Cornwall Football Forum

Division 2.

Madron 3 - 7 Storm.

Madron started well but soon faded and storm gradually got back into the game and at halftime it was 2-2. Main talking point was the ref (WHO DIDNT HAVE A GOOD GAME) giving storm an indirect freekick in the penalty box for a high foot tackle.

Second half storm scored 3 goals in about 5 minutes and this got madron players falling out with each other. Main talking point in the second half was the number 7 for storm headbutting a masron player and only getting a yellow, being in goal, i dont know if he made much contacted but it shoukd have been a red. Then the madron player involved in the headbutt stamped on a storm players leg and the ref gave madron a freekick.

Well done to storm and good luck for rest of the season :)

There was a couple of really good goals scored by both teams :)

Division 2.

Madron 3 - 7 Storm.

Madron started well but soon faded and storm gradually got back into the game and at halftime it was 2-2. Main talking point was the ref (WHO DIDNT HAVE A GOOD GAME) giving storm an indirect freekick in the penalty box for a high foot tackle.

Second half storm scored 3 goals in about 5 minutes and this got madron players falling out with each other. Main talking point in the second half was the number 7 for storm headbutting a masron player and only getting a yellow, being in goal, i dont know if he made much contacted but it shoukd have been a red. Then the madron player involved in the headbutt stamped on a storm players leg and the ref gave madron a freekick.

1st half we were terrible, 2nd half Madron were terrible, Ref was consistently terrible for 90minutes.

He missed 2 red cards, 3 clear penalties and had an apparent attraction to the center circle.

Division 2.

Madron 3 - 7 Storm.

Madron 3 (2) Storm 7 (2)

Storm scorers - Ben Kellow 3, David Mitchell 2, Matt Doble, Sam Charlton.

Just to comment on the "headbutt". From the view I had (quite good and only about 15 yards away) the Madron number 3 ( TJ?) lowered his head towards our winger who lowered his in response (going head to head) but before either reached the other Madron's number three threw his head back as if he had been headbutted. This obviously conned the ref but there was nothing in it. The theatrical rolling around on the floor after he had been booked and while the ref was talking to our player only summed up the situation. It was something out of nothing.

As for the game itself. We started abysmally and were fortunate to go in level at the half. After a scrappy start to the second half we suddenly settled for a 15 minute period which saw us put away 3 goals that should have put the game beyond doubt. We did our best to let Madron back into the game which included a well-taken volley for their third but with them pressing we were able to hit them on the break to finish the scoring.

There were three pretty stonewall penalties throughout the match which weren't given. Two to us, one as above and the second a freekick that the referee decided happened outside the area. Madron should have had one when our keeper crunched their striker whilst attempting to clear the ball.

Still...... that's football

I promised the boys i'd do a report on today game so here it is...

Troon 3rds 0 - 9 Marazion Reserves

game of 90 minutes in which marazion dominated from first minute! matty bashed in a couple or 4, Craig bashed a brace, jason was a goal hogging shite and still only finished on 1 and the other goals came from Liam (proper tanned up) mooney which might i add was a delightful little goalkeepers kick right over the top 2 bounces half volley in the back of the net... assist (w00t)

Clipper bar on Saturday ( Evil Grin )

Well done to troon for being good sports about it all the best for the seasons to come

hope this report does the does the boys justice

Cheers an Gone!!!!!!11

Cury 3-2 tms

Great result for cury against what looked from the last time we meet an under strength tms side cury tried a few players in different positions as we continue to build for next season. Problem is goalkeeper anyone watching last night will see we r in desperate need of a keeper for next season. 2 games to go until the end of the season. Thanks tms good bunch if lads and well Reffed by Paul Murray

Csom 6-0 West Cornwall

Wasn't at the game but heard from about 6 different players that ref Rodney Campbell was abysmal and ruined what could of been a good game of football. Not sour grapes, as I was also told that we were very depleted, and would of run out of legs eventually so Csom were always gonna be worth the win! From what I heard they played some nice football, and are a good bunch of lads, but the ref ruined the game!! Personally, it doesn't surprise me as I've had him a few times and he's not been very good then! All the best to CSM on your promotion charge!

Don't forget Eric you was the first goal keeper to concede a goal against clipper bar don't make yourself the last keeper of the season aswel :) best wishes Dan

if this dan was the keeper who was in goal yday id like to mention he got lobbed from about 10 yards inside the marazion half......

Guest BenTheYeti

Saw him in action yesterday.. he's "interesting".. called 2 players offside (on the side I was linesman on) who were both a good 2 yards onside, then spent half time explaining the various ins and outs of the offside rule to me.. that's me told