Cornwall Football Forum

St Dennis AFC v Helston Athletic. 01/05/2013. 6.45pm KO.

St Dennis deserved winners tonight. We didn't even turn up. On another note and this is no excuse at all as even we had the best ref in the world we still would have lost tonight but the ref tonight has the worst attitude I have ever seen from an official. It's not even that he's the worst ref I have seen but his attitude is appalling.

Also St Dennis should have have been down to 10 men as they had a player who took his shirt off and walked off the pitch 2 bookable offences if the ref done his job right st Dennis would then not have been able to bring a sub on!! it wouldn't have made a difference to the result mind. I think refs get enough stick and unjustifiable normally but this one is a joke.

Scott hill, hes sent a text apologising, he will see the lads saturday, won't go in any detail why but the gaffer and him will sort it out Saturday because its really not like him.

Helston not at the races to-night Lee and I was a bit disappointed with them and to be fair not the best of games to watch but you stuck to the game plan and didn't give them any space, Three of the most bizarre goals I have ever seen! Liam Eddy did nothing but winge to the ref as did a lot of the Helston players. Boaty had him in his pocket for most of the game, Mark Goldsworthy looked threatening at times but Brett made a couple of decent saves to keep a clean sheet.Well done mate. Boaty and Muzzy were massive at the back and didn't put a foot wrong! A mention also for Cameron who had a decent game. I believe Scott should have been booked for leaving the field of play without permission but he did it so quick that I dont think the ref realised he had just walked off!! I hope he sorts his problems out as he is also a decent player but you dont need me to tell you that!

Agreed ray, we got a decent result so I'm happy :-) it makes such a difference to our squad having muzz back. He goes unnoticed, but he's probably 1 of the best defenders I've seen. As soon as boaty went at the back he looked much more in his comfort zone, he can be such a quality centre half, perry has also done well for us and for me has been awesome all season.

One of cam Bidgoods best games for us tonight, we are happy he wants to stay at the club coz he's got such a bright future ahead of him.

Things with Scott hill will be sorted Saturday, he won't go anywhere, he's already said.great player just been out for so long and such a huge game to step back into, he's got plenty of mates at the club and the boys won't take to heart what happened tonight and will all be fine Saturday.

St Dennis was :

Allen - David muzzy Ricks, hill (S, Brown)

Harvey - Bidgood hayhurst hawke Rowe C, Brown - L, Ricks C, Ricks

Helston : (I think)

Robertson - B Stidwell, frazer, strike - russ Thompson jordi youngy (not sure about left winger, some guy with long hair) - eddy and goldy

Ricks, Foxy was our left winger and Strikey never played, it was Aaron Collick :)

Been a very tough month for us boys since the senior cup final. Well done to St Dennis tonight, shame you haven't had that full squad all season because you'd definitely be up and around there.

Nothing more needs to be said about the ref, think both teams would agree he is a joke, couldnt even talk to him without him shouting in your face telling you to 'shutup'

All the best for the rest of the season and next season St Dennis!

Just seen that St.Dennis are playing Porthleven this weekend. That should be a very good game, St.Dennis playing some good football and on a high after beating Helston and with Porthleven also playing some good football and looking to end on a high. i expect a tight game on Saturday