Cornwall Football Forum

2nd spot

Have to say that Elburton Villa are the favourites , but Parkway have their fate in their own hands . Two wins from two is all that is needed , just the small matter of Bodmin away on Saturday to begin with and Newquay at home next Tuesday . Unless Falmouth can do us a favour on Saturday that is ....... :wacko:

Don't rule out St. Austell. 10 wins & 1 draw from the last 11 matches they are bang in form. 2 games left - Ivybridge away this Saturday and troubled Liverton at home a week this Friday. If they win both and Parkway lose to Bodmin then they will be 3rd, could still be 3rd if Parkway draw with Bodmin. If the unlikely happens and Falmouth get a draw at home to Elburton this Saturday then St Austell could grab the runners-up position. These are all ifs but I did say on this forum about two months and nobody agreed that St Austell could get into the top 4 with the fixtures that they had - look what's happened, they will be at least 4th.

So we will see what happens in the next 10 days.

Don't rule out St. Austell. 10 wins & 1 draw from the last 11 matches they are bang in form. 2 games left - Ivybridge away this Saturday and troubled Liverton at home a week this Friday. If they win both and Parkway lose to Bodmin then they will be 3rd, could still be 3rd if Parkway draw with Bodmin. If the unlikely happens and Falmouth get a draw at home to Elburton this Saturday then St Austell could grab the runners-up position. These are all ifs but I did say on this forum about two months and nobody agreed that St Austell could get into the top 4 with the fixtures that they had - look what's happened, they will be at least 4th.

Not sure if such a thing exists , but Danny Nancarrow must be the prime contender for Peninsula League Manager Of The Season .

Not sure if such a thing exists , but Danny Nancarrow must be the prime contender for Peninsula League Manager Of The Season .

Dan & Kelvin have done an amazing job.

Must admit having seen elburton in both games against bodmin i feel they have given more of a game than parkway. god that statement is going to bite me on the arse tommorow!! Elburton to finsh 2nd for me

How's your arse. lol :(:( :(

Parkway have taken 4 points out of 6 from Bodmind and Elburton have taken 3 !

To be honest , I dont think there is anything between Parkway and Elburton . They have both had good seasons.

Must admit having seen elburton in both games against bodmin i feel they have given more of a game than parkway. god that statement is going to bite me on the arse tommorow!! Elburton to finsh 2nd for me

How's your arse. lol :(:( :(

Parkway have taken 4 points out of 6 from Bodmind and Elburton have taken 3 !

To be honest , I dont think there is anything between Parkway and Elburton . They have both had good seasons.

And St.Austell have taken 6 out of 6 from Parkway, and 4 out of 6 from Villa.... ;-)

Firstly if Parkway play against Newquay the way they did against Bodmin today, second place will be clinched.

Well done to Parkway for the result at Bodmin. 2nd place should be yours as you should beat Newquay at home as you have more to play for. If you get 2nd are you still going for the Western League Premier Division ?

By no means certain from what I was told - meeting next week should decide. However, unfortunately already it sounds 3 or 4 of today's squad won't be able to commit to the extra travelling etc

Well done parkway beating bodmin , what was the line ups please - didnt watch it but heard bodmin left key players on bench and parkway left out regulars for ringers !! any truth bald one ?

Bodmin left Shane Krac and Lewis Reed on the bench . Not sure if Sam Matthews and Chris Luxton were injured ,but they didn't feature . Parkway were the regular 15 ,only Glyn Hobbs was missing (suspended) . No "ringers" appeared ( if you mean players who are legally registered with both Parkway and Weymouth then no , Ben Joyce and Dan Smith did not play ).

Well done parkway beating bodmin , what was the line ups please - didnt watch it but heard bodmin left key players on bench and parkway left out regulars for ringers !! any truth bald one ?

Let's be honest, Bodmin have such a good squad that whoever is on the bench could walk into any other SWPL team. Neil Slateford was another on the bench who came on yesterday.

Let's be honest, Bodmin have such a good squad that whoever is on the bench could walk into any other SWPL team. Neil Slateford was another on the bench who came on yesterday.

Agreed Dave .Whatever people's personal opinions of Bodmin Town , it is up to clubs like Parkway ,Elburton Villa and the others to get closer to the standards they have set . They clearly have a management team who expect high standards from the players ,and players who respect the management and want to play for them . You only have to look at the low turnover of players each season compared to other clubs to see that .

Player for player , Elburton and Parkway are probably not that far away , but the difference lies within the consistency and belief that they have .Although I am certainly not counting any chickens for a Parkway second place finish , I really do believe that we should have got a lot closer to Bodmin . Would Bodmin have dropped points against Torpoint (home and away) and Saltash when leading late in the game ,and against Launceston when we created nothing in the second half despite Leigh Cooper's team having 10 men for most of it ? We also had a lead against Bodmin late on against 10 men ,but failed to hold it . They have the confidence and poise in these situations that the other teams in the league don't have ,this is a habit born out of being successful .

Parkway were right up for the game yesterday and scored some great goals and deserved there win, well done to them.

Total agree with what WOTP has just stated about Bodmin but I am confused about the promotion, I was under the impression Parkway were going to go up if they finished 2nd, now it seems they may not go up if they do. This is a hot topic I know but Bodmin have come under some very heavy criticism from many quarters and I am sure from a few Parkway supporters on this form,if not I do apologise , so if you don't take promotion I take it your views will not change and Parkway will also be guilty of the same things aimed towards Bodmin or will it be a case of what's good for the club as Bodmin have openly stated. I would like to see clubs take promotion but not at the risk of the club getting into financial trouble.

wow thats a suprise to hear crack et al on the bench and others out. Crack on bench especially when people have argued hes the best mid in league and not started with such an important fixture - he did play for parkway not so long ago as well along with few other players in bodmin squad; Trying not to be cynical here but it makes an interesting talking point ! Beaker whats your views - bodmin not put their best team against parkway ? just resting for the ivybridge game !

I was a bit disappointed that we did not start with our strongest team but at the end of the day Parkway deserved the 3 points.

I was close to the dug outs and could not believe the Parkway Managers verbal abuse towards his own players for most of the match. It was embarrasing.

Even the Parkway fans were moaning about him.

Gilby was probably resting some players for the cup final.

1 week to go then I am out of here.