Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Tuesday 30th April

Guest smashing pumpkin

Div 5

Ludgvan Res 4-3 Marazion Res

Hard fought game tonight with two teams trying to play attractive football. We started the game well but fell behind on the break. Ludgvan attacked down our right and when the ball was crossed it fell to Andy Weir who cooly slotted home. We responded soon afterwards when Matty Thomas out jumped the oldest man still playing football, John Matthews and the ball looped over the keeper. Matty then had an open goal to equalise. Ludgvan then took the lead when a corner was whipped in to the six yard box and Tony Hannaford tapped in from close range. They scored again soon after with a carbon copy of their first goal. Almost straight from the kick off we scored when a good one two around the box and Craig Rennard nipped in to beat the keeper. But Ludgvan weren't done yet, from a cross their forward headed it goal ward, the ball flicked off Jason O'Sullivan's head and then my shin and into the back of the net. 4-2 down at half time

We pressed hard all half and scored early on when the Ludgvan keeper, all 6'8" of him saved from Craig but Matty tapped in the rebound. We had a few chances in the second half, as did Ludgvan but we were unable to get the goal.

Credit to Ludgvan, worthy winners and I'm sure if they had this team at the start of the season then they would be battling at the top with the rest of us. Next game is against Troon on Thursday. Looks highly unlikely us finishing in the top two but we will battle to the last whistle of the last game.

Eric Sleeman

Scott James

Adam Martin

James Burlingham Sanjay Vadgama

Adam Caul

Jason O'Sullivan

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney

MOM - Matty Thomas : Scored 2 and ran at Ludgvan all night

dunny can u confirm saturdays game vs clipper pls mate either on ere or ring me thursday as working 2mro 6am til 6pm on either 01209480071 or 07553533489 cheers dave rowe.

Yeah game is on......