Cornwall Football Forum

Summer transfer news....

This forum is full of people moaning about particular clubs and the standard of players/football in the South West.

There's a really simple solution for all of you!!

Don't go and watch it!

That's already happening - the crowds are abysmal.

Not at St.Austell!

Good quality team, good bunch of local lads, great atmosphere at the ground, always a busy bar post match, average gate of 143.

Not too long ago Poltair Park was a dull and dreary place getting beaten 6/7/8 - 0 every week. Now, through a lot of voluntary hard work and generosity through sponsorship, it has a fantastic team who will hopefully be competing in the FA Cup next year, and a ground/bar that has seen huge improvements.

It CAN be done. Bitching/moaning/complaining has no place in local football. Why not go to your club with a fork on a Saturday morning and repair patchy ground? Help advertise fixtures in your area? Offer to stand on the gate and take admission chargers? Help with production of the programme? Empty bins at the end of the game? Help mark the lines before ko? Go to local businesses and try to gain sponsorship?

You never know, by doing these things you may just notice a change on the field!

Ryan German had changed things around dramatically with the help of his assistant. After losing at Liverton in december Bovey lost only 1 in 12 against Bodmin and yes beat Falmouth.

It doesn't always take 2 sides to make a dull game. Bovey played better than Falmouth and got the reward playing with 10 men as well. You would need to speak to the Falmouth Manager if you ain't happy with what you see but Bovey are playing good football in 2013 so comparing them to Combo ridiculous. They have a strong youth set up as well after using players under 19 against the likes of Coulton and Hughes at Saltash and doing well representing the club.

I take it you will be at the fixture on 11th May or will you not support your own side by watching the fa cup?

Gusty won't be leaving Camelford and Hoops will certainly not be going anywhere.

I think Newquay have learnt a lot this season and will surely be out to put a lot of things right next year, plus they have the excitement of Godolphin being promoted and that derby game back.

As for transfer rumours.

Liam Eddy, Charlie Young & Dan Stidwell all to leave Helston? Just a conversation I was having with one of there parents during the Porthleven/Helston Game made me believe so

Ryan German had changed things around dramatically with the help of his assistant. After losing at Liverton in december Bovey lost only 1 in 12 against Bodmin and yes beat Falmouth.

It doesn't always take 2 sides to make a dull game. Bovey played better than Falmouth and got the reward playing with 10 men as well. You would need to speak to the Falmouth Manager if you ain't happy with what you see but Bovey are playing good football in 2013 so comparing them to Combo ridiculous. They have a strong youth set up as well after using players under 19 against the likes of Coulton and Hughes at Saltash and doing well representing the club.

I take it you will be at the fixture on 11th May or will you not support your own side by watching the fa cup?

. I don't support either side,so from a neutral BOTH sides were pants,here you have the ball,no you can have it back,total so when you finished watching through your rosé tinted glasses,yes just above combo,

I cannot comment on standard of football as I did not see this game but, Bovey certainly don't pay and from what I have heard Falmouth do not, or they pay very little.

This would probably explain why the standard as dropped.

This is what happens when you can't afford to pay players! You work with what you have got and it is very likely the standard of football will drop!

Very rare you get it both ways, as in no budget and still producing a good team at this level.

Here you have it, no you have it back. Thats why Bovey like to play football and keep the ball rather than hoofball and we don't pay but players still give their all for one another. Its just getting players to adjust to each others roles and responsibilities to make a good game even for the neutrals. Credit to TMM for watching a neutral game but not all games are seen the way you think but your opinion has been noted.

Would be great to see Micheal back at Newquay, i heard that he was going to saltash as it was closer to his home? Jason Chapman to be a peppermint next season along with possibly the signing of the season that will be Adam Carter to lead the line. Gavin coulton to bodmin now Glynn Hobbs has moved on with Shane (krac) returning to his native plymouth parkway.

what a load of rubbish! how on earth could newquay afford these players combined with what they are supposidly paying already!? Is there a money tree at mount wise, why would Adam Carter leave bodmin to join a team that are nearly 40 points behind them in the table!! Its been said on here before that they might pay well but money doesnt buy success as the table reads they are very average at best. Adam will pick up three winners medals again this season, why walk away from the best team in cornwall. Congratulations again this evening guys on a well deserved victory at a strong elburton villa side.

Iv heard the same rumours about the 3 Helston players, but iv heard the reasons for them leaving are due to the fact they are forming a breakaway team, which I believe is going to be called Ashton Rockets, hopefully Dan Stidwell can give us some more information on this.

I think my problem was I tried to be able to play in too many different positions!! I'll enjoy taking in a few games next season but will always be a blue!!

On a side note how Jason Robertson isn't being tapped up by other clubs I do not know! What a keeper!!

Since impressing on his debut for St Blazey, Student Prodigy Ben Ramdas has been linked to a host of big name local clubs.

Defo has to be a wind up.

Come on boys, read the name - been rammed ass. Spotty faced geeky school boy, sorry uni student - he will have to go to work one day, then we can have a laugh, his ology will come in useful stacking shelves or being a pool guard.

Sad news about Lee Hodges not being given a new contract with Truro, never lee's fault with what has happened at that club. Although i did hear something a few weeks back about there being a clear out in the summer. And with Truro wanting to bring youth through maybe they would be interested in Dennis Annear, He had a very young side down at Porhleven he is also a Truro lad and has just coached the Under 16s i believe.

Darren Gilbert himself has said that he will still be at Bodmin Town next season and it is understood that there will be little movement of players out of Bodmin as well.. Hopefully he will talk the mighty legend Kevin Miller to carry on for another season too..

What an earth would dennis annear offer truro citys first team squad!? Without being disrespectful but how would he be able to attract players of the quality needed at that level of football or was that a sham post!? Better off trying to tempt one of the top peninsula prem managers...any suggestions!?

Well I think any player who has the past of football under their belt that Dennis has then he would be perfectly adequate to coach Truro. Being the captain for the county senior squad, and being the first Cornish man to lift up the senior county cup is one of the best achievement around. And also being envolved in tottenhams youth squad in his early teens and being envolved in football for 28 years is an amazing achievement.