jack bray who contemplated moving on elevated to show the investment

now if im not mistaken how many left ? and why?

try some logic and latin whilst being bold in the forum of football or Conciliabulum of football but get your ipso facto straight or exit the stadia and enter the breach

followers or supporters aye claudius

i absolutely love the tosh that some so called " i do this i do that" aficianodos pedal on such subjects

the end of the day if a team playing at level 12 cannot raise a side at any time of the season there is something deficient

especially when that team is part of a club have 4 senior sides (thats men and under 18s playing so called junior or senior leagues)

especially when said club has a so called capable secretary who portrays a superior being status of all rules regulations and rosta needs

especially when that club has a football director who supposedly is the most competent in the land by far

and especially when that club has the biggest gate and club/ bar revenue and sponsor in the county

the reality is

newquay had the best manager in glyn hooper a level four eufa coach with a technical knowledge capable of league football , who guided newquay to promotion and mid premier division table ( thats swpl premier division not premier league like some turnips like to flower)

hoops has now left

newquay had phil lafferty , whilst not the most universally admired , but a highly capable coach manager motivator and above all he hot players and retained them by his own means

laffs has now left

newquay had robin watt , a level three coach with the best man motivational and pastoral ability in the county as well as a top coach and guy who loves football

robin is as far as i know left newquay

newquay had steve flack a level two highly expirienced ex pro and potential leading manager who toiled with no assistance of rosta in the combo

steve is as far as i know departing

newquay had a fine rosta of players who showed great potential after rising through the ranks and showing willing to move onto first team football

newquay had a fine rosta of senior expirienced players from cornwall and devon who knew their stuff at premier or higher

newquay had a fine rosta of senior stalwarts of newquay old who maintained their alliance when hoops was brought in

what do newquay have now?

well the first team finished an admirable mid table in their first premier foray in the clubs history which should be a starter for greater alliance?

the seconds who could go down because of points deducted for failing to field because they didnt have enough players to call upon?

a third team who did fantastic under jim hiltons stewardship and a forth team who got by

now unless someone at the club actually wakes up , the knowitalls will get their way and the reserves will go down and next season will be as appealling to sponsors and staff as chlamidiya ( any one who actually knows the spelling must know the condition so please dont be tempted to point it out)

the conclusion would start with asking alan yendl why he left and then tracking down every youngster who left before elevating like jack bray did

newqyay has lost far too many young quality players yet kept its head firmly in the sand as to ask why incase someone is offended

we this is football and if you are easily take up macrame

the fact is certain characters who fall into the "i do this i do that " catergory know zip about football whilst purporting to know all

jim hilton is a football man , his son cuts pro am league in america , his team of youngsters finished 5th against teams often of men bigger than cornish hedges , he never stops works tirelessy and never says " i do this i do that"

roy, made yhe ground good, al and don ran the bar, G stewarded matches, gunner washed carried and laid out kit and then collected balls, big bry organised balls and nets and grass, nige served buttys and teas , paul aided the bar , roan was mascot and helped coaching , a long list of folk who didnt have titles just did shit without the big i am

then coaching staff coached in crap weather all winter travelling hundreds of miles paid by themselves to assist in results as well as nurturing and aiding young players and comforting old

so the conclusion is anyone at newquay who failed to retain attract assist reform aide guide reassure and develop players to fill the rosta to field a team to play a game is guilty of failing the club and cullpable for its demise

in particular the possible relegation of the reserves out of combo to face an enorormity of return because the rosta wasnt forseen as deficient and players missed signing deadlines or left because they were treated like crap or neglected misunderstood misinformed or misguided

newquay is deficient of adequate DIRECTION and in that word i would point the fingure at anyone with a befitting title , in fact if FLY BE had a director of flying comparable bristol airport would look like a warzone

call me old fashioned but everyone who can kick a ball is important to a football club

jo sweet as important and tom blackler

bryan picoto as important as danny brook

you never know when you need heart when youre out of guns

and contrawise old crippled players who bully the crap out of youngsters and are allowed to get away with it even after so many leave complaining of it , well they are about as required in a club as people who give themselves self appointed superlative nicknames such as the rock or the judge! jog on

Well said that man! An awful lot you have said I totally agree with.

There have been a lot of young players leave this season . . . Jake Street, Sam Hill, Ollie Morrison, Dan Carne, all these have represented the County.

I'm sure that there are more but these are the names that come to mind. Where have they gone? Why did they go? Surely the club should have tried harder to keep these players.

A few weeks back I went to Mount Wise to watch a reserve game. I thought they had signed a couple of new players but when I enquired I got told that they were actually Probus players that were helping out, this surprised me because there was young Newquay players on the bench who I don't think even got brought on. That can't be right, if I got treated like that I'd probably leave too. Wouldn't have been so bad if they had won, they didn't! With the shocking season that the combo side has had they might as well have given the youngsters a chance, couldn't have done any worse.

tom

my point exactly

the reserves and flacky needed support from the director of football chairman club officials and secretary

hoops was rightly preoccupied

flacky took the job on after yendl left but nobody sought to establish why and what problems may rise

the club has a responsibility to the reserves as it has to the firsts and whilst youth just ticks along and jim does a grand job the bridge between collapsed and the resseys are very lucky to not go down

if flybe had a near miss i doubt they would carry on flying

i have played and coached and assisted at levels from junior upto unibond so am not naieve

and find it comedy when folk talk but dont do

if you look hard enough youll find the truth if you want

like if you look in my van youll find receipts totalling over a grand for fuel tyres food drink socks shorts shirts kit bags and boots all invested in nafc free gratis , youll also find shit left by players on the 1200 miles travelled to games and training

yes and ill also admit to washing kit as well so all those newspaper pics had nafc and flybe in nice clean white socks shorts and proud to wear numbers after bothering to coerce the laundry to take care for 10 pounds a wash

10 quid to wash white socks shorts and shirts and training and warm up kit carefully and separately to ensure numbers and sponsors stayed clean and in place and the secretary had the audacity to baulk at 10 quid when he knew i had agreed it

most launderettes charge 25

some people at newquay are so up their own they forgot anout the reserves and youth development or abused them

noone wants to admit the failing because they aint big enough

on the time i met jack charlton and listened to his wise words he reinforced the fact no single person was bigger than the club and the club sheffield wednesday was owned wholly and spiritually by those who paid into it

not players or directors but fans and sponsors

i did my bit and sleep sound

some people know they abused bullied and sought a platform for power adoration or ego

Maybe if Newquay did,nt allow players to play for the likes of Ludgvan and signed them for Newquay as a club, they may have being able to field a team, however IF these players are not supporting your lower league sides how in the hell do you expect lower league players to support your first team.

3pts deduction,£200 fine and must only field players that have palyed five games for the combo this season or played for Newquay all season in a lower league for their remaining combo fixtures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and please please tell me who in a club is suppose to administer the signing of players to and fro? is it the mild mannered janitor? or the secretary ? who rather than doing his job? interferes with everyone elses whilst inflating his own ego self importance and match balls

historically horses for courses and donkeys for the beach to lean to my learned friend eric cantona for literary quotes

newquay was devoid of TORRS

noone knew their resposibilty or role and the lines of jobs were furred and toe treading abundant

it was accepted that some people can share swear and be abusive in family arrears without redress

it was accepted that people could bully others especially younger players, even swear and threaten or even injury them in training and games

so some players left others were not keen to play for reserves and a few just not retained through neglect of hearts and minds

cam bidgood didnt leave because he couldnt get first team football , he left because he couldnt get football at newquay

as for lugdvan any players not sugned to a club is an attricious lack of responsibility by whoever signs forms

the club needs unity like godolphin

amatuer, for love

issac rosenberg

your name sounds like a well read religious scholar

thanks for the compliment but im past 45

however im still fit enough and strong enough with enough heart to play at level 12

and this season ive seen at least one that isnt in the reserves

on linguistics im just a northern monkey who read lots and tries to rationalise in football

its a business with sport not the other way round and jobs need doing properly

like communicating with all players on role responsibility effort training fitness nutrition responsibility respect and decorum

no im no tinner , my metallurgical content is all iron carbon molybemun chromium and a bit of nickel, preferred shape being a blade, so i am au fait with football finances management youth development and all its pitfalls

college was neither in cornwall and my abject learning was on snowy icy pitches and freezing dressing rooms in 80s and 90s Northern counties east division

i think newquay stepped up to the challenge of premier division with hoops and laffs admirably but you club didnt support the reserves and certainly not flacky to answer the pundits

if you have ever managed a team you know the score . when you are knew to a club and havent even met the chairman or director of football and are devoid of rational communication with an aloof secretary it kinda sets you up to fall

flacky is a top guy and capable manager but had no help

with help they could have gone for promotion without they are where they are

the decisions are made by those who wish not to be in the firing line

Realitycheck I agree with you on the lack of support for flacky, I came in to the club in April and started helping flacky out after moving down here, have to say I was pretty appalled at the state of affairs at reserve team level, I can't comment on any other issues as not been around long enough to talk about them.

From what I've seen of the reserves there is potential but need leadership and direction, there is a good side capable of challenging next season with the right coaching and one or two quality additions.

So many experts, so little action. Whilst those behind the scenes are trying to run a football club, some are trying to run it down. Unfortunately Jef, you may be the wrong side of 45, but enough of your IQ. Most at Mount Wise know you as 10%, this being the amount of sense you talk, and FYI, it was a certain young reporter who came up with that name for you.

In discussions with management over the last few months, the phrases - An acquired taste, has massive opinions and ideas, is odd and destructive - are the most memorable. It is one thing to have idiots on the outside pee-ing in, but when you have fools stirring it up on the inside too. Bob did the right thing getting rid of you, your vile and bitter rants on this forum are nothing more than most of us had come to expect.

You were not appointed by anyone, but somehow wormed your way into the club, perhaps some did take their eye off the ball. When it comes to self appointed titles, does a Level 11 club need a 'Kit Manager' and to be named alongside the management and players in each programme ?.

You are a fraud, you brought nothing to the table but leave carnage in your wake. Do everyone a favour, go and find another club, one where you can suck up to the big names. We are trying to create something here for the community, you have been here 5 mins and pee'd just about everybody off. Take your big ideas and suggestions and leave running a real community based football club to those who care. You can say what you like about me 10% Jef but I have been here 15 years and served my club in various ways. If you wish to align yourself with the few idiots who have graced this forum in the past, then you truly have found your place in the world.

Savo, I apologise that you have come into the picture at the wrong time, all I'd say is that whilst 10% Jef has been moaning, there are many that have been working to make it a better place for all the 30 odd sides with the clubs name. The latest to benefit are the ladies, read the Newquay Voice tomorrow.

Edited by Nemesis
Language

Where have things gone wrong at newquay then? The firat team certainly aren't the side that they were last year and the seconds are on the verge of collapse.

A few years ago newquay was always full of local boys who played the game the right way and stuck together.

Having 30 odd teams gets you grants and funding but little else at the top end of the club.

Have as many junior sides as you want but what do they bring to the table? They'll all head off to uni or find that they're actually not that good when put against blokes of varied ages.

As a follower of combo football for years its sad to see the big clubs struggling, Penzance, porthleven, falmouth, newquay all falling on hard times, question to ask is. Why?

Looks like Newquay will stay in the Combo if only one team will come up. Hope so. Always a good trip out, even when dear Mr Roberts insisted on dispatching the most distant team, St Just, up to Mount Wise most seasons for an evening kick off.

No offence to realitycheck or my fellow supporter of the greatest club team in the world Nemesis.....you both sound too good, for different reasons, for any club to want to lose you.

Community football that caters for all ages, genders and abilities is what we all know we ought to be providing really, if clubs are to survive long term in these difficult times; and Newquay deserve the highest of praise for trying to do this. Hope it works out for the best and that St Just won't be the only Combo Founder Members any time too soon.

Long live the Newquay Loyal.....better times will come if you all stick together !

i love fishing
and the thread indeed is about newquay afc not having fielded a side
and intrinsic causation
and personal slurs wernt helpful
in fact at one game at st austell they got just dessert

after being appointed by glynn hooper fa level 4 eufa a coach as an assistant to staff for coaching being level 2 myself and assisting in training pre match and equipment as well as sports nutrition and psychology (stuff often beyond the comprehension of unlearned football folllowers who never played and support novelty toy premier league teams)
i assisted drove transported supported nutured parented guided pastored and contributed to firsts reserves and thirds every tuesday and friday and saturday all without a pedestal or crutch
in fact the newquay players player of the season was directly and financially supported by me
so i would really like to offer the same 10 percent service to newquay again for next season
thank god that managers can see sense
imagine if clubs were run by amatuer non paying photographers cum journos !

This is why it is vital that the new man at the helm with the first team has a good record in being able to work with and develop the young players that are at the club, what is the point in nurturing young players, spending the time & money in coaching them in all weathers, & then letting them leave to the benefit of other clubs in the area whilst we spend a healthy playing budget on players that are no better than the guys originally at the club & with less spirit. On a previous topic Tommy Matthews name was mentioned, an ideal candidate with his record at developing players? Nemesis you bite to easily, you work so hard for the club, people are just trying to get a reaction from you, dont make it easy for them. Wish there were more around like you.

So many experts, so little action?

interesting how these quips have no foundation

im no expert but i do act and for a season daily contributed time and effort to the footballers

im sorry i missed the needy fans

Whilst those behind the scenes are trying to run a football club some are trying to run it down?

most behind the scenes are clearly visible doing their things and anyone not should be transparent by reportage

is it because your job as press officer web master and photo journalist is behind the scenes and your autonomy limited to reporting what happens not influences what does happens

perhaps if you stuck to that and not irate angry abusive foul mouthed fan people would take you serious and players wouldnt thump you

the pen is mightier than the gob

Unfortunately Jef, you may be the wrong side of 45, but enough of your IQ.?

what a pathetic childish revealing comment consistent with your teenile

having no kids or respect character

of insulting people , really its not big or clever

im so sorry my intellect challenges people

Most at Mount Wise know you as 10%, this being the amount of sense you talk, and FYI, it was a certain young reporter who came up with that name for you.

class, good for tom if he likes to mix it, i still think hes great and at 21 perhaps you are bitter he has more scope and respect than you at 60

In discussions with management over the last few months, the phrases - An acquired taste, has massive opinions and ideas, is odd and destructive - are the most memorable

i doubt youd be speaking to anyone without inciting or flowering, im happy in myself, you should try it

one thing to have idiots on the outside pee-ing in, but when you have fools stirring it up on the inside too. Bob did the right thing getting rid of you

bob? is that the secretary who got pushed from newquay then wadebridge? the one who runs the bar and ground and anything else but ensuring enough players are available? (not fielding team )

i was employed by hoops and left with him

your vile and bitter rants on this forum are nothing more than most of us had come to expect.

i think you are internalising ? are you reading your words and do you hear your profanity and abuse?

You were not appointed by anyone, but somehow wormed your way into the club, perhaps some did take their eye off the ball.

explained away

When it comes to self appointed titles, does a Level 11 club need a 'Kit Manager' and to be named alongside the management and players in each programme ?.

level 10 , and yes i am confused who gave me a title and put it in a programme and asked me to complete a player profile to pad it out?

any ideas?

perhaps you should do your profile so people can learn your credentials

You are a fraud, you brought nothing to the table but leave carnage in your wake.

tablets will help

Do everyone a favour, go and find another club, one where you can suck up to the big names.

? hoops dosent work like that he asks for things done and it is out of respect for his resume

your resume?

We are trying to create something here for the community,

we?

you have been here 5 mins and pee'd just about everybody off.

you?

Take your big ideas and suggestions and leave running a real community based football club to those who care.

care? about you?

You can say what you like about me 10% Jef but I have been here 15 years and served my club in various ways.

listen harder to what the majority say in the cloisters

If you wish to align yourself with the few idiots who have graced this forum in the past, then you truly have found your place in the world.

name the idiots please do

and call me one when you see me

Savo, I apologise that you have come into the picture at the wrong time, all I'd say is that whilst 10% Jef has been moaning, there are many that have been working to make it a better place for all the 30 odd sides with the clubs name. The latest to benefit are the ladies, read the Newquay Voice tomorrow.

andy

you are as ive expressed a cracking addition to the club and im sure you and nemesis will get along like homies

Edited by Nemesis, Yesterday, 12:24 PM.

Language

edited? post script? theres more?

I had long chats with a number of people at the club before, during and after last night's win. What it seems to boil down to is there is too much to do and not enough people to do it. There are a group of people at the club who work their socks off, in Bob's case last night, he was working on the gate as the lady who normally does it was ill.

There is so much going on at the club which makes the appointment of a new manager even more vital. The club needs direction, look at the likes of Penzance, a proud club who have been put through the mill. Once the new regime is in place, the time will come to reassess targets and decide where Newquay AFC want to go.

The basis is very much there. That basis now needs to mould into evolution or else, as we've seen with the Reserves, the standard and reputation will decrease. There is no big drama at Mount Wise, just good people that have worked hard during a very difficult season, something that comes with the step up.

Think I'll withdraw from this thread. Amusing as it is. All I can say is to anyone who puts their own time into any local club, is a big thank you.

Last night as always I turned up early the kit was all laid out, which allows me time to set up the warm go through the side, think about formations etc, it is a massive help, asit showed last nights when the side put in an excellent performance to win 3v0, with young Alex Cole getting my man of the match.

So guys thank you for what ever you do or have done for the club, and please don't stop arguing on here because it is entertaining reading.

All the best guys, here's to another 3 points on saturda,

Tom

Why do you bring Penzance into this?

We suffered last season as we appointed 2 managers before the season started to raise a squad.

They walked a few days before our first game without a side in place forcing us to use the previous season's reserves as our first team squad. We were having up to 36 players at pre-season training but these managers did not sign them up.

As all local players had been signed up by other teams by this time, it proved almost impossible to put results together on the pitch.

Once we started our bad run we couldn't attract players until teams started releasing them come the new year.

Of course having to use our reserves as our first team that impacted on our Trelawny side.

It has not been a case of bad management, committee, etc but the fact we were left in the lurch.

We have led the way, which other clubs will follow, by not paying players a "wage", but we do pay a milage allowance for those players who take others, and the club has a team coach to go to the longer away matches.

We now have a group of players who play for the badge on the shirt not the envelope in the pocket. Players who are clubmen not journeymen.

So Tom stop using Penzance as a bad example of what is wrong at Newquay FC, as no way are we similar.

All this talk about youngsters coming through the youth leagues not playing for their parent club, forget it.

There are more adult clubs than junior clubs so kids will travel miles to join them. When they grow out of them they will leave the parent club. It happens. In the last few years we have had great under 18's and 16's teams but the lads were from, Helston, St Just, all over.

But what we have found this season some of the junior players who left to join their local clubs have come back to us. They may have been away for a year or two but have come home again to the Magpies.

So once again, leave us out of it.

Oh I forgot to add.

You say we are an example of bad management.

Getting a side out week after week was a sign of good management.

Starting the season with 3 players on the books showed that Mr Dent proved he had the skills to get a side out and gradually put one together over the weeks and months that followed.

We are a club that puts it's players first, before the management, committee, etc.

So please can you lot take your internal spatt and put it on your facebook page, Newquay Voice. etc, instead of on here.

andy

the kit no doubt laid out by gunner who then is ball boy and then cleaner then laundry man then kit man again is newquay rock

however much gunner does its imperative you as gaffer have sufficient players to call upon and field a team and win

last night was excellent on a top surface and with perfect lighting

indeed coley performed and before you arrived ive seen him frustrated and dispondent and in need of a shoulder or kick up the proverbial

all in it is possible to find nurture and develop players in the locality and as you did last night field a team to be proud of

what im saying is that hasnt happened all season as you know

you are vital gunner is vital tom is vital and all other designated jobs are vital

but the hearts and minds pastoral care is also vital to pick up dejected downbeat players and liase with receptive gaffers on emotions and aspirations

otherwise young capable players will take their frustrations and quality to other clubs

if im wrong tell me

and tom did you really come up with the 10 percent monika ?

class , if i talk 90 percent crap and it makes others think 10 percent more then thats an improvement

happy birthday , you have a massive talent in journalism and a very astute persona for your years , very self effacing , good look with the future

much love jef1centile (now theres abstract)

Oh I forgot to add.

You say we are an example of bad management.

Getting a side out week after week was a sign of good management.

Starting the season with 3 players on the books showed that Mr Dent proved he had the skills to get a side out and gradually put one together over the weeks and months that followed.

We are a club that puts it's players first, before the management, committee, etc.

So please can you lot take your internal spatt and put it on your facebook page, Newquay Voice. etc, instead of on here.

teddy

it is a subject pertinent and i dont think tom was criticising

when we came and played you at home , remind me if im wrong

it was a dark wet night and you guys held us down to a marginal win

you had a young forward sent off who had let his temper get the better of his frustrations instead of his clear capability

who was it it and did he stay?

i spoke to him after on here and privately about his temper and football and being more use to penzance on the pitch

he was a young frustrated player who against our cute cheeky wind up players got sucked in and sent off

football is a game of wits as well as skill and banter and drama are all inclusive

id like to know if your club in a season to forget can look back and say i wish we had done this or that

football is elitist at times and other working class and wholesome

gaffers have to treat all players how they need individually and make a single team

who said football is like a grand piano

you need ten strong enough to carry it and a couple who can play it?

Maybe if Newquay did,nt allow players to play for the likes of Ludgvan and signed them for Newquay as a club, they may have being able to field a team, however IF these players are not supporting your lower league sides how in the hell do you expect lower league players to support your first team.

3pts deduction,£200 fine and must only field players that have palyed five games for the combo this season or played for Newquay all season in a lower league for their remaining combo fixtures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadcert, the players in question, Dan Magee and Jamie Devine, were already signed on to play for Ludgvan in the Combo upon joining Newquay. It is something that the management were aware of. In fairness, the two players didn't turn out for Ludgvan against Newquay, thus not giving either side an advantage of being able to name them.

Magee did play, and score twice, for Ludgvan at Mount Wise last week but he isn't involved at Newquay anymore anyway.

This is why I don't like posting on forums because the meaning of what you are saying sometimes gets lost in writing.

cornishteddyboy, apologies, please don't think I am trying to criticise or offend. I am merely saying that Penzance, a proud club that I certainly look up to, were faced with major issues and are rebuilding. Admittedly, the factors you've stated are much worse than the ones at Mount Wise and you have my sympathy. Nobody wants to see a team and its fans suffer like, you have been very unlucky and well done to all the loyal individuals who have stuck by the Magpies in their time of need. The only way is up!

Jef, I did, along with some others, come up with the 10% moniker. It's so hard to get to the point with you sometimes due to the way you explain things. Like Rafa Benitez, the fact you were given the role as 'Kit Manager' didn't help you.

Andy, forgive me, I didn't mention you. From what I have seen you have been a valuble asset to the club since your arrival. That is shown through your bond with the players (a bond built up in such a short amount of time), your coaching skills and your professionalism shown. I do hope that the club retain you for next season and look forward to working with you.