Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Monday 29th April

Div 3

Chacewater 1 Holman SC 4 H/T 0-1

Holmans wanted to win the game more than Chacewater did.

Penalty for Chacewater saved by Nigel Hambly in the first half before what could only be descibed as a clearance from the halfway line gave Holmans the lead.Though Chacewater hit the post in the second half,two goals came for Luke Johnson and a fourth for Holmans before Ian Bromwell followed up his penalty which Adam Gilks initially saved.

Good luck to Holmans for your remaining few matches.

Threemilestone 5-2 Penzance

Penzance made Threemilestone work hard for this victory being at one time 2-0 up before going in at half-time with a slender 2-1 lead. In the second half Threemilestone played the long ball and went they scored their fourth you could hear the relief from the few spectators and their players. In the final 10mins it was all Penzance and if someone from Threemilestoine is reading this they know that the final score flattered them.

0-1 10mins. Penalty for hand ball Leigh Murray scores

0-2 20mins Long ball, Harry Corin one on one with the keeper. Flick blocked by keeper but Harry pokes it in from 15yds

1-2 43mins Down the left, cross flicked on, flicked shot in at back post.

2-2 63mins Long ball diagonal left to right, player runs in, rising volley, cross goal, from 12yds

3-2 65mins Long ball on the right, cross for a tap in from 6yds

4-2 74mins Corner on left, free header from 8yds at back of box.

5-2 78mins Penalty, ref says for holding. No-one appealed!

Match facts

Corners: Threemilestone 10-8 Penzance

Fouls conceded Threemilestone 13-13 Penzance

Attendance: 20 (6 for Pz)

What was sad there were 20 watching our game but roughly 40 watching the kids game next door.

Not quite sure I agree with CTB.. Tms started very poor and Penzance deservedly went one nil up through a deserved penalty. Second goal was very sloppy from Tms with a mix up between centre half and goalkeeper allowing the striker an easy tap in. Threemilestone then started playing and hit the woodwork twice before pulling one back with a good move down the left ending in a tap in. TMS then quickly and deservedly made it 4:2 before the penalty which was giving for shirt pulling made it 5. Tms again took there foot off the gas last 10 allowing Penzance most of the ball but they didn't create a lot. TMS deserved winners in the end despite playing very poor.. Fair play to PZ though played some good football

Threemilestone 5 penzance 2.

Tms goals Joey sims 3, Ryan Stephens 2.

Tms very poor 1st half and Penzance played very well and deserved their two goal lead, didn, t look like a team propping up the rest of the division. A third goal would of probably put the game beyond tms, but it was 2-1 just before half time. Second half penzance seemed to tire very quickly and the Stones soon turned the game around without being at their best. Thought the Ref was quiet effecient, although PZ players didn't seem so happy with him, and picked up a couple of bookings. I would image his name is lofty, (being about 6'4").

Went down malpas to watch today and couldn't agree more with wonderwall. CTB, I wouldn't say it flattered them to much, Threemilestones keeper had very little to do and Threemilestone hit the woodwork a few times.

Thought the ref was very good.

First couple of minutes, Threemilestone keeper had to leap to tip ball over the bar.

Threemilestone hit top of bar from a header.

Threemilestone shot hits the post.

Only other real chances unless you lot think a keeper scooping up the ball from a long distance grass cutter is a chance, if so both sides had a couple of them.

Last ten, Penzance have two cleared off the Threemilestone line.

Guest BenTheYeti

Now that I've taken a dose of Horse Tranquilizers..

Division 2

St Ives Reserves 1 - 2 Titans (Titans are Champions)

I think if I had a pound for every time the referee gets a mention here, I could pay to have our pitch rolled..

After we were thoroughly tonked in the first half an hour in the reverse fixture, and with an unbeaten home record to try and maintain, the lads didn't need much encouragement to be up for this one. We were also benefitting from having a near full strength squad to choose from, and with conditions and a pitch drier than a camel driver's armpit, the game got underway.
The first 10 minutes were very even, with the ball spending most of its time pinging around near the centre circle, however both teams forced an early corner apiece, which were duly headed wide. The first time the ball found itself out on the wing for either team, was at the feet of the OAP, and thus began the referee's evening of fun and merriment. Scott tried to go past his man and was hit by a rather "robust" challenge, which the referee rightly blew for a foul. The Titans lad promptly picked himself up off the floor and exclaimed "Damn blast it Referee, that jolly well wasn't a free kick".. and the man in black promptly sent him off with 80 minutes to play.
This served as an impetus to the home team to really have a go, but unsurprisingly, also fired up the opposition who felt hard done by, and the midfield tug of war resumed, with credit to Titans who certainly didn't look a man short.
Those in white started to show why they've been at the top all season, but were finding the route down the middle looking like the Berlin Wall as Josh Curnow and Andrew Chard stood firm at the centre of defence, and when the ball was being played out wide or from a corner, I'd luckily found an invisible step ladder behind the goal and was able to put in more punches than Rocky III.
The pressure refused to relent however, and with 40 minutes gone, and a hard day of playing on the swings at nursery behind them, our lads decided it was nap time, as a ball in was only half cleared, and a simple chip over the top found two players in white with most of the penalty area to themselves, with (I think) Jordan teeing up Adam Brown to rifle home at about 712mph.
HT 0-1
The message was simple from him in charge, keep trying to play football and tackle like the warriors in 300. Naturally, Mr Marks had told his troops something similar, and another even 15 minutes was played out, with Barney Poznansky hooking a shot down the keeper's gullet, and me wafting a finger at a few cross shots which evaded everyone in white.
When you're playing against 10 men, you always feel you have a chance, and after a few minutes of concerted pressure, we forced a corner. By now, Daggers was flaying his arms around like he was doing the YMCA in trying to get as many into the box as possible, and the unlikely presence of Andrew caused some chaos, with the ball being shuffled away towards the edge of the area. Jake Cook gave chase, and one of the Titans lads kindly had a rush of blood to the head and charged him over like a kid mowing down his sister's sandcastle, and a penalty was awarded. As I'm a bit weird, I didn't watch the penalty being taken, but I assume Alex Brown did what he does best and put it away for 1-1.
Titans are a tough team to play on any given day, but give them a red card, some mind boggling decisions by the referee (though in his "defence", he weren't much good for us either.. more about that later), and a penalty against them, and it's like draping a giant red flag over our goal in front of 10 bulls. And so, the onslaught to find the title winning goal began.
However, I've watched these lads play for 21 games this season, and they've grown and learnt as a unit, and defended manfully and stoutly in the face of what was becoming boomerang football. Naturally, Titans created two clear chances in this spell, with one being dragged wide, and the other from a cross which was delivered to perfection for a volley at the back post. Luckily, I'd swapped my boots for clown shoes at half time and away it went off one of them for a corner.
By now, we were looking to try and hit on the break, and also by now, the referee was feeling a bit left out, so unfortunately (and I really do hate criticising anyone involved in football other than myself), the last 15 minutes were all about him.
Firstly, after one such counter attack, John McWilliams expertly set Alex Brown on a clear run to the penalty area, and as he bore down on goal, a Titans defender did what anyone would do when facing the prospect of losing an unbeaten record; put on a lumberjack shirt and sent Alex crashing to the ground 20 yards out. The referee awarded the free kick, but then when asked about the last man scenario, his reply was "I would send the player off, but I can't remember who committed the foul"
After some discussion, Jake Cook played the "I'm biggest and oldest" card, and, with his recent efforts being more of a danger to passing wildlife than the goal, surprised us all with a Howitzer of a shot that forced the keeper into an excellent one handed save. Within seconds of this foray forward, we had another attack, but the outcome was all a bit different for Jake, who, clearly upset at being flagged offside for the 93rd time was heard to say "Oh good golly Referee, that little blighter running the line is terribly annoying" and out came the red card again.
So 10 vs 10, and 1 - 1 looked like being a fair and even outcome, and something we would have taken with delight after working so hard against quite simply the best team we've come up against.
Alas, that delightful gentleman in black wasn't finished..
One last attack from Titans left their striker running onto a difficult ball over the top, and with myself narrowing the angle, he did well to get any real purchase on the ball and send it harmlessly wide for a goal kick, and both our momentums sent us into a heap on the floor. With the ball nestling in a divot behind the goal and us two picking ourselves up, the man in the middle clearly thought I'd committed some act of a truly unholy nature and awarded a penalty. In amongst all the cheers from the away end, the sheer wall of abuse from the home end and players, all I heard was one thing; The striker standing next to me, shaking his head and saying "That was never a penalty" Unfortunately, my weekly wage wasn't enough to pay him to tell the referee this, who then spoke clearly for the first time all game before the penalty was taken (and with 89 minutes and 35 seconds on the clock) to state "The penalty will be the last kick of the game fellas, regardless of what happens"
Someone had to be a hero, and unfortunately for us, it wasn't me as I kept up my stellar record of going the wrong way for every penalty I've faced this season and the Titans players and support were sent into delirium at winning the league title.

On a personal note, I am still devastated for the 13 lads who played in front of me yesterday evening, as they gave 110% all night, and they thoroughly deserved something to show for that. But credit too to the men in White, who were also on the receiving end of some of the officiating, but never doubted themselves in getting the result they wanted.

Once again, I always try and be as neutral and as honest as possible, but one man ruined this game all evening, and he didn't do justice to all the other fantastic referees out there.

Now that I've taken a dose of Horse Tranquilizers..

Division 2

St Ives Reserves 1 - 2 Titans (Titans are Champions)

I think if I had a pound for every time the referee gets a mention here, I could pay to have our pitch rolled..

After we were thoroughly tonked in the first half an hour in the reverse fixture, and with an unbeaten home record to try and maintain, the lads didn't need much encouragement to be up for this one. We were also benefitting from having a near full strength squad to choose from, and with conditions and a pitch drier than a camel driver's armpit, the game got underway.

The first 10 minutes were very even, with the ball spending most of its time pinging around near the centre circle, however both teams forced an early corner apiece, which were duly headed wide. The first time the ball found itself out on the wing for either team, was at the feet of the OAP, and thus began the referee's evening of fun and merriment. Scott tried to go past his man and was hit by a rather "robust" challenge, which the referee rightly blew for a foul. The Titans lad promptly picked himself up off the floor and exclaimed "Damn blast it Referee, that jolly well wasn't a free kick".. and the man in black promptly sent him off with 80 minutes to play.

This served as an impetus to the home team to really have a go, but unsurprisingly, also fired up the opposition who felt hard done by, and the midfield tug of war resumed, with credit to Titans who certainly didn't look a man short.

Those in white started to show why they've been at the top all season, but were finding the route down the middle looking like the Berlin Wall as Josh Curnow and Andrew Chard stood firm at the centre of defence, and when the ball was being played out wide or from a corner, I'd luckily found an invisible step ladder behind the goal and was able to put in more punches than Rocky III.

The pressure refused to relent however, and with 40 minutes gone, and a hard day of playing on the swings at nursery behind them, our lads decided it was nap time, as a ball in was only half cleared, and a simple chip over the top found two players in white with most of the penalty area to themselves, with (I think) Jordan teeing up Adam Brown to rifle home at about 712mph.

HT 0-1

The message was simple from him in charge, keep trying to play football and tackle like the warriors in 300. Naturally, Mr Marks had told his troops something similar, and another even 15 minutes was played out, with Barney Poznansky hooking a shot down the keeper's gullet, and me wafting a finger at a few cross shots which evaded everyone in white.

When you're playing against 10 men, you always feel you have a chance, and after a few minutes of concerted pressure, we forced a corner. By now, Daggers was flaying his arms around like he was doing the YMCA in trying to get as many into the box as possible, and the unlikely presence of Andrew caused some chaos, with the ball being shuffled away towards the edge of the area. Jake Cook gave chase, and one of the Titans lads kindly had a rush of blood to the head and charged him over like a kid mowing down his sister's sandcastle, and a penalty was awarded. As I'm a bit weird, I didn't watch the penalty being taken, but I assume Alex Brown did what he does best and put it away for 1-1.

Titans are a tough team to play on any given day, but give them a red card, some mind boggling decisions by the referee (though in his "defence", he weren't much good for us either.. more about that later), and a penalty against them, and it's like draping a giant red flag over our goal in front of 10 bulls. And so, the onslaught to find the title winning goal began.

However, I've watched these lads play for 21 games this season, and they've grown and learnt as a unit, and defended manfully and stoutly in the face of what was becoming boomerang football. Naturally, Titans created two clear chances in this spell, with one being dragged wide, and the other from a cross which was delivered to perfection for a volley at the back post. Luckily, I'd swapped my boots for clown shoes at half time and away it went off one of them for a corner.

By now, we were looking to try and hit on the break, and also by now, the referee was feeling a bit left out, so unfortunately (and I really do hate criticising anyone involved in football other than myself), the last 15 minutes were all about him.

Firstly, after one such counter attack, John McWilliams expertly set Alex Brown on a clear run to the penalty area, and as he bore down on goal, a Titans defender did what anyone would do when facing the prospect of losing an unbeaten record; put on a lumberjack shirt and sent Alex crashing to the ground 20 yards out. The referee awarded the free kick, but then when asked about the last man scenario, his reply was "I would send the player off, but I can't remember who committed the foul"

After some discussion, Jake Cook played the "I'm biggest and oldest" card, and, with his recent efforts being more of a danger to passing wildlife than the goal, surprised us all with a Howitzer of a shot that forced the keeper into an excellent one handed save. Within seconds of this foray forward, we had another attack, but the outcome was all a bit different for Jake, who, clearly upset at being flagged offside for the 93rd time was heard to say "Oh good golly Referee, that little blighter running the line is terribly annoying" and out came the red card again.

So 10 vs 10, and 1 - 1 looked like being a fair and even outcome, and something we would have taken with delight after working so hard against quite simply the best team we've come up against.

Alas, that delightful gentleman in black wasn't finished..

One last attack from Titans left their striker running onto a difficult ball over the top, and with myself narrowing the angle, he did well to get any real purchase on the ball and send it harmlessly wide for a goal kick, and both our momentums sent us into a heap on the floor. With the ball nestling in a divot behind the goal and us two picking ourselves up, the man in the middle clearly thought I'd committed some act of a truly unholy nature and awarded a penalty. In amongst all the cheers from the away end, the sheer wall of abuse from the home end and players, all I heard was one thing; The striker standing next to me, shaking his head and saying "That was never a penalty" Unfortunately, my weekly wage wasn't enough to pay him to tell the referee this, who then spoke clearly for the first time all game before the penalty was taken (and with 89 minutes and 35 seconds on the clock) to state "The penalty will be the last kick of the game fellas, regardless of what happens"

Someone had to be a hero, and unfortunately for us, it wasn't me as I kept up my stellar record of going the wrong way for every penalty I've faced this season and the Titans players and support were sent into delirium at winning the league title.

On a personal note, I am still devastated for the 13 lads who played in front of me yesterday evening, as they gave 110% all night, and they thoroughly deserved something to show for that. But credit too to the men in White, who were also on the receiving end of some of the officiating, but never doubted themselves in getting the result they wanted.

Once again, I always try and be as neutral and as honest as possible, but one man ruined this game all evening, and he didn't do justice to all the other fantastic referees out there.

Great report yeti!!

got get through the quarter first, quarter final next thursday the winners play falmouth on the sunday at helston. so if we are luck enough to win our quarter 4 games in 8 days. Not going to lie Marksy we wouldn't mind one more crack at your boys just for old times sake.

oh apologies i didnt realise sorry culdrose i believe, i must confess have not looked :wacko: ok well good luck to st ives & culdrose & then whoever to meet Falmouth :) Have to say all 5 teams left in would be worthy winners, but im glad we have Wendron on a personal front, they ve run us the closest & if the ievitable were to happen, they to would be worthy finalists. :thumbsup:

Guest BenTheYeti

Yeah Stu out of the 10 outfield players that started on saturday this was there ages, 16,20,19,20,17,18,18,19,31,21 that old git at 31 is really ruining that average age i might have to find a replacement.

Don't forget about the old twit in goal.. he ruins everything..