Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Tuesday 30th April

Guest smashing pumpkin

gwinear played same amount games as park just better goal difference and both have a lot of tough games remaining! park have stithians, storm, mabe, penwith( who had good win tonight) troon left and gwinear still st erme, penwith, storm, ludgvan and mabe so loads twists and turns yet im sure

Div 5

Ludgvan Res 4-3 Marazion Res

Hard fought game tonight with two teams trying to play attractive football. We started the game well but fell behind on the break. Ludgvan attacked down our right and when the ball was crossed it fell to Andy Weir who cooly slotted home. We responded soon afterwards when Matty Thomas out jumped the oldest man still playing football, John Matthews and the ball looped over the keeper. Matty then had an open goal to equalise. Ludgvan then took the lead when a corner was whipped in to the six yard box and Tony Hannaford tapped in from close range. They scored again soon after with a carbon copy of their first goal. Almost straight from the kick off we scored when a good one two around the box and Craig Rennard nipped in to beat the keeper. But Ludgvan weren't done yet, from a cross their forward headed it goal ward, the ball flicked off Jason O'Sullivan's head and then my shin and into the back of the net. 4-2 down at half time

We pressed hard all half and scored early on when the Ludgvan keeper, all 6'8" of him saved from Craig but Matty tapped in the rebound. We had a few chances in the second half, as did Ludgvan but we were unable to get the goal.

Credit to Ludgvan, worthy winners and I'm sure if they had this team at the start of the season then they would be battling at the top with the rest of us. Next game is against Troon on Thursday. Looks highly unlikely us finishing in the top two but we will battle to the last whistle of the last game.

Eric Sleeman

Scott James

Adam Martin

James Burlingham Sanjay Vadgama

Adam Caul

Jason O'Sullivan

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney

MOM - Matty Thomas : Scored 2 and ran at Ludgvan all night

Div 5

Hard fought game tonight with two teams trying to play attractive football. We started the game well but fell behind on the break. Ludgvan attacked down our right and when the ball was crossed it fell to Andy Weir who cooly slotted home. We responded soon afterwards when Matty Thomas out jumped the oldest man still playing football, John Matthews and the ball looped over the keeper. Matty then had an open goal to equalise. Ludgvan then took the lead when a corner was whipped in to the six yard box and Tony Hannaford tapped in from close range. They scored again soon after with a carbon copy of their first goal. Almost straight from the kick off we scored when a good one two around the box and Craig Rennard nipped in to beat the keeper. But Ludgvan weren't done yet, from a cross their forward headed it goal ward, the ball flicked off Jason O'Sullivan's head and then my shin and into the back of the net. 4-2 down at half time

We pressed hard all half and scored early on when the Ludgvan keeper, all 6'8" of him saved from Craig but Matty tapped in the rebound. We had a few chances in the second half, as did Ludgvan but we were unable to get the goal.

Credit to Ludgvan, worthy winners and I'm sure if they had this team at the start of the season then they would be battling at the top with the rest of us. Next game is against Troon on Thursday. Looks highly unlikely us finishing in the top two but we will battle to the last whistle of the last game.

Eric Sleeman

Scott James

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

Jason O'Sullivan

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney

dunny can u confirm saturdays game vs clipper pls mate either on ere or ring me thursday as working 2mro 6am til 6pm on either 01209480071 or 07553533489 cheers dave rowe.

DIV 5

STITHIANS (0). 3. 75, 85, 89

ST.ERME. (2). 3. Jolly 26, Williams 33, Rapsey 79

Literally a game of two halves old cliche!! Gale force wind blowing down the pitch, and as we lost the toss we went with it. We missed chance after chance which was pretty frustrating watching on as it was my turn to run the line so was hoping we would have it second half to be honest! As it ended up we scored two great wind assisted goals with a fantastic strike into the stanchion from Els Jolly and a cheeky little chip from Stu Williams who on another day could have both had first half hat-tricks. We were missing two influential players in ace defender Jay Howman working and midfield string puller Tony Penrose who was on the bench with me in Andys rotation system to keep everyone happy. Tony came on at half time and I managed 25 minutes and we combined for me to hit the post a couple minutes after coming on to add to the frustration!!! To be fair Stithians came back well and battered us last ten minutes pushing the big centre half up front who scored a couple of goals as we had at least four players limping around with no more subs!! Evening games ain't great for us to be honest!! Heard Matty scored another two for Marazion tonight and my Benzema first goal 3-0 Real Madrid bet cost me £280 to finish my night off! Only a matter of time before Matty overtakes me for league top scorer and well done when you do, you deserve it mate. I've been goal hanging last five years. :-). The game was brilliantly reffed by Kevin Bennetts. 100/100*.

Fallowfield

Parr

Hill

Spencer

Brown

Truscott (Penrose 46)

Bellamy

McDonnell (Rapsey 66)

James

Jolly

Williams

Mom: *Williams (Ran his socks off)

Mullion 2-1 cury

Good effort by cury as they continue to build for next season. Note to mullion players the keeper doesn't have to pick the ball up straight away he can do what he wants. What u can't do is kick him. In the words of your number 8 u bunch of dipshits lol

DIV 5

STITHIANS (0). 3. 75, 85, 89

ST.ERME. (2). 3. Jolly 26, Williams 33, Rapsey 79

Literally a game of two halves old cliche!! Gale force wind blowing down the pitch, and as we lost the toss we went with it. We missed chance after chance which was pretty frustrating watching on as it was my turn to run the line so was hoping we would have it second half to be honest! As it ended up we scored two great wind assisted goals with a fantastic strike into the stanchion from Els Jolly and a cheeky little chip from Stu Williams who on another day could have both had first half hat-tricks. We were missing two influential players in ace defender Jay Howman working and midfield string puller Tony Penrose who was on the bench with me in Andys rotation system to keep everyone happy. Tony came on at half time and I managed 25 minutes and we combined for me to hit the post a couple minutes after coming on to add to the frustration!!! To be fair Stithians came back well and battered us last ten minutes pushing the big centre half up front who scored a couple of goals as we had at least four players limping around with no more subs!! Evening games ain't great for us to be honest!! Heard Matty scored another two for Marazion tonight and my Benzema first goal 3-0 Real Madrid bet cost me £280 to finish my night off! Only a matter of time before Matty overtakes me for league top scorer and well done when you do, you deserve it mate. I've been goal hanging last five years. :-). The game was brilliantly reffed by Kevin Bennetts. 100/100*.

Fallowfield

Parr

Hill

Spencer

Brown

Truscott (Penrose 46)

Bellamy

McDonnell (Rapsey 66)

James

Jolly

Williams

Mom: *Williams (Ran his socks off)

Really enjoyable game, James Dobson was the centre back who scored two and the other was a own goal I think. Final result was fair I think and both teams could have maybe scored a couple more. As Rappo said excellently officiated too.

watching as a nuetral was an entertaing evening..good physical battle all over the pitch two sendings off three goals plenty of chances including open goal missed by park. this result and marazion losing thrown it open again...squeaky bum time for all four teams involved

camborne park 1- 2 gwinear , 2 red cards loads chances now level on points!

Div 5

Eric Sleeman

Scott James

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

Jason O'Sullivan

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney

Another fair assessment from Bluenose. A good competitive game tonight between two good sides, it was nip & tuck all the way through with both teams creating chances.

There were several individual battles across the pitch, the pick of which has to be Nico Lane v Matty Thomas which was great to watch.

Good to see the Marazion boys again, most of whom I've played with at some point over the years, good luck fot the rest of the season lads.

Ludgvan scorers

Andy Weir 2

Tony Hannaford 1

1 OG

watching as a nuetral was an entertaing evening..good physical battle all over the pitch two sendings off three goals plenty of chances including open goal missed by park. this result and marazion losing thrown it open again...squeaky bum time for all four teams involved

great game to be part of no matter what result could gone either way and tell by table gonna be very very close run in! guess tonight results gwinear kinda in prime position however all rest can do is keep pressure on!! 5 games to go brilliant going to end

certainly going to be great end...a month or so ago it was helston s to loose then it was marazion s to loose then parks to loose now Gwinear s to loose!

great game to be part of no matter what result could gone either way and tell by table gonna be very very close run in! guess tonight results gwinear kinda in prime position however all rest can do is keep pressure on!! 5 games to go brilliant going to end

banned for final abbo, no idea normally ban begins 21 days after red card is issued, maybe different as so late in season wont know until get paperwork through which normally takes 7 days time referee report and administration side things so we,ll see hope so big part getting us there!

and yes totally agree with dobbie ludgvan on fire atm so big one gwinear there and also all gotta play mabe and other sides gonna be interesting

John, Eric's last post said if administration errors had not cost them 9 points they would still win the league.... The reason for my reply is had they beat newlyn dolphins 2 days after they had beat them 8-0 they would still be the team to win the league but Eric had forgot they themselfs have found no league is easy and have lost 5 points that would or could of wont the league for them in just 4days

Jason Fenton for park. Simon inwards and kris uren for gwinear.

Simon Inwards without a shadow of a doubt one of the best left backs I know in Junior Football.

Na Graham Stirr of Illogan, sometimes used as a center back but good left back :thumbsup:

Pete Norfolk for Camborne park. Paul miners for gwinear.

Was a stupid challenge from myself getting frustrated at my own game

I apologise to Ralph who was on the receiving end of the tackle

In terms of the final I have no idea, but do the crime gotta do the time

Talking of left backs. Brian Sara .. The mans first touch is quality. On me head son.

That boy sara would head a brick lol

He had a record tonight.. Headed the ball 3 times in a row. Keepy up challenge

Lol i saw him do 2 in the 2nd half, with a ball tho not a brick :)