Cornwall Football Forum

div 5 top scorers

heres an interesting 1 for u all marcus grasso has scored 43 goals so far this season 12 of which was against clipper bar however mark rapsey (Rappo) has scored 49 this season with only 4 of them against clipper bar. my question if if park was to played clipper after dec or st erme before dec (as park did) i wonder how many both players would be on now if they played clipper with the same team. this is because clipper became alot stronger with a few important signings in early dec. i have a feeling rappo would have a massive lead now, however helston and gwinear put 7 and 8 past clipper having played after dec but alot higher scores in the 1st games so im wondering how will marazion fair tomarrow having won 12.1 last time at clippers pitch.

the fixtures went the way they did a lot of teams could say that? about any game, if lot teams were to play ludgvan early season they did have not have such a big strong squad, i personally could think same with helston playing a team who just joined together early on may helped us get 2 wins you can only play whats in front of you

matty thomas without shadow of doubt class act but as bgg said he was very very good at swpl level so says it all, and i think matty will win it and probably if plays get hatful tomorrow and rappos class dave we all know on whole forum

more rappo love dave ?? matty thomas the marazion steiker i think is one the best strikers in all five leauges

yes greg thats cos hes a combo standard player playing at the bottom wud b like ashley smeeth dropping down to play for u. this isnt ment with any disrespect to the guy hes a great player but could play much higher.

Thanks gents! I've got to be honest I'm just happy to still be playing with my knees and physique!!! I was 46 last Sunday so I probably shouldn't be!? I played my last SWL game at 35 and my dad told me to retire gracefully then! (god bless you dad x ). Decided to play combo and had three great seasons mainly at Perranwell and really enjoyed it so then decided to retire at 38 after my last combo game. Got talked into playing junior football by a few mates much to my dads disgust but I can honestly say I've never regretted it and there are certainly teams and players who are every bit as good as a lot of the players I've played with at a much higher level such as Matt Thomas who could easily play SWL now and is still in his prime. I said to Birchy around Xmas that I would be amazed if Matty wasn't the top scorer in DIV 5 come end of May and I'll stick by that, he deserves it, great player. All I've ever done at whichever level I've played is set myself a target of 50+ goals a season which touch wood I usually manage to get. I like the Trelawny league website cos you can see how many starts you've made and the goals scored and work your average a game out from there! Well done Steve Carpenter, great work mate! I know these days won't last forever so I'm glad I only need another 40 for the 2000 and that will be me! (Honest dad if you're looking down!) I've got to say its been a real pleasure this season playing against the teams mentioned above. Some real quality in this league and smashing blokes in all the top four clubs and definitely the closest and most exciting finish in all the leagues and to be honest you all deserve to win it!!! Dave I've got a lot of admiration for you and your team, to get thrashed every game like you did at the start by a lot of goals and stick together through that and not throw in the towel and come out of it stronger and better to hold your own like you have takes a lot of character and I think you guys probably deserve more credit than the rest of us, so well done to you mate. Good luck to the top four and no matter who wins it you should all be proud of your season gents.

the fixtures went the way they did a lot of teams could say that? about any game, if lot teams were to play ludgvan early season they did have not have such a big strong squad, i personally could think same with helston playing a team who just joined together early on may helped us get 2 wins you can only play whats in front of you

matty thomas without shadow of doubt class act but as bgg said he was very very good at swpl level so says it all, and i think matty will win it and probably if plays get hatful tomorrow and rappos class dave we all know on whole forum

yes scott hes class player so him getting golden boot at div 5 level personally to the guy and his ability is an insult to himself the guys a class act why would he wana play in div 5 no offence to any div 5 team but the leagues shit he could play swpl n b a big fish theres to many players in div 5 who could well play at much higher and still do amazing such as liam and matty i know liam had a bad injury last season but the guys still quality.. u know what im not even gona say any more cos alot of ppl will just get the wrong end of it....... just like ur comment if we played park now it wudnt b a 17.0 walk over or a 14.0 loss cos we've got better and uv improved ur squad but on the whole ours has improved more thans urs has so whereas we know the strength of park but not our own yet as we've had a well unusual season. i think i wud benefit div 5 if marazion wins to promote all 4 big hitters to level out div 5 cos the top 4 r too strong for the rest and i think that if they didnt all go up i could c 1 or 2 of them loosing players and that would b a shame. bring madron and mullion down n push the big 4 up to level out the higher leagues.

dave, i am not arguing with you and your right you,ve signed few decent players that are good for your team no doubt and thats major plus for you, but it doesnt matter the scoreline 17-0, or 1-0 it gets same result 3 points, and i would probaly agree with you and rappo the most 4 consistent teams in league are fighting it out for title way it should be but mabe, ludgvan,stithians, st erme, newquay all very capable sides! people play with their mates always happens especially at newly created clubs will happen next year, as i know 2 teams joining league who are gonna be filled with players who played div 1,2,3 so thats life, its about what yo wanna achieve not just in one season as club but over period of time its about sustainability guess we,ll see over next few season were certain teams are in few years time

I think you will find that the managers at marazion are in it for the long haul to get them back in combination league and have a brilliant atmosdphere amongst the players. Like you say new clubs have to start somewhere.

Well lets hope so.. Young squad?? Cause gonna be another 6 years or so lol

theres only 3 players above 30 in the whole reserves team... Yes were young, well im not... but, Ye, young team, and the more sucsess brought to marazion the more players wanna be a part of it, same with you guys abbo, i would imagine you guys are gonna have fun weeding thru all the new candidates next season!

Well done to all the top goal scorers, none of them will out score Rappo, over their time in football! I can't understand why nobody is talking about Mabe's Nial Morgan, the Andy Carroll of the Trelawney league! One to watch.