Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 30th April 2013

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

30th April 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Quaid Saunders) 1-7 Ludgvan (Gerens James 3, Dan Magee, Jack Ramsey, Tom Patrick, OG)

Att - 30

Goonharven Athletic 0-2 RNAS Culdrose (Danny Brockwell, Paul Simmons)

Att - 20

Hayle Reserves (Kevin Lawrence 2, Gary Bell, Ben Hocking) 4-2 Pendeen Reserves (Jack Willis, Ashley Ellis)

Att - 45

Newquay Reserves 0-0 Mullion

Att - 44

Perranwell (Lee Hazeldine) 1-0 Wendron United

Att - 33

St Agnes (Nick Perry) 1-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve, Dan Knowles)

Att - 40

St Day (Joe Cooper 2) 2-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 20

St Ives Town (Jowan May, Tristan Lambert, Martyn Moon) 3-5 Illogan RBL (Luke Wort 2, Simon Ellis, James Martin, OG)

Att - 47

Troon (Simon Philips 2, Mike Turnbull) 3-4 St Just (Neil Curnow 3, Darren Steadman)

Att - 12

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 32 26 3 3 98 33 65 81
2 ST DAY 34 24 3 7 131 54 77 75
3 LUDGVAN 34 24 2 8 123 55 68 74
4 PENDEEN ROVERS 33 20 7 6 90 48 42 67
5 PERRANWELL 32 21 4 7 82 40 42 67
6 ST IVES TOWN 30 15 9 6 72 46 26 54
7 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 31 16 3 12 67 68 -1 51
8 ST AGNES 30 13 6 11 58 48 10 48**
9 ST JUST 30 15 3 12 69 61 8 48
10 MULLION 33 14 6 13 83 83 0 48
11 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 31 14 4 13 63 50 13 46
12 WENDRON UNITED 32 13 6 13 59 55 4 45
13 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 31 11 5 15 72 90 -18 35*
14 RNAS CULDROSE 31 9 7 15 62 71 -9 34
15 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 32 9 2 21 55 124 -69 29
16 HAYLE RESERVES 35 7 6 22 48 100 -52 27
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 35 8 3 24 53 109 -56 27
18 TROON 31 8 2 21 59 86 -27 26
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 31 6 5 20 48 85 -37 23
20 HOLMAN SC 34 3 4 27 39 125 -86 13

St Ives' unbeaten home record will be put under severe strain tonight.

If Newquay win and Hayle grab at least a point tonight, Holmans need to win their last 4 remaining games by big scores to have a chance of staying up. A win for Hayle will see Holmans at best finsh in the bottom two.

At the moment, before tonight's games any of the bottom eight teams can be relegated!

At the top only the top six now have a chance of winning the league. The maximum points each team can earn before tonight's games are

Illogan - 99

St Day - 87

Ludgvan - 86

Pendeen - 85

Perranwell - 85

St Ives - 81

With St Ives at home to Illogan tonight, an Illogan win will knock out St Ives from the race as the maximum points they could get would be reduced to 78 and Illogan would have 81 points already in the bag.

Holmans officially relegated following Hayle result. Not really a big shock! Thought we might have had a bit of a kilamanjaro to climb in winning our last 4 games...having only won 3 all season to even have a slim chance of getting out the brown gooey stuff.

If Newquay lose it is possible for you to finish second bottom Neil.

Newquay on 22, you on 13 with 4 to play. I said you will finish bottom 2. Newquay win tonight means you need to win and score big in your last 4 games.

Haha love your optimisim Paul but I think with 7 games to go Newquay might squeak home lol....congrats to hayle could be interesting for the 2nd relegation place now

crowd 35-40 lovely conditions pitch was excellent yet again pendeen and andre credit to their club and the combo league what a great bunch of chaps ,gracious in defeat as they were when beating us at pendeen earlier in the season ,young ben with our second and what a s trike 3-1 at ahlf time ,which hayle had most of the ball in the first half ,but andres hair dryer at half time worked and with housey dropping deeper in the second period it was backs to the wall and squeakey bum time for alex and mark for the 20 mins of the second half , a cracking game of football and both teams have some very good young talent in their teams well reffed by neil rudkin and he handled all the situations with a quite word and tried to play advantage were he could .so thanks pendeen for tonigh and onwards and upwards for the last three games for us illogan sat at home so fingers crossed

Guest BenTheYeti

All I know of the St Ives game is that Jowan May scored an unbelievable goal.. so that's one scorer down!

How many watching the game?

I shall try and find out for you Paul, I was back in St Ives feeding tourists!

Lost 1-0 tonight to Perranwell. Goal from a long throw to rival Rory Delap. That was up the slope too!

Much better performance than the last few games.

Massive one Sunday now, chance to salvage something from the season!

How does the slope make a difference with a throw in ? not a good game to watch , thought Barny stood out for Wendron .

Lost 1-0 tonight to Perranwell. Goal from a long throw to rival Rory Delap. That was up the slope too!

How does the slope make a difference with a throw in ? not a good game to watch , thought Barny stood out for Wendron .

I believe, throwing from the top side the trajectory would be greater. Physics. But was a tongue in cheek comment. I have nothing against the slope. It carries at times, but it's only Combo football. Pitch did look hard and bobbly,which may be part of the reason for lack of proper football. Yes Barn stood out, thought Rosey did for you.

Bit if a horror tackle toward or keeper by your number 11. Being a keeper himself I would have thought he would have known that. Lucky he didn't connect fully. No malice in it, just bit over keen I think.

Good bunch of lads though as usual,look forward to having you at ours in next few weeks, hopefully football is better quality.

All the best.

I believe, throwing from the top side the trajectory would be greater. Physics. But was a tongue in cheek comment. I have nothing against the slope. It carries at times, but it's only Combo football. Pitch did look hard and bobbly,which may be part of the reason for lack of proper football. Yes Barn stood out, thought Rosey did for you.

Bit if a horror tackle toward or keeper by your number 11. Being a keeper himself I would have thought he would have known that. Lucky he didn't connect fully. No malice in it, just bit over keen I think.

Good bunch of lads though as usual,look forward to having you at ours in next few weeks, hopefully football is better quality.

All the best.

Yes pitch was bad ( usually rolled each week ) don't know why it wasn't ... how does the ball know its going up the slope in the air ??

After last nights games, St Ives are out of the title race. Another win for Illogan will knock out Pendeen. Predictions are now Illogan (1st), Ludgvan (2nd), St Day (3rd), Perranwell (4th), Pendeen (5th).

At the bottom, predictions from the bottom up are now, Holmans (20th), Porthleven (19th), Hayle (18th), Newquay (17th), Troon (16th), Falmouth Athletic (15th).

All the best.

Yes pitch was bad ( usually rolled each week ) don't know why it wasn't ... how does the ball know its going up the slope in the air ??

Psychological and physics - both.

All the best.

Psychological and physics - both.

let me clear this up.

a throw in, on the top side of the pitch at Perranwell, taken by a 6ft player, travelling on average 18m, at 35kmph, reaching a height of 10ft 6inches at the top of the arc,taking into consideration the pitch falling away 1m every 10m, will, without question land on Simon Fishers or Ian Arnolds head every time.

Hs's not that old mate, was a youngster when we played together at Porthleven, so glad he was in my team though, i never wanted to play against him in training !!!

What a team mate though, a Porthleven legend. Andrew Mills aka MAULER !!! X

Here! Here! The nicest bloke you could wish to meet off the pitch and the best team mate on it.

I would like to agree with these words about millsy! He was the captain when I first started playing mens football and took me under his wing! Will never forget his comment to Gary bannister in training! A top top bloke

Is that the one about his goal down at Ludgvan?

I reckon Mauler is 41 or around that age Kev.

Hs's not that old mate, was a youngster when we played together at Porthleven, so glad he was in my team though, i never wanted to play against him in training !!!

Was you in goal and Millsy played out when we beat you 7-0 in the combo cup final at Bickland park ?

thanks Rob, 42 actually! ( it looks old when you write it!!)

Was you in goal and Millsy played out when we beat you 7-0 in the combo cup final at Bickland park ?

Very amusing Kempy, yes I was behind the Sean Gilbert 30 yrd shot when my colleague above, Mr Hoare (keeper), shouted wide and the effing ball went in off the far post for a 3 nil lead 2 mins after half time.. N'jie lost most of his hair at this point in the centre circle with the remaining bits falling out when Mr Hoare took a goal kick (top goal) at Helston in the wind, which blew back over his head, and it went out for a corner.!! Remember that Kev?

ANDY MILLS Hayle legend

Won more in 4 games than others and the club have won in the last few years.

If only Andy.....THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY Port must have been paying more than Helston are now??? :D

We agree a Brewery cup contract only Perry! I made it perfectly clear at the time. (enjoyed it though!) some team!!